IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Will IS-F beat a GTR?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-11, 03:09 PM
magneti
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
Two of my favourite lines from that movie.

OP: To continue with the Bad Santa Lines...."wish in one hand **** in the other see which one fills up first"
i watch that movie every fall when it rolls around on comedy channel. the unedited version comes on after midnight which is even funnier. I should just buy it.

Candy corn?
Well they cant all be winners kid

You got some lip on you, midget.

Yeah? Well those lips were on your wife's xxxxx last night. Why don't you dust that thing off once in a while?
Old 02-22-11, 03:26 PM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

a built EK9 beating a gtr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeJod5TxVag
ISF with some FI will def eat a GTR alive
though if the gtr doesnt stay stock then it's another story
Old 02-22-11, 04:10 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

I've hit 27 and 29 mpg at an avg of 80 mph with all my mods hwy and my average city is 20 mpg.

The ISF is a great car, I've had it for a year so far and I've loved every minute of it but I find myself wanting to trade it in for the GTR when I finish paying my ISF off this year. I don't mind the harsher ride (its not like the 08's are all that far off in ride quality) I could care less about gas prices and insurance is only $3 more a month than for my ISF for the same 500k, rental, glass, coverage.

I love the ISF and when I get a family I'll probably buy another one, but while I'm single I might as well go for the GTR, its been my dream car for ages.
Old 02-22-11, 08:21 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Almost 2 years ago I visited the local Nissan dealer thinking about trading in my ISF for a GTR. I'm not a kid anymore, so I actually care about interior materials, amenities, etc. The GTR is a nice and fast car, but the ISF is far better in terms of quality and finish. I have all options on my ISF, so I felt like downgrading if I decided to go with the GTR. At that time I realized that my next car will be either a Maserati or an Aston Martin.

Back to ISF vs. GTR, everything is possible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qQooquZRyg
Old 02-22-11, 08:32 PM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

^^^
Nice find!!
Old 02-22-11, 09:31 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

The AM V8 vantage was on my list too but I have a feeling it will be too slow and I'll get bored. It is by far the sexiest thing out there though. Now if I could afford the V12 I wouldn't have any doubts.

As a funny side note I'm also considering picking up a 6.2L ford raptor On the side just for something different.
Old 02-22-11, 09:35 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Interesting thread, somebody put enough into an ISF to match a MSRP GTR and see what happens.

Last edited by G Star; 02-22-11 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-22-11, 11:00 PM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Juanca
Almost 2 years ago I visited the local Nissan dealer thinking about trading in my ISF for a GTR. I'm not a kid anymore, so I actually care about interior materials, amenities, etc. The GTR is a nice and fast car, but the ISF is far better in terms of quality and finish. I have all options on my ISF, so I felt like downgrading if I decided to go with the GTR. At that time I realized that my next car will be either a Maserati or an Aston Martin.

Back to ISF vs. GTR, everything is possible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qQooquZRyg

Great video!
However thats video is playing to one of the only weaknesses of the GTR.
Its all about the way it launches-the first 100ft. The GTR's gearing is all about the 0-100mph over 101-190.
I say if that was a straight up drag race, it wouldnt matter how much nitrous is being squeezed into the IS-F, it would lose. Im sure the GTR is probably stock or close to it too.
Fun nonetheless.

~Dv8
Old 02-23-11, 02:53 AM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wanna add some nitrous to my car after i get headers n exhaust...but i heard its like 2g's +
Old 02-23-11, 05:32 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350atWOT
But I have a buddy with one and he keeps talking about how nobody can beat him.
Beat him? Of course, there are many drivers who can beat him, using much lesser "tools". Tell him to take it to a local AutoX, or some equivalent, and test his ability, driver for driver, if he is confident. It's a humbling experience.

As to highway running? It doesn't match up on paper, but I'm certain a police interceptor would catch him. In fact, about 2 months ago, I saw a GTR pulled over, who probably couldn't manage the feat, himself.
Old 02-23-11, 05:38 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi-X
Beat him? Of course, there are many drivers who can beat him, using much lesser "tools". Tell him to take it to a local AutoX, or some equivalent, and test his ability, driver for driver, if he is confident. It's a humbling experience.

As to highway running? It doesn't match up on paper, but I'm certain a police interceptor would catch him. In fact, about 2 months ago, I saw a GTR pulled over, who probably couldn't manage the feat, himself.
So what if a GTR was pulled over, if you were driving the GTR would you run from the cops? Doesn't matter how fast your car is it would be stupid to run from cops, can't outrun the radio. I'm 100% sure my SC could outrun any police interceptor, mustang, camaro and maybe the non sport bikes but I will never run from the cops too much to loose.
Old 02-23-11, 05:53 AM
X20A
Rookie

Originally Posted by infinus
I've hit 27 and 29 mpg at an avg of 80 mph with all my mods hwy and my average city is 20 mpg.

The ISF is a great car, I've had it for a year so far and I've loved every minute of it but I find myself wanting to trade it in for the GTR when I finish paying my ISF off this year. I don't mind the harsher ride (its not like the 08's are all that far off in ride quality) I could care less about gas prices and insurance is only $3 more a month than for my ISF for the same 500k, rental, glass, coverage.

I love the ISF and when I get a family I'll probably buy another one, but while I'm single I might as well go for the GTR, its been my dream car for ages.
+1! This is actually something I've pondered as well. Especially with the release of the 2012 GT-R, what it offers at this price range is just SO hard to resist! Apparently, the interior has been improved as well with better materials, so the feel is more high quality.

0-60 in 2.9 seconds....
Old 02-23-11, 06:11 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by infinus
Damn not to get off topic but 27 to 27 highway and 20 in the city. I get like 23 to 25 hwy and like 16 to 18 city. How do you get the mileage?
Old 02-23-11, 06:23 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

I don't have problems with GTR's. They actually need more power just to keep up. On my phone so I won't post it, but there is a video of me racing a 580whp(mustang dyno ) that ran low 10s .
Old 02-23-11, 06:47 AM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
So what if a GTR was pulled over, if you were driving the GTR would you run from the cops? Doesn't matter how fast your car is it would be stupid to run from cops, can't outrun the radio. I'm 100% sure my SC could outrun any police interceptor, mustang, camaro and maybe the non sport bikes but I will never run from the cops too much to loose.
You only have to watch Wildest Police videos to see what happens when you run from the cops - like the idiot that ran a stop sign and got broadsided by a semi.

Quick Reply: Will IS-F beat a GTR?