IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Is there going to be a Gen3 IS-F in 2014/2015?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-13, 03:23 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

(merged)

Thank God

~ Joe Z

P.S. - Are we going to start a new thread on every piece of Next Gen IS-F info ???

Old News from October 2012

• The Lexus LF-CC made its World Premiere at the 2012 Paris Motor Show and illustrates how concept cars are influencing the direction of future Lexus models.
  • The compact Lexus concept car with rear-wheel drive, features an all-new, highly efficient, 2.5 liter Lexus hybrid drivetrain, to be introduced soon in the Lexus model range.
  • Showcasing the latest evolution of the L-finesse design language, the Lexus LF-CC features the boldest yet interpretation of the spindle grille, while the interior represents a further development of the company's HMI (Human Machine Interface) design philosophy and features a multi-zoned airy and spacious dash with an elegant, premium, luxury environment.
  • The Lexus LF-CC concept car reinforces Lexus' commitment to create more engaging, inspirational vehicles through attractive design, a superior driving experience and advanced technologies.

Last edited by Joe Z; 01-18-13 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-17-13, 03:23 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

why do i want one so
Old 01-17-13, 04:10 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by spddemon
New IS looks good, but why didn't they mention any thing about the IS-F?
It's called extending the product life cycle dude........ If you let everyone know a F is coming, people will wait. You don't let them know it's coming, and you keep it under wraps...what happens? They feel it might not come out, so they buy the "F Sport" Then the real F actually comes out, now they sell their car, and buy a real F......see what happened?

You bought two cars instead of waiting and buying one. Blitz_714 used to have an IS350...then he got an IS F...a few people here have done that.

BASIC SALES !
Old 01-17-13, 05:23 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gymkata
I think it looks pretty good overall. It will need MUCH more than 425 horses, especially if gains weight. I wouldn't get too excited over what dealership personnel say at this point though, even if they are decently in the loop.
dude...pics you posted are of a concept...that's not the actual car...actual cars always look WORST.

If you look at companies like Porsche...they slowly evolve their cars, and its like wine...it just gets better over time. I hate how car companies will mess up a good thing. Look at Acura and their 2nd gen TL....GREAT seller....3rd gen TL...even better seller! 4th Gen TL...lets go crazy....sales goes down the poop.

This new IS does not look as good as the new 3...Lexus IMO will lose customers with this. Those head lights are ugly, and that rear end isn't growing on me either...
Old 01-17-13, 05:47 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Can't wait until the ISF comes out in 2015 (hopefully) I wouldn't mind it being a coupe
Old 01-17-13, 05:53 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by melbitoast
FWIW, my go-to guy at Lexus of Austin called me out of the blue today and says that he has had conversations with corporate about the new ISF due to major interest in the Austin area. He relayed to me that his guys at corporate say the LF-CC (found at the link below) is "essentially what the new ISF is going to look like". He admitted he cannot confirm it, but his guys told him this is what we should expect. He was not trying to sell me anything, he just wanted to update me b/c he knows I'm interested.

Some updates (again, corporate will not confirm to him):
1. Coupe only. Remainder of IS line is all 4-door
2. Expected output of 425hp via updated V8
3. Wheel base will be that of the GS platform, which is longer
4. Because of #3, weight is expected to increase
5. Interior display gauges will be LFA-like; similar to the new F-Sport I'm guessing

http://www.lexus.com/concept/lfcc/index.html

One of the slides/pictures is a video. At the 2:05 mark (of the 2:08 video), if you turn up your volume, it sounds like an exhaust rev. If it is, it's freakin' mean.

Dealers don't know anything. On top of that, dealers don't care about what's coming...they only care what they have on the floor to sell you. No one is going to tell you that a new IS F is coming (if it's not publicly announced yet), if you walk into the show room asking to look at a 2013 IS F

1. coupe only = bad...i think a lot of members bought the IS F because of the power, and the fact that it had 4 doors. Some members on here are mothers/fathers and having 4 doors was a must.
2. weak sauce power upgrade....HELLA lame...and i'm not even from Norcal!
BMW e30 M3 = 192hp
BMW e36 M3 = 240hp
BMW e46 M3 = 333hp
BMW e92 M3 = 414hp
BMW f80 M3 = est 450hp

Mercedes C32 AMG - 349hp
Mercedes C55 AMG - 362hp
Mercedes C63 AMG - 451hp or 480hp (AMG Development Package)
Next Gen Mercedes C-Class AMG if it uses the new bi-turbo engine means it's going to have 518hp with 516 torque at 1750 RPMS!!!!!!!!

Cadillac CTS-V 1st Gen - 400hp
Cadillac CTS-V 2nd Gen - 556hp

So Lexus is going from 416hp to 425hp? What kinda garbage is that? Either the Lexus has to go on a MAJOR diet, or it will continue to be 2nd or 3rd when compared to zee Germans and the American muscle cars. Lexus IMO needs to make a car that has at least 475hp and LOWER the weight if it wants to compete.

