IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Gauging interest in functional IS-F Carbon Fiber Front Lip

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-11, 04:55 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you want us to paypal you or how for the downpayment? id like to have the first as im on the list you know!! lol. i have your email just tell me what the paypal address is or how you would like the $200 payment.
Old 01-15-11, 06:25 PM
Damage
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Euroteck
Nothing was yet started, so no. However guys! I have decided its a go! So we just purchaded an IS-F front bumper (will be here Monday or Tuesday). And I should have a prototype done in about 2 and a half week on the bumper. I will of course will post pics here. I am very excited about this part, It will most definitely be awesome!
Cool. Really in need of one. Any thoughts on producing a non CF version though?
Old 01-15-11, 11:39 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Splat
do you want us to paypal you or how for the downpayment? id like to have the first as im on the list you know!! lol. i have your email just tell me what the paypal address is or how you would like the $200 payment.
At this point, we are not requiring deposits anymore. However, if you would like to leave a $200 deposit to get one of if not the first, you are more then welcome. Your $200 would be applied to the lip of course. And it is even refundable. Should you change your mind or not like the style, I will refund you no questions asked.
Old 01-15-11, 11:41 PM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Damage
Cool. Really in need of one. Any thoughts on producing a non CF version though?
Well, we can lay one up for you in fiberglass if you wanted. It would only save about $100-$150 though. So its up to you.
Old 01-16-11, 12:10 AM
Damage
Advanced

Originally Posted by Euroteck
Well, we can lay one up for you in fiberglass if you wanted. It would only save about $100-$150 though. So its up to you.
Hmm, can't do one in just plain plastic? For example:

http://www.fvd.de/de/en/Porsche-0/99...--2010%2B.html

^ $200

I wanna leave mine black plastic. It's going to get scraped anyhow so I rather it be something cheap I can replace once a year or something. If you can get it down to that price, you probably can sell a ton of them too aside from the CF version for those that want more bling.

If not and the only price difference is $100-$150 AND it looks good, I guess I'll just have to drive super freaking careful everywhere then.
Old 01-16-11, 12:29 AM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ $200

I wanna leave mine black plastic. It's going to get scraped anyhow so I rather it be something cheap I can replace once a year or something. If you can get it down to that price, you probably can sell a ton of them too aside from the CF version for those that want more bling.

If not and the only price difference is $100-$150 AND it looks good, I guess I'll just have to drive super freaking careful everywhere then.
At the risk of sounding like an *******... if you can afford an ISF I dont think you should be haggling about a functional lip costing around the same price a average of a non functional cosmetic lip. Eurotech has stated in other threads they only do work with carbon fiber. That being said, I think it was really cool for them to offer you a fiber glass one to keep it more economically friendly.

Edit: and being at stock ride height you shouldnt have to worry about ruining the lip nor be required to "drive super freaking careful". Swerve out of the way of potholes, slow down for dips, and angle driveways and speed bumps if necessary it will become almost second nature to you after a while.
Old 01-16-11, 01:17 AM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

^ $200

Yeah, we only work with composite materials. And honestly, plastic is a whole different business. You need to make an injection mould, and we know nothing about that, and do not have the capability, knowledge or materials to do so.

Just a FYI, I use to have that plastic lip on my GT3, and although they are inexpensive, when you scrape them, since they flex so much, you wind up scrapping a very visible spot and not just the bottom, and once its scrapped the plastic is so rough and sheds.

With carbon if you scrape it, its ok, it will only be at the bottom, you will only crack it if you hit something severe, or hit it on a curb if you car is to low. We are not going to make this lip unusable for the street, so you will be fine. We rarely have people cracking our lips for other cars even when lowered, and 95% of people with lips have their car lowered.
Old 01-16-11, 01:29 AM
Damage
Advanced

Originally Posted by windex
At the risk of sounding like an *******... if you can afford an ISF I dont think you should be haggling about a functional lip costing around the same price a average of a non functional cosmetic lip. Eurotech has stated in other threads they only do work with carbon fiber. That being said, I think it was really cool for them to offer you a fiber glass one to keep it more economically friendly.

