IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Twin Turbo ISF - Again

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-11, 07:52 PM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jls343
Hey thanks guys for all of your input. I only have a few minutes to reply. On a date and she doesn't understand why I have to reply on my phone. Obviosly not a keeper. Anyway, the car was built and tuned by split second performance. Components supplied by Turbochargers.com. It seems to run rich down low and will occasionally hesitate and just run like crap for a few seconds and then clean out and run fine. Before buying the car I researched plenty. I would consider myself a fair mechanic and have build my share of hotrods but have no experience with turbo systems. Anyway, when I bought it, I planned on removing the system and putting on a JoeZ exhaust and intake unless this system was flawless. No motor pulling or anythingike that. The piggyback ems is spliced in with ten wires that will have to be reconnected. The entire turbo system is in the back of the car and will easily unbolt from the stick manifold. From there, I have to come up with a cold air intake since the stock airbox is gone. The methanol system consists of a tank in the trunk that has a mixture of 50/50 water and methanol and seems to last quite awhile but it is using some. Don't understand it completely bud do know I can take it out in no time. I'm leaning more towards selling this system to someone that wants to reinstall in their car and mess with it. I'm convinced I can uninstall everything and have it running on the stock ECM in a day. That is unless I can find someone I am confident in that can make it run perfectly. Biggest fear is spending five hundred here and there and still not perfect. Thanks again and I'll get some pics up soon. Oh and by the way, this chick is crazy
I thought they all were! Good luck with everything, if I had time to mess with a turbo system, I would work out a deal with you but I don't and the EMS issue kind of scares me. Make sure you get some road dome on the way home. Crazy in the head = Crazy in the bed!
Old 02-28-11, 08:17 PM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pics of the car and the chick!
Old 03-04-11, 07:50 PM
Jls343
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha ha. Yeah, they are all crazy but this one was a little more crazy than normal. Hotter than doughnut grease so Im gonna hang in there and make an exception... for awhile anyway. Here are some pics of the car. Threw one in there of my real hotrod for your enjoyment. Having the Camaro helps me to justify taking all of that power off of the ISF. I drove the car all week and got to know it a little better. It really does run pretty good and Im sure I would be fine keeping the turbo system on it. With that said, Its coming off. Its not ideal for a daily driver. Mostly because I dont want to worry about it. In case you havent read about these twin turbo cars, the turbos are behind the rear wheels. Consequently the air filters are back there too. All fine but considering an occasional gravel road, not ideal. Here in the midwest, we have a few country girls around here that I dont want to leave out. So... If anyone is interested, please let me know. If anyone is close and wants to drive it, let me know. I cant explain how hard it accelerates and how cool it sounds. Ideal situation would be bring your car to my shop, I could take this off of my car, and help you put it on yours. I have a new lift that I am hoping to install in the next couple of weeks.
Attached Thumbnails Twin Turbo ISF - Again-img_2665.jpg   Twin Turbo ISF - Again-img_2667.jpg   Twin Turbo ISF - Again-img_2676.jpg   Twin Turbo ISF - Again-img_2679.jpg  

Last edited by Jls343; 03-04-11 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-04-11, 08:07 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Sweet SS! Looks really clean.

Whatcha got under the hood???
Old 03-04-11, 08:48 PM
Jls343
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Sweet SS! Looks really clean.

Whatcha got under the hood???
Thanks man! It has a 502 crate engine in it and a Tremec 5 speed. I could go on and on about it. My ISF would spank it though.
Old 04-15-11, 03:22 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

nice f. If you dont mind me asking how much was it?
Old 04-16-11, 09:58 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Any updates?
Old 04-18-11, 07:43 AM
Jls343
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. I paid $40k with 19k miles. Has some other goodies as well. The latest is I ordered the ISS exhaust. Even so, I hope I don't regret it. After re-reading all of the threads, I'm convinced that chasing that perfect tune with a piggyback system isn't worth screwing with for me. Anybody that rides in the car thinks it runs fine down low and absolutely **** when the turbos really start to spool up. I can tell it's is rich on the bottom and occasionally will "load up" for a few seconds and then clean out and run fine. I need to post the system in the classifieds before I take it off so a potential buyer can see what it's all about. I really don't know how much to ask. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 04-18-11, 08:57 AM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jls343
Thanks. I paid $40k with 19k miles. Has some other goodies as well. The latest is I ordered the ISS exhaust. Even so, I hope I don't regret it. After re-reading all of the threads, I'm convinced that chasing that perfect tune with a piggyback system isn't worth screwing with for me. Anybody that rides in the car thinks it runs fine down low and absolutely **** when the turbos really start to spool up. I can tell it's is rich on the bottom and occasionally will "load up" for a few seconds and then clean out and run fine. I need to post the system in the classifieds before I take it off so a potential buyer can see what it's all about. I really don't know how much to ask. Any input would be appreciated.
Well there is one right now in the classifieds used for 7,xxx.00 range. It has not sold I dont think. The main thing that will hurt the quick sale of this will be the tuning options.
Old 04-18-11, 10:54 AM
Jls343
Driver School Candidate

Wow. You'd think I would have looked to see if anyone else was selling to get a comparison. It is going to take a buyer that is looking for performance as opposed to a daily driver. If you are running it anywhere above 2500 rpm, it runs flawlessly with a very strong and smooth horsepower gain. It's a blast in manual mode with the paddles. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a video when I get a chance. Too bad I don't live closer to more ISF owners as a ride in the car will sell it. I'll list the system soon probably in the 5k range or best offer.
Old 04-18-11, 11:27 AM
mr2fast
Driver

imo easiest way for you to sell the kit is to put the car on the dyno and show what it's doing. that would also give you insight as to whats going on w/ afr..you might also consider calling elite as they've been working on a setup to tune splat's (longest build ever) car with a supercharger.
Old 04-18-11, 11:45 AM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mr2fast
imo easiest way for you to sell the kit is to put the car on the dyno and show what it's doing. That would also give you insight as to whats going on w/ afr..you might also consider calling elite as they've been working on a setup to tune splat's (longest build ever) car with a supercharger.
^^^^^^^lmao^^^^^^
Old 04-19-11, 11:18 PM
familycar
Rookie

i gather it runs just fine. def get it onto a dyno and see wtf is goin on with the tune to ease your mind. if you were going to have issues, they would have happened by now. sounds like you haven;t been shy with the throttle
Old 04-19-11, 11:24 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Wish I could go for a ride in your car. Sounds like your gonna sell the turbo kit for a great price.
Old 10-27-11, 07:28 PM
staman
Pole Position

Default twin turbo

Im really interested in the twin turbo setup that your selling. Send me a PM ...

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo ISF - Again