3. Similar wheel base is expected...probably will be smaller, but design will be based off the larger
4. More weight = less fun
5. LFA gauges = more fun

If Lexus wants to be serious....3500lbs, 5.7L V8 with 475hp and 400+ torque or 4.0L V10.....at that point, i don't care how much power it has, I just want a V10
Old 01-17-13, 08:15 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
dude...pics you posted are of a concept...that's not the actual car...actual cars always look WORST.

If you look at companies like Porsche...they slowly evolve their cars, and its like wine...it just gets better over time. I hate how car companies will mess up a good thing. Look at Acura and their 2nd gen TL....GREAT seller....3rd gen TL...even better seller! 4th Gen TL...lets go crazy....sales goes down the poop.

This new IS does not look as good as the new 3...Lexus IMO will lose customers with this. Those head lights are ugly, and that rear end isn't growing on me either...
I deleted my previous post. Yes, I know I posted pics of the LF-CC concept. I posted those in a different thread at the request of someone else. Shortly thereafter that thread was merged with this one.
Old 01-18-13, 05:19 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me

He was responding to my request to post the pics. Like I said, I've been told that the LF-CC concept is "essentially what the new F will look like", it is "what F owners should expect". TIFWIW.

I agree. I will say Lexus hit a home run with the LS, but the rest of the lineup looks too much alike. I believe this will cost them customers as well. Why would someone pay $5-15k more for a car that looks just like the lower end one??

For Lexus' sake, I truly hope the new F is REALLY different from the remainder of the lineup.
Old 01-18-13, 07:01 AM
toky916
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by melbitoast
He was responding to my request to post the pics. Like I said, I've been told that the LF-CC concept is "essentially what the new F will look like", it is "what F owners should expect". TIFWIW.

I agree. I will say Lexus hit a home run with the LS, but the rest of the lineup looks too much alike. I believe this will cost them customers as well. Why would someone pay $5-15k more for a car that looks just like the lower end one??

For Lexus' sake, I truly hope the new F is REALLY different from the remainder of the lineup.
I agree I mean come on its F supposed to looks like something amazing. not like 250-350 or rest of the lineup my opinion if there really trying to change the game in Luxury performance cars
Old 01-18-13, 08:51 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

In more important NEW news........

Confirmed... The 2014 IS-F & IS-C will be a carry over...!!!!!

Originally Posted by Joe Z
All-New 2014 Lexus IS and IS F SPORT-- What's New, Inside and Out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmWlRJ-Vxz0
  • Ming-Jou Chen from Lexus College highlights what's new for the 2014 Lexus IS and IS F SPORT which go on sale this summer.
    In it, she takes you through features and technology that aren't available on other Lexus vehicles.

Confirmed... The 2014 IS-F & IS-C will be a carry over...!!!!!

~ Joe Z

Awesome...!!!

Loving one of the first outdoor "Real World" photos of the 2014 IS350 in F-Sport trim..... !!!!

~ Joe Z

Originally Posted by TF109B
Here's a picture from Toyota TS030 driver Nico Lapierre's twitter...

He drove the F-Sport IS with the fogs in white. A nice 'real world' look at what the car is with the fogs.

Last edited by Joe Z; 01-18-13 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-18-13, 04:33 PM
toky916
Pole Position

Love the white one with red Interior
Old 01-18-13, 04:44 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by toky916
Love the white one with red Interior
Lexus will be offering the exclusive LFA Cluster, "Ultra White" exterior paint & Red Leather interior on F-Sport Models only...

~ Joe Z
Old 01-22-13, 05:27 PM
bokiLexus
Driver School Candidate

okay this video is all nice and makes the car sound really good and FUN to drive now tell me is the IS 350 coming in manual to make it even more fun and responsive to road. because if you want to compete with M and 3 series BMW's you have to make IS 350 which is more powerful then my slow *** IS 250 manual which you cant add **** too make it faster and better yet make the ISF manual. If these cars especially 350 doesn't come in manual i have to say good bye to Lexus which is really what i don't want to do. and yes i do understand that 8 speed is more responsive and aggressive and fuel efficient but that's not what some people like me are looking for we want a fun car that we control not the other way around...
So Lexus please make this car in manual so many of us are waiting and needing this
if anyone knows for sure this car is coming manual please let me know because i am impatient now..
thank you
Old 01-22-13, 06:09 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Lexus making a high performance manual car is damn near impossible. Look at Mercedes AMG, they don't offer a manual in any of their cars now.

If you want a manual, time to step up to the purists sports car....a 911. 7-speed manual. HOWEVER, I'm afraid even Porsche is going to put a auto slush box in their new 911 GT3...Autos are just faster now a days...especially around the track.

Audi might still do it...BMW probably won't do it.
Old 01-22-13, 06:13 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Sent from my iPhone

Enjoy,

Joe Z

Quick Reply: Is there going to be a Gen3 IS-F in 2014/2015?