Edit: and being at stock ride height you shouldnt have to worry about ruining the lip nor be required to "drive super freaking careful". Swerve out of the way of potholes, slow down for dips, and angle driveways and speed bumps if necessary it will become almost second nature to you after a while.
It's not about being able to afford something or haggling. I'm not haggling down the price of the CF one. I'm wondering if they're willing to make another version that costs less that I can replace often. It's a part I know I'll scrape so I rather it be inexpensive enough that I can replace often. I've already scraped the bottom of my bumper and it wasn't from driveways or speed bumps. It's from those stupid parking blocks. If I bought a nice CF piece I know I'll be annoyed once it gets scraped.

So if he sold one at $200 for a plastic version and I replaced every year it would take 4yrs and I'd already be paying more than 1 of the CF version. So it's not I can't afford something. I just rather keep the car looking nice without damage.

Euroteck - looking forward to the design and early photos.

Last edited by Damage; 01-16-11 at 01:55 AM.
Old 01-16-11, 07:28 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ I would prefer the durability of CF rather than any thoughts of changing the lip out every so often. Wouldn't you have to paint the plastic, additional cost? You sound like you want to be in on the CF one, get off the fence already.....

When it comes to a lip, either go real strong to witstand like CF or something really flexible like urethane. Plastic is a no no.... Anyone remember Erebuni?

Oh, and thanks to Euroteck for your support.
Old 01-16-11, 08:09 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Our cars have enough plastic for costing what they do... and CF looks so hot! Wouldn't want anything else on my F.
Neil any thoughts on a functional roof/rear window spoiler? Im currently rocking an ebay one (fits great and looks dam good for 89 bucks shipped) but I highly doubt its doing a thing besides looking good.

Last edited by darbs242; 01-16-11 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-16-11, 08:20 AM
dsg03svt
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PurduePete
^^ I would prefer the durability of CF rather than any thoughts of changing the lip out every so often. Wouldn't you have to paint the plastic, additional cost? You sound like you want to be in on the CF one, get off the fence already.....

When it comes to a lip, either go real strong to witstand like CF or something really flexible like urethane. Plastic is a no no.... Anyone remember Erebuni?

He posted he wouldn't paint but rather keep the black plastic look, like on many cars these days.
Old 01-16-11, 08:33 AM
Splat
Lead Lap

Neil i would like to do that, where and how do you want payment?
Old 01-17-11, 01:00 AM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

It's not about being able to afford something or haggling. I'm not haggling down the price of the CF one. I'm wondering if they're willing to make another version that costs less that I can replace often. It's a part I know I'll scrape so I rather it be inexpensive enough that I can replace often. I've already scraped the bottom of my bumper and it wasn't from driveways or speed bumps. It's from those stupid parking blocks. If I bought a nice CF piece I know I'll be annoyed once it gets scraped.

So if he sold one at $200 for a plastic version and I replaced every year it would take 4yrs and I'd already be paying more than 1 of the CF version. So it's not I can't afford something. I just rather keep the car looking nice without damage.

Euroteck - looking forward to the design and early photos.

No worries. I just saw your username and said, wait, maybe now I know why you want a plastic one!
Old 01-17-11, 01:01 AM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by PurduePete

Oh man, Erebuni, that brings back lots of memories, the days of when I use to want to modify an accord coupe 4cyl!
Old 01-17-11, 01:03 AM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by darbs242
Our cars have enough plastic for costing what they do... and CF looks so hot! Wouldn't want anything else on my F.
Neil any thoughts on a functional roof/rear window spoiler? Im currently rocking an ebay one (fits great and looks dam good for 89 bucks shipped) but I highly doubt its doing a thing besides looking good.
A roof spoiler probably not something we will do. I am sure yours is doing no harm so, if it looks good I would keep it. Maybe eventually a different rear trunk spoiler? but that would be after the front lip if things go well with it.

Quick Reply: Gauging interest in functional IS-F Carbon Fiber Front Lip