IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Will IS-F beat a GTR?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-11, 07:43 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
So what if a GTR was pulled over, if you were driving the GTR would you run from the cops?
It was a joke, hence the smilie.

However, the former part of my post was 100% serious. Making big horsepower and running people on the highway is fairly trivial. We had a 730rwhp 5.0 mustang around here that would easily put many to shame, for decent hp/$. While it was impressive, I've also seen good drivers in a stock 98 Neon outrun Porsches on a course. Claiming to be unbeatable in any car, using only the highway to qualify the claim, doesn't say much.
Old 02-23-11, 08:07 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WReuroR
Damn not to get off topic but 27 to 27 highway and 20 in the city. I get like 23 to 25 hwy and like 16 to 18 city. How do you get the mileage?
I bet he's reading from the on board computer, which always reports high.
Old 02-23-11, 09:17 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On the video above, not a stock GTR. Check out his videos, mods are midpipe, downpipe, and HP Logic tune. The ISF is MrSlay: JoeZ intake, removed 2nd. cats and mufflers from the stock exhaust, and 125 shot NOS. Nowhere near the MSRP of a stock GTR, the NOS might be around $1,500, the rest not even $350.

Here is another video, the same GTR against a modded C6Z06, not a slow GTR at all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJtL9yY06hA
Old 02-23-11, 10:59 AM
infinus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WReuroR
Damn not to get off topic but 27 to 27 highway and 20 in the city. I get like 23 to 25 hwy and like 16 to 18 city. How do you get the mileage?
Originally Posted by mugenh22a4
No I don't I always reset my trip meter at every fill and at the next fill I divide the number of miles I've traveled by the number of gallons I fill up. Now granted az is very flat, and on my commute to work I have no traffic and very few lights so that probably accounts for most of my high results.
Old 02-23-11, 12:17 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,998 Likes on 2,422 Posts

Originally Posted by mugenh22a4
I call shenanigans. It reads both high and low depending on a lot of things. It is NOT consistently high or consistently low.
Old 02-23-11, 12:20 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 96817isf
i wanna add some nitrous to my car after i get headers n exhaust...but i heard its like 2g's +
headers + exhaust is more like 3-4g's+
Old 02-23-11, 02:13 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

A FI IS-F could beat a Stock GT-R from a roll but from dead stop with out drag radials no way...and of course road racing no chance...it will be all over the place...
Old 02-23-11, 05:30 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
A FI IS-F could beat a Stock GT-R from a roll but from dead stop with out drag radials no way...and of course road racing no chance...it will be all over the place...
A bolt-on isf can beat a stock gt-r from a roll. I love how everyone thinks GTR is faster on the street than it actually is. A stock GTR is nothing special on the highway.

I wouldnt compare the two on a road coarse because only the GTR is a dedicated sports car. Its like me comparing the cars on a trip to the grocery store with your kids.... At the end of the day i think its kinda cool that a 4 door lexus grocery getter can beat a dedicated sports car thats considerably more expensive.

On a side note... When i get the car dialed in on the new setup the times will hopefully be close to those of GTRs with similar HP. On boost ill be able to get off the line easier and actually run at full potential at the strip.
Old 02-23-11, 09:34 PM
B D HEMI
Rookie

Talking gtr

do a simple tune on a CTS-V caddy and it will actually take a stock gtr .
Buy a ZR-1 vette and it's bye , bye to the gtr !
Old 02-23-11, 09:44 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
A bolt-on isf can beat a stock gt-r from a roll. I love how everyone thinks GTR is faster on the street than it actually is. A stock GTR is nothing special on the highway.

I wouldnt compare the two on a road coarse because only the GTR is a dedicated sports car. Its like me comparing the cars on a trip to the grocery store with your kids.... At the end of the day i think its kinda cool that a 4 door lexus grocery getter can beat a dedicated sports car thats considerably more expensive.

On a side note... When i get the car dialed in on the new setup the times will hopefully be close to those of GTRs with similar HP. On boost ill be able to get off the line easier and actually run at full potential at the strip.
the 2012 gt-r's are faster now...0-60 in 2.9s or less...but they have about 45 more hp than the previous gt-r's...The IS-F was designed for racing on a road course and daily driving...I think the GT-R's are also designed for both but Nissan has been in the game longer for racing with their previous GT-R models...
Old 02-24-11, 08:46 AM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx

Do you plan on having a cage fabbed? Otherwise what tracks going to let you do more than one pass before kicking you out?

~Dv8
Old 02-24-11, 08:51 AM
LexFather

I'm sorry but unless the GT-R is running bad or you sprinkled some magic pixie dust in the IS F the GT-R will eat it every time. The 2012 GT-R is even faster while the IS F has no power upgrades.

Apples to Oranges.
Old 02-24-11, 08:56 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by B D HEMI
do a simple tune on a CTS-V caddy and it will actually take a stock gtr .
Buy a ZR-1 vette and it's bye , bye to the gtr !
And take the extra money you will spend on buying ZR-1 and buy a stock GT-R and mod it, not exactly bye bye:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uORyZI1VdU
Old 02-24-11, 09:16 AM
spekterg35
Rookie

Or buy a stock z06 for 20G less than the GTR and walk it. Or buy a 4G civic and put 25G into it and smoke everything. Or buy a panda, hop him up on coke and let him eat the GTR.
Old 02-24-11, 09:19 AM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spekterg35
Or buy a stock z06 for 20G less than the GTR and walk it. Or buy a 4G civic and put 25G into it and smoke everything. Or buy a panda, hop him up on coke and let him eat the GTR.
LMAO!! TRUE on the civic haha. I have a 02 si that runs 10's but 25gs under the hood all day long.....

Quick Reply: Will IS-F beat a GTR?