Proud New Owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-11, 09:29 AM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Proud New Owner-Now with Mods!

08' Starfire Pearl IS-F is now mine.

I have so many questions I don’t know where to start!

I’ve been on this site for a month now and I’m elated by the very mature attitude here. I should expect as much, but it’s refreshing nonetheless.

The car didn’t come with an owner’s manual or extra key fob. I looked on ebay and saw the manuals were going for $80+ I did get all the floor mats, spare and trunk tools. The car is overall in great shape, no wheel curbs or anything. Front tires are brand new. Shifts like a beast! 10 quarts of oil, is nuts, i bought two jugs of Mobil. I will do my first oil change shortly.

Is there an owner’s manual or shop manual PDF scan somewhere online that anyone knows of?

The fob key fits in by the license plate, and the glove box but anywhere else?

What fuse gives power to the memory seats and the front cig lighter? I’ve checked them all and they seem fine, but neither work still. Center console cig lighter works though.

Thank you,

Christian

Last edited by Dv8tion388; 03-07-11 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-17-11, 09:45 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Congrats! Star Fire Pearl is the fastest color.
key fits in the drivers door but you must first remove a protective cover from the handle, look underneath the handle and you will see a small access point to pop off the cover.
I don't know where the fuse is for the seats and cig lighter.
How did you find the car? Seems odd that those would be missing and not working correctly for a car that is still "new" and under warranty. Auction?
Old 01-17-11, 09:52 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

no pdf files online
also, where are you located?
I might have an extra service manual, gotta find it...

btw...welcome to the club...
Old 01-17-11, 11:11 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Welcome! Hey your pic links don't work.
Old 01-17-11, 12:47 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Welcome! Cant see pics tho
Old 01-17-11, 01:47 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on your new F! Great color too.
Old 01-17-11, 02:48 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,021 Likes on 2,436 Posts

The fuse for the cigarette lighter is underneath the glove box on the right hand side with a small white plastic cover. The fuses for the center console power outlet and the cigarette lighter are in the center row 2nd and 3rd spots from the front of the fuse box. Putting a fuse in the first spot will do nothing. AMHIK. It is not possible to have a failure upstream of these two fuses and have only one of them working. They are both powered from the same source.

The memory seat function gets its power somewhere entirely different. I have not had to troubleshoot them so I'm not familiar with where the fuse(s) might be.
Old 01-17-11, 05:52 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Welcome to the club, and congrats on your F! Hopefully the answer to the memory seat function will arise soon. I remember having a similar problem when I first got my F, but the dealer fixed it with no charge as part of the six month check-up. Enjoy your new ride!
Old 01-17-11, 05:55 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

welcome to the club and enjoy the new F.
Old 01-17-11, 06:39 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, take it to the dealer for warranty work, shouldn't even think twice. As for manuals, I always see many on ebay. Welcome.
Old 01-18-11, 09:13 AM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you all for the gracious welcome. Ditched the G35 and made the move. Big deal for me to achieve a car like this @ 30 on my own.

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
Congrats! Star Fire Pearl is the fastest color.
key fits in the drivers door but you must first remove a protective cover from the handle, look underneath the handle and you will see a small access point to pop off the cover.
I don't know where the fuse is for the seats and cig lighter.
How did you find the car? Seems odd that those would be missing and not working correctly for a car that is still "new" and under warranty. Auction?
Found the key hole, thanks! Its still under factory warranty.

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
The fuse for the cigarette lighter is underneath the glove box on the right hand side with a small white plastic cover. The fuses for the center console power outlet and the cigarette lighter are in the center row 2nd and 3rd spots from the front of the fuse box. Putting a fuse in the first spot will do nothing. AMHIK. It is not possible to have a failure upstream of these two fuses and have only one of them working. They are both powered from the same source.

The memory seat function gets its power somewhere entirely different. I have not had to troubleshoot them so I'm not familiar with where the fuse(s) might be.
Thank you, I found it and it was burnt. I replaced it and its been working great.
Now I need to still sort out the memory seats. Where are those fuses located. The buttons dont beep on eitherside. I pulled many fuses, but havnt found any others burnt. I didnt know about that fuse panel under the glove compartment though.

Looks like i'll be contacting my local dealership.

Thanks!
Old 01-18-11, 11:52 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Dv8tion388

Thank you, I found it and it was burnt. I replaced it and its been working great.
Now I need to still sort out the memory seats. Where are those fuses located. The buttons dont beep on eitherside. I pulled many fuses, but havnt found any others burnt. I didnt know about that fuse panel under the glove compartment though.

Thanks!
It took me awhile to figure out that the seat memory only works/responds if the car is in park. FYI
Old 01-18-11, 05:07 PM
ACEtheOG
Rookie

Thank you all for the gracious welcome. Ditched the G35 and made the move. Big deal for me to achieve a car like this @ 30 on my own.
Welcome and congrats! I get that feeling every morning when I fire her up!
Old 01-18-11, 06:15 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,021 Likes on 2,436 Posts

Found the key hole, thanks! Its still under factory warranty.

Thanks!
This car doesn't work the way you might expect. Those switches communicate with the Body Electrical Area Network (BEAN) and they send a multiplexed signal over the BEAN. They do not directly control the seat motors. If the seats will adjust there is power, but if the presets don't work, I'd be looking behind the door panel to see if the switches are plugged in.

There's a lot of electronic control in this car enabled by a network and not by direct (simple) wiring. I looked at the schematic, and if you were missing power to make the switches work, there would be a LOT of things not working.
Old 01-18-11, 07:25 PM
mls08
Driver School Candidate

could it be that the memory seats are not programmed for anything ? that could be why nothing happens when you push the button. try setting one of the presets while in Park and see if that makes a difference. it seemed to work on mine!

Quick Reply: Proud New Owner