IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Gauging interest in functional IS-F Carbon Fiber Front Lip

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-10 | 08:02 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

IMHO, that Five Axis lip design is gorgeous. It is the only one, again, IMHO, that complements the lines of the F. If it could be made in a material that could be painted to match the exterior color and were reasonably priced, I would be first in line.

Lou
Old 12-24-10 | 09:34 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Euroteck
The lip would have no issues at any high speeds. Just curious, what type of driving are you doing? track? or just ripping it upon open highways?
Both track and street use. I like to enjoy the car on the roads out west
Old 12-24-10 | 12:54 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by X20A
"Purpose". I hate toothy grins. If the point of a splitter is to keep air moving fast underneath, and have air standing on top of it, having teeth (GAPS) to let air through seems counter-intuitive, and looks silly.

Case in point.... *shudder*
I gotacha, We do not do styles like that. All ours look very well integrated.

Come on guys! just a few more of you on board. The design we are thinking of will be killer looking!
Old 12-30-10 | 01:57 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

I'm in depending on the final style. FWIW I like the Five Axis lip, but I'd love to see other options.
Old 12-30-10 | 04:26 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

1. Splat
2. GarrettISF
3. 96817isf
4. X20A
5. lobuxracer

Interested in track use - function first - I want to add speed through fast corners (90+ mph) and reduce understeer.
Old 01-02-11 | 05:42 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Juanca
I'm in depending on the final style. FWIW I like the Five Axis lip, but I'd love to see other options.
Should we add you to the list? are you willing to leave $200 and trust us on a design similar to those we have done on our Mercedes lips?
Old 01-02-11 | 07:26 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Add me to the list too, will ya!
Old 01-03-11 | 12:32 AM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by PurduePete
Add me to the list too, will ya!
Gladly! I am really excited to get this going!

1. Splat
2. GarrettISF
3. 96817isf
4. X20A
5. lobuxracer
6. PurduePete
Old 01-03-11 | 06:39 AM
mrohno
Driver

Is there a way you guys might be able to post any drawings/renderings/ideations on the lip design? This for me is the biggest thing holding me back from climbing on board. I want to get a lip/diffuser but I am very particular and would love to at least get some sort of an idea of what you all are intending. (it's hard for me to picture your current offerings on the ISF) thanks and hopefully my request is not too difficult.

Oh, and how long before products would be ready? thanks

jay
Old 01-03-11 | 09:54 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^I 2nd that. See my post at the top of this page. Euroteck has not addressed it.

Lou
Old 01-03-11 | 04:58 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mrohno
Is there a way you guys might be able to post any drawings/renderings/ideations on the lip design? This for me is the biggest thing holding me back from climbing on board. I want to get a lip/diffuser but I am very particular and would love to at least get some sort of an idea of what you all are intending. (it's hard for me to picture your current offerings on the ISF) thanks and hopefully my request is not too difficult.

Oh, and how long before products would be ready? thanks

jay
Hi Jay

That is a great question, and i totally understand what you mean. This however is going to be exteremely hard to do sadly. For us to actually design and show you a rendering of what the lip would exactly look like, we first need to buy the IS-F front bumper, digitalize it, then have one of our engineers design the part in 3D. This does wind up talking quite sometime, and also gets to be very expensive..

This is why we were looking to do the $200 deposit from everyone, to try to fund this. Because as of now, we do not see enough interest to do this with out a group buy.

Oh, and as for time frame. Say we got 10 deposits. We would have an actual part done, on a car for a test fit in about 30 days. Then say there were 10 orders, they would be done in about 3 weeks.
Old 01-04-11 | 01:59 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Euroteck
Hi Jay

That is a great question, and i totally understand what you mean. This however is going to be exteremely hard to do sadly. For us to actually design and show you a rendering of what the lip would exactly look like, we first need to buy the IS-F front bumper, digitalize it, then have one of our engineers design the part in 3D. This does wind up talking quite sometime, and also gets to be very expensive..

This is why we were looking to do the $200 deposit from everyone, to try to fund this. Because as of now, we do not see enough interest to do this with out a group buy.

Oh, and as for time frame. Say we got 10 deposits. We would have an actual part done, on a car for a test fit in about 30 days. Then say there were 10 orders, they would be done in about 3 weeks.
If you build they will come!

that being said fill this pre-order up people!
Old 01-04-11 | 05:11 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Yes guys, lets try not to let this die...
Old 01-05-11 | 11:28 AM
GarrettISF
Driver School Candidate

4 more, come on. Take a minute to look at their site. They clearly make high end products...lets get this project on its way.
Old 01-05-11 | 12:50 PM
clifftrail
Pole Position

I'm interested but I'm with the crowd that needs to see a design idea before I blindly start throwing money around. Plenty of people make high end products that we can see, there shouldn't be any reason you can't throw together some drawings of your idea no matter how rough.

Quick Reply: Gauging interest in functional IS-F Carbon Fiber Front Lip