IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Making the move from Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-10, 07:20 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

congrats on the ZR1, fabulous car. Having owned a Porsche myself, enjoy the Corvette and don't look back.
Old 12-30-10, 08:49 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Beautiful Vette and in my FAVORITE COLOR TOO!!!!

More pics of the Vette and IS-F together before you sell the USB please.....

My dad has always been a Vette guy but ironically enough I have never even thought about buying one. Not to go too off topic but we were discussing car widths on another site and someone posted this info which I find fascinating:

NSX width = 71.3 inches

S2000 width = 68.9 inches

RX 7 FD width = 68.9 inches

EVO 7-9 width = 69.7 inches

STi width = 68.5 inches

E46 M3 width = 70.1 inches

E92 M2 width = 71.2 inches

Supra TT width = 71.3 inches ( everyone calls this car fat looking )

lambo murcielago lp640 width 81 inches

lambo gallardo width 74.8 inches

First Gen chevy envoy width 71.4 inches ( as wide as our NSX )

2nd gen MR2 turbo width 66.9 inches

C6 Z06 = 75.9 inches wide

So that makes your Vette as wide as a Lambo
Old 12-30-10, 09:12 PM
LexFather

Great choice congrats!
Old 12-30-10, 09:17 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome car, congrats!

You sure like the "look at me" colors.
Old 12-30-10, 09:36 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the Vette, lol and i like the color.
Old 12-30-10, 09:39 PM
valdeztke
Driver School Candidate

Just got out of my 4th C6 Corvette. Sad that the ZR1 has the same seats as the base car.
Old 12-31-10, 01:31 PM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice Vette, congrats and best of luck with the F sale.
Old 12-31-10, 07:23 PM
Reciprocal
Driver

The fabulous seats in the IS-F are a tough act to follow. The IS-F seating surface is firm and flat, and communicates feedback. The Vette seat is decently appointed, but more of a pillowy cushion for the seating surface. The heater in the Vette seat is faster and warmer. But where the Vette (with 3ZR package) is maybe ahead of the IS-F, is the extensive leather wrap of the dash, instrument panel, arm rests and door panels. There, I feel the IS-F could use an upgrade from the rubbery vinyl materials used. You sit lower in the Vette, and the sills and tunnel are wide, so the seats are narrow. I have a 32 inch waist but I'm fairly squeezed even without prominent hip bolsters. The seatback bolsters are fairly prominent and supportive.

But what else is there to knock? The mags have to pick on something because finally the general is on to something, it's beating virtually all its challengers on the track, from Ferrari to Lamborghini to Porsche, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Audi, Nissan GTR, even the Ford GT and Viper. They have to pick on something because it's undercutting much more expensive supercars that traditionally have owned the lowly Vette, which is doing its work on run flats, even licensing it magnetorheological shocks to Ferrari and others, borrowing carbon ceramic brakes from the Enzo, making extensive use of carbon fiber and thus undercutting its competitors on weight, yet doing it all with lowly pushrod 2 valve and manual transmission simplicity, no exotic mid engine yet nearly 50/50 weight distribution due to ingeniously moving the transmission to the rear, a decent sound system, best in the world GM hvac climate control system, abundant trunk space, easy and relatively cheap to service and insure, it all adds up to GM finally getting a package so right the renowned European automakers have met their match from across the pond, finally. I'll hand it over for your LFA though..

Old 01-01-11, 06:55 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Reciprocal
The fabulous seats in the IS-F are a tough act to follow. The IS-F seating surface is firm and flat, and communicates feedback. The Vette seat is decently appointed, but more of a pillowy cushion for the seating surface. The heater in the Vette seat is faster and warmer. But where the Vette (with 3ZR package) is maybe ahead of the IS-F, is the extensive leather wrap of the dash, instrument panel, arm rests and door panels. There, I feel the IS-F could use an upgrade from the rubbery vinyl materials used. You sit lower in the Vette, and the sills and tunnel are wide, so the seats are narrow. I have a 32 inch waist but I'm fairly squeezed even without prominent hip bolsters. The seatback bolsters are fairly prominent and supportive.

But what else is there to knock? The mags have to pick on something because finally the general is on to something, it's beating virtually all its challengers on the track, from Ferrari to Lamborghini to Porsche, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Audi, Nissan GTR, even the Ford GT and Viper. They have to pick on something because it's undercutting much more expensive supercars that traditionally have owned the lowly Vette, which is doing its work on run flats, even licensing it magnetorheological shocks to Ferrari and others, borrowing carbon ceramic brakes from the Enzo, making extensive use of carbon fiber and thus undercutting its competitors on weight, yet doing it all with lowly pushrod 2 valve and manual transmission simplicity, no exotic mid engine yet nearly 50/50 weight distribution due to ingeniously moving the transmission to the rear, a decent sound system, best in the world GM hvac climate control system, abundant trunk space, easy and relatively cheap to service and insure, it all adds up to GM finally getting a package so right the renowned European automakers have met their match from across the pond, finally. I'll hand it over for your LFA though..

As the GREAT Jermey Clarkson would say... "I just had a crisis!"
Old 01-01-11, 08:32 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That is one SEXXXY Vette! I can only imagine how fast and fun it must be

enjoy in good health
rick