IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F exhaust on a IS350?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-11, 01:18 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,018 Likes on 2,434 Posts

^ Trust me, Dave isn't doing this. He's asking for someone else. Dave's also not worried about someone else's resale value. Dave was on the short list in Japan for an LFA...

Silly analogies involving life threatening acts are also equally out of place. Hacking up an exhaust isn't life threatening. It may not be prudent, but it also might do exactly what the guy wants and be the easiest path forward.

Let's stop making assumptions about the intent or the prudence of this. If someone has constructive help, let's hear it. If not, let's keep the peanut gallery banter to a minimum.
Old 02-25-11, 01:22 PM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
^ Trust me, Dave isn't doing this. He's asking for someone else. Dave's also not worried about someone else's resale value. Dave was on the short list in Japan for an LFA...

Silly analogies involving life threatening acts are also equally out of place. Hacking up an exhaust isn't life threatening. It may not be prudent, but it also might do exactly what the guy wants and be the easiest path forward.

Let's stop making assumptions about the intent or the prudence of this. If someone has constructive help, let's hear it. If not, let's keep the peanut gallery banter to a minimum.
Woah. The serious police just showed up.

I know that he wasn't doing it to HIS car since he would be the one selling his exhaust.

Ok so here's my constructive help. Check the original OEM parts numbers for both the IS350s exhaust and the IS-F's exhaust. If they have matching pieces between the cats and the axle back then it will be reflected. New hangars would have to be welded as well as a new bumper to port the exhaust flow.

There. /Thread.
Old 02-25-11, 02:39 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

^^ They don't have matching pieces... which I already stated in post #2.. LoL

The rear hanger brackets are held in by bolts.. So no welding required on that aspect

Joe Z
Old 02-25-11, 05:45 PM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^ They don't have matching pieces... which I already stated in post #2.. LoL

The rear hanger brackets are held in by bolts.. So no welding required on that aspect

Joe Z
Boom. /thread after joe's first post! LOL
Old 02-26-11, 05:22 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fapout
All kiding aside, you presonally Dave, what are you going to do when you go to sell the car? The chances are that the next person that buys your car will probably not care what kind of aftermarket exhaust you have on there or what it costs new or used. So unless you sell your stock IS-F exhaust for exactly what you pay for your after market exhaust then you're losing money.

I store all of my parts... My thinking is that I won't get anything for my aftermarket parts if they're on the car when I sell it. You have to think in the long run. Do what you want but the guy who buys it is going to feel really stupid when he has an exhaust with no polished tips and ends short of the bumpers.
If I have to get a new OEM exhaust when selling the car, it won't bother me. The guy is a friend and I was going to sell it to him for $150. (he wouldn't let me give it to him, he felt bad)

Originally Posted by darbs242
If you're going to change your exhaust buy Joe's exhaust and be happy don't hack up your nice Lexus broke civic kid style
I had one custom made here by a well know performance exhaust brand. They are pretty heavily into racing.

Originally Posted by lobuxracer

Thanks Lobux, and you are right, it is not for me.