IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Install and Dyno at JE Import Performance

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-11, 03:37 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great numbers congrats, and you have more to look fwd to!
Old 02-11-11, 03:45 PM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much does labor + parts cost.
Old 02-11-11, 05:45 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Epic win. Good things ahead for East Coast ISF owners!

JE - did we meet on Wednesday at the Motortrend show?
Old 02-11-11, 08:10 PM
jfb92sc300
Driver School Candidate

Great "FAST" build thread James. Must say that I was lucky to be in the shop today for the results. Superb work as usual, this car is really nice and sounds fantastic, you have one very happy owner, on a long drive home.
With your expertise and the guys you have working for you I think you have the best shop on the east coast.
Old 02-11-11, 09:20 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Wow, that is impressive! I would schedule an install but I'm all the way on the west coast! Lucky east coasters.
Old 02-12-11, 04:06 AM
MRISF
Pole Position

I wonder how the ride home was?
Old 02-12-11, 06:07 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Hello everyone, I want to start with giving a giant thank you to James and his crew at JE. This was probably the fastest, smoothest performance install I have ever had and with WOW results at the end. After my long drive the first thing that comes to mind is "What a sound track...Hitting the start up button turns on a symphony! WOT sounds so clean, deep, rumbling monster!!! Idle purrs like a kitten... no, a panther on steroids and cruising speeds are almost silent with no drone at all... 70-80 mph with cruise control on you can barley tell it has an exhaust. You can enjoy conversation, use bluetooth freely hear the stereo no problem, then you give it some gas and it changes everything. I truly feel that this is the best exhaust combination you can have on an IS-F at this time.. Growls when it means business, quite when you're tired and don't want a headache, 59 whp speaks for itself and it will pass VT state inspection all day... Again Thank you JE and to all of you thinking about doing header/exhaust installs i wouldnt call anywhere else, 650 miles later and no CEL, rattles or leaks.... just a supercar!!
Old 02-12-11, 06:13 AM
rhy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's excellent, congratulations!

How did you decide on the RT high flow cats, was there a choice? I'm wondering what cat options are out there with this setup, especially when the car needs to pass emissions.
Old 02-12-11, 06:27 AM
darbs242
Racer

Originally Posted by rhy
That's excellent, congratulations!

How did you decide on the RT high flow cats, was there a choice? I'm wondering what cat options are out there with this setup, especially when the car needs to pass emissions.
James selected the cats, there was not an option, they installed the size that would work the best and random technology makes nice products it would be my only choice for aftermarket cats anyway. These are the same cats that are in Caymandriver's car, they are working perfectly for both of us and we dont mess with things that work perfectly
Old 02-12-11, 07:00 AM
darbs242
Racer

Originally Posted by Dv8tion388
Excellent way to prove worth of every part and person involved.

So is the aftermarket intake now paying off or would the stock intake still be sufficient in terms of little to be gained?

421 whp is some serious daily power, should we assume it has that much or just that dynapacks read high with they usually do. I know in this case it was to determine a gain. 500 flywheel hp; this Lexo should be running 11's all day.

Lastly what was the total bill including install?

~Dv8
James said he thinks the Injen intake is helping... we put my dyno over another customer with Joe z intake and i had a touch more up top and a smoother tq curve, we dont know how how big of a difference in hp over stock because I didnt bring my stock air box..
No need to assume hp.. im getting on a dynojet (rollers) before and after the intake manifold install

Last edited by darbs242; 02-12-11 at 07:09 AM.
Old 02-12-11, 07:03 AM
darbs242
Racer

Originally Posted by LexISguy
Great numbers so far the highest whp numbers to date. Im sure close or if not 500bhp. I wonder if the numbers would be less if the intake was a JoeZ?
I dont think im the highest HP to date... Splats car did 430 with its N/A build and the Beast from the middle east did about the same.. The only difference is they have/had ported intake manifold so we will see soon when my car gets its in a week or two

Last edited by darbs242; 02-12-11 at 07:11 AM.
Old 02-12-11, 07:10 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by darbs242
I dont think im the highest HP to date... Splats car did 430 with its N/A build and the Beast for the middle east did about the same.. The only difference is they have/had ported intake manifold so we will see soon when my car gets its in a week or two
Don't be surprised if your dynojet hp numbers are lower than your dynapack ones. Based on my experience the dynojet runs lower on the hp numbers but higher on the tq number. Then again it could just be the dynojet I use because several people say it's an ego killer. Anyway, it's consistency that matters so as long as you get a good baseline run on the dynojet you should be able to see what kind of gains you are getting from the manifold. Good luck.
Old 02-12-11, 07:11 AM
darbs242
Racer

Originally Posted by MiiK350
How much does labor + parts cost.
Everything all said and done be ready to drop 5k
Old 02-12-11, 07:23 AM
darbs242
Racer

Originally Posted by caymandive
Don't be surprised if your dynojet hp numbers are lower than your dynapack ones. Based on my experience the dynojet runs lower on the hp numbers but higher on the tq number. Then again it could just be the dynojet I use because several people say it's an ego killer. Anyway, it's consistency that matters so as long as you get a good baseline run on the dynojet you should be able to see what kind of gains you are getting from the manifold. Good luck.
Yea i was kinda planing on that... im gonna take my gain between dynojet baseline and after and add it to my dynopack numbers just so everyone can see a good reference
Old 02-13-11, 02:56 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by darbs242
I dont think im the highest HP to date... Splats car did 430 with its N/A build and the Beast from the middle east did about the same.. The only difference is they have/had ported intake manifold so we will see soon when my car gets its in a week or two
Who is doing your ported intake manifold? Elite?

Quick Reply: Install and Dyno at JE Import Performance