IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Eibachs installed + review for Group2 Motorsports Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-11, 04:25 PM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eibachs installed + review for Group2 Motorsports Seattle

I never really liked how high the front of the stock ISF was. Yesterday I had a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs installed on my car. The effect is subtle but makes the car look so much better.

I had the springs installed at Group2 Motorsports in West Seattle. At first, I hesitated going to them because they focus on Europeans, especially Alfa Romeos. However, I was recommended to them by a fellow ISF owner on this board. I couldn't be happier with the work they did. Ben, who worked on the install, was excellent and very knowledgeable. He was very open with information during the install; I was free to peruse the shop and ask questions. The guys at Group 2 are true suspension experts and car enthusiasts, and it definitely shows through their work.

One thing I had Group2 do was to wrap the dead coil on the Eibachs with heavy duty shrink wrap. That way, they'll go longer before the paint wears off and I get squeaks from metal-to-metal contact.

I'm very happy with the results. First off, I feel an improvement in ride comfort. The ride is less choppy than with the OEM springs, and going over speed bumps and over imperfections in the road is much more bearable now. I'm sure the comfort level is not quite that of the Teins, but I really didn't want to go that low. The 0.7"F / 0.3"R drop for me was a perfect compromise. I didn't want the 1.0" drop in the front from the Teins because I still wanted to be streetable and also wanted to prolong the life of the OEM shocks. There is still wheel gap up front with the Eibachs, but it doesn't have the 4x4 look of the OEM setup. In my opinion, this is the ride height the ISF should have had from the factory.

Anyway, here are some pics I took from the shop and some glamour shots from today. I forgot to bring my cam to Group2, so you'll have to excuse the crappy pics.

Last edited by mugenh22a4; 01-22-11 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-22-11, 05:57 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

If you can, I'd like to see some pictures taken again in a few months after the springs have settled. To me the TEins are too low and the Eibachs seem too low in the rear and not enough in the front. Personally I would like to keep the rear stock height but lower the front to match the rear gap. I guess the only way to get that will be coilovers.
Old 01-22-11, 06:17 PM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good. SGM IS-F's are so sexy.
Old 01-22-11, 08:48 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Damn the ISF Is such a sexy car stock... Your right about the ride height.. thats one thing Lexus IMO never gets right.. their cars tend to be so high even the performance versions.

Did you paint the rims ? Some dark tints would set off the look of you car.
Old 01-22-11, 08:50 PM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by caymandive
If you can, I'd like to see some pictures taken again in a few months after the springs have settled. To me the TEins are too low and the Eibachs seem too low in the rear and not enough in the front. Personally I would like to keep the rear stock height but lower the front to match the rear gap. I guess the only way to get that will be coilovers.
Sure thing, I'll do another amateur photoshoot after they've settled. I thought about putting on Eibachs just in the front, but I didn't want the car to look like it was too slanted forward. Here's a pic I found on this forum of an ISF with only Eibachs in the front....The wheel gap is more consistent between the front and the rear.

I think my brain and eyes work a little different. I don't necessarily compare the wheels gaps between the front and rear. I look at the car as a whole. To me, a car that's dropped only in the front just looks off balance.

Anyway....

Old 01-22-11, 08:52 PM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
Damn the ISF Is such a sexy car stock... Your right about the ride height.. thats one thing Lexus IMO never gets right.. their cars tend to be so high even the performance versions.

Did you paint the rims ? Some dark tints would set off the look of you car.
No, I've always wondered why my OEM wheels are so dark....Mine's like a SGM finish, while other ISF wheels I've seen are more like a semi-gloss gunmetal.
Old 01-23-11, 06:47 AM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
I put the Teins only in front as I think the stock rear ride height is fine the way it is.
Old 01-23-11, 07:30 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Autobacs
I put the Teins only in front as I think the stock rear ride height is fine the way it is.
Can you post a pic of your setup?
Old 01-23-11, 12:13 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Congrats on the springs. I like the darker colored rims better than our gunmetal ones...lol
Old 01-24-11, 06:50 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

And just a note for people planning to lower their cars....I had the shop reposition the rear AFS bracket so that the AFS light doesn't come on. I did some quick geometry in the shop and had the tech mount the rear AFS arm .15" LOWER on the slider bracket.

NO AFS light
Old 01-24-11, 11:00 PM
jr306
Driver School Candidate

I have Teins in the front and Eibachs in the rear. The Eibachs went on first, but I was never satifsfied with the front gap. So about six months afterwards I changed out the front springs for the Teins. The look is perfect now and the ride is less harsh also due to the Teins being softer. The only other way to get the look I have now was with coilovers, but I didnt want the problems that sometimes result from them. I post pics in the coming week when my new wheels arrive.
Old 01-26-11, 06:08 AM
NERD42
Driver

I have installed the Eibach's also. I love them car handles great!
Old 01-26-11, 06:40 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mugenh22a4
No, I've always wondered why my OEM wheels are so dark....Mine's like a SGM finish, while other ISF wheels I've seen are more like a semi-gloss gunmetal.
FWIW, I think it looks bad-***. It may just be the way it looks with your car's color compared to the USB, SFP, MR, etc. I think it gives it a stealthier, more aggressive look.
Old 06-06-24, 10:48 AM
Nvasion19
6th Gear

Upl

uploading some photos incase some people need it for future references. Eibach installed on 2011 struts front and back.