Used ISF or new IS350

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-11, 04:03 PM
00LexusGS3
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Default Used ISF or new IS350

Hey Guys,

Still shoppin for a car obvisiously and i just need help again with the car dilemna.(Im buyin a Lexus no matter what now...)
As stated above, would you guys buy a used 08-09 ISF or 11 IS350?

I love the ISF but i have this feeling that if i buy a used ISF, the person who owned it before me most likely drove it pretty hard and if they drive like me then they really wouldve drove the crap outta the car...
If I buy a new IS350 then i know that it wasnt abused or anything...coming straight off the lot without being owned by anyone else.

My range is 40k. so the used ISF's come into my range...Id be really happy if i could get the F since there is only 1 F ive seen by where I live and i know the son (his dad owns the car)...he goes to school with me

BTW how is the cost of maintenance of both cars compared to eachother? are they about the same or is the F more?

Thanks, much appreciated
Old 02-16-11, 04:16 PM
69Stang
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're going to be happy with a 13 second car buy the is350, if you want to modify there is a lot more selection for the isf. You can still buy an extended warranty if needed so I wouldn't worry about if an isf was driven hard. These cars are pretty maintenance free, bigger brake parts etc would add extra cost for the isf.

I currently have an is350 and will be upgrading to a isf in a few months as I have a need for speed.

Good luck and hope this helps
Old 02-16-11, 04:17 PM
clifftrail
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the F. If you don't you will just be disappointed down the road. iSFs are built to driven and will last so don't be afraid of previous owners. I'd recommend having it looked over by a certified mechanic prior to purchase if you don't buy from Lexus and there shouldn't be an issue.

There are other threads about ms costs so just search a little. GL.
Old 02-16-11, 04:29 PM
00LexusGS3
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 69Stang
If you're going to be happy with a 13 second car buy the is350, if you want to modify there is a lot more selection for the isf. You can still buy an extended warranty if needed so I wouldn't worry about if an isf was driven hard. These cars are pretty maintenance free, bigger brake parts etc would add extra cost for the isf.

I currently have an is350 and will be upgrading to a isf in a few months as I have a need for speed.

Good luck and hope this helps
yea i think im leaning towards the F as i have the need for speed also..
Old 02-16-11, 04:30 PM
00LexusGS3
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by clifftrail
Get the F. If you don't you will just be disappointed down the road. iSFs are built to driven and will last so don't be afraid of previous owners. I'd recommend having it looked over by a certified mechanic prior to purchase if you don't buy from Lexus and there shouldn't be an issue.

There are other threads about ms costs so just search a little. GL.
i saw the maintenance thread but didnt look into it much as i didnt think of getting an ISF until i started to look into the F thread...hopefully during the summer i can hop into an F
Old 02-16-11, 04:56 PM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Tough choice. You want the faster car in the but want that new car feeling with a new warranty in the 350. I started out looking at used F's and there are some nice low mileage ones out there but ended up getting new. Maybe you can find a CPO IS-F and get an extended warranty. With a new 350 you could end up with buyers remorse
Old 02-16-11, 05:02 PM
00LexusGS3
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by DHRP
Tough choice. You want the faster car in the but want that new car feeling with a new warranty in the 350. I started out looking at used F's and there are some nice low mileage ones out there but ended up getting new. Maybe you can find a CPO IS-F and get an extended warranty. With a new 350 you could end up with buyers remorse
lol thats what im afraid of...i hate buying things then regretting it or never really bein truly satisfied...I wish i could have ur car but im not tryin to say anything but i prefer the 08-10 gauages...no offense but they just semed nicer to me...i shouldnt be talkin lol
Old 02-16-11, 05:10 PM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I was in this exact same position last September when I was looking for car. I knew I wanted an IS and I was looking at the 350. Test drove a new one but had also seen they had a cerified IS-F for sale. I test drove the IS-F and that pretty much sealed the deal. I mean I did think it over for a couple of days because of the slight increase maintenance costs. I definitely wanted a car with a warranty so I was glad it was a certified one. I also extended the factory warrarnty to 5years 125k miles since I plan to drive the crap out of it for at least that many miles. Go with the F you won't be dissapointed.
Old 02-16-11, 05:21 PM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Not sure where your located but I know Bobby Rahal Lexus in Mechanicsburg, PA has a CPO IS-F 08 Black on Black with only 9k miles on it. I think they have it listed for only a few over 40k.
Old 02-16-11, 05:26 PM
felixdang
Driver

To me I just like new.. and 300 horses is more then enough power To satisfy myself.. So I would go new, just my .02 cents
Old 02-16-11, 05:57 PM
00LexusGS3
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by WReuroR
Not sure where your located but I know Bobby Rahal Lexus in Mechanicsburg, PA has a CPO IS-F 08 Black on Black with only 9k miles on it. I think they have it listed for only a few over 40k.
im in IN...thats the exact color i want too. Obsidian with black interior with ML/Nav/Back-up Cam...All the goodies
Ill prolly be looking for one around the Chicago to Indianpolis area
Old 02-16-11, 05:58 PM
00LexusGS3
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by felixdang
To me I just like new.. and 300 horses is more then enough power To satisfy myself.. So I would go new, just my .02 cents
i like new too but i am also need for speed
Old 02-16-11, 05:58 PM
SCCAForums
Driver

Used IS-F... HANDS DOWN!!!
Old 02-16-11, 06:07 PM
IS350atWOT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I always buy new so I know for sure how the car has been maintained. Plus I have allergies and cannot own a car that has been smoked in. I have to know 100% that it hasn't been smoked in. Sometimes dealers cover that up and you don't really know. I'd buy the new 350 and F-Sport it out. The 350 is still a very fast car. If I remember correctly, the 350 is only around a half second behind the F. Plus, you'll have air conditioned seats
Old 02-16-11, 06:14 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm over wanting/needing a brand new car having owned more than a few of them.

The (right) used car makes a lot more sense.

Used IS-F hands down for me.

Quick Reply: Used ISF or new IS350