IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Sikky headers are on!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-11, 09:39 PM
tenspeed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mr2fast
edit: holy moly!I just noticed while the HP gain isn't that impressive you picked up almost 50tq!!!

most of your power is being lost in the circled bottle neck. I still can't figure out why they crushed that merge..
That narrow merge might be why there is more torque.
Old 03-23-11, 09:46 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tenspeed
That narrow merge might be why there is more torque.
Thats what Im thinking. I would think the 5.0 likes the back pressure being created by the restrictive section. While hp will go up with the full exhaust the tq will most likely loose on the low end and be close to the same on the high end. I will post up the dyno sheet tomorrow when I get to the office.
Old 03-24-11, 11:37 AM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Ok so I was wrong, they did 6 pulls total. This was the first pull last Thursday and the last pull Yesterday.

Old 03-24-11, 06:28 PM
BLKFIN
Driver School Candidate

Hey Mitch...I live just south of McKinney. I would love to meet up sometime and check out your car. A few other buddy's of mine meet up on Saturday at the Shops of Starwood in Frisco on Saturday mornings. I have the only ISF, but there are always guys there with M3's, M5's, M6's, S4's, Porsches and a Ford GT. We usually have a pretty good turn out.
Old 03-24-11, 08:16 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
Hey Mitch...I live just south of McKinney. I would love to meet up sometime and check out your car. A few other buddy's of mine meet up on Saturday at the Shops of Starwood in Frisco on Saturday mornings. I have the only ISF, but there are always guys there with M3's, M5's, M6's, S4's, Porsches and a Ford GT. We usually have a pretty good turn out.
Id love to come out, but this Saturday Im helping a friend rebuild a canopy in his back yard. I will definitely come out some time asap! Id like to get another F owner's opinion on how the car drives vs stock.
Old 03-24-11, 08:22 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,908 Likes on 1,344 Posts

Originally Posted by darbs242
At this point you can call PPE and have a set made but their CEL fix is sketchy and Elites are not available... everyone is seeing 40ish whp gains from sikky, perfect fitment and no CEL, what else is anyone looking for in headers
Not really, PPE is makin' headers now:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-headers.html

And, IMHO, the workmanship on the PPEs is superb

Lou
Old 03-25-11, 07:15 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Not really, PPE is makin' headers now:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-headers.html

And, IMHO, the workmanship on the PPEs is superb

Lou
Not really what... I said you can call PPE and have a set made, they offered that to me because I spoke with them a bunch and seriously was considering testing them like you are before I bought Sikky headers. Is that not how you got a set? I agree the quality is tops but I think your gonna have check lights without an o2 simulator, Sikky did a years worth a testing to keep that CEL light off in a F before coming up with their fix. Maybe im wrong, im excited to see your numbers with PPE.
Old 03-25-11, 07:34 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,908 Likes on 1,344 Posts

^^^^PPE has another set (the prototype) mounted on an F, I have seen it. There is no CEL.

Lou
Old 03-25-11, 09:07 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To Mitch & BLKFIN: The F regulars in that area are myself and Mike (bigmike). We usually go to all the cars and coffee meets. I live right near the shops at Starwood. Due to work and wife's health I have been missing a lot of meets. But since December I no longer work for the company and my wife's health is better now. I would love to meet up over there. I ate at True Grill for the first time yesterday. Look forward to meeting you guys. Also please visit the North Texas Lexus group on club lexus as well.
Old 03-25-11, 12:57 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
^^^^PPE has another set (the prototype) mounted on an F, I have seen it. There is no CEL.

Lou
Thats sweet, cant wait to see your results
Old 03-25-11, 01:11 PM
BLKFIN
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fleadog99
To Mitch & BLKFIN: The F regulars in that area are myself and Mike (bigmike). We usually go to all the cars and coffee meets. I live right near the shops at Starwood. Due to work and wife's health I have been missing a lot of meets. But since December I no longer work for the company and my wife's health is better now. I would love to meet up over there. I ate at True Grill for the first time yesterday. Look forward to meeting you guys. Also please visit the North Texas Lexus group on club lexus as well.
Come on out this Saturday or any one for that matter. The meet at Starwood are with the guys from the dfwautoclub.com forum. It starts around 9:00am and we ussally wrap up before noon. Many cool cars and usually a run or two to "mexico" to test equipment
Old 03-25-11, 01:37 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fleadog99
I will definitely be there asap! Damn I wish I didn't have to work in the am lol
Old 03-25-11, 01:55 PM
BLKFIN
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mitch08ISF
I will definitely be there asap! Damn I wish I didn't have to work in the am lol
Can't wait to check out your car. I would love a set of those headers but wanted to hear them first.....

I was thinking, a few weeks ago I saw a red ISF on the North Dallas Tollway between 635 and 191 heading North. It had the S4Play diffuser on it. I was in my silver ISF....was that you?
Old 03-25-11, 01:59 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
Can't wait to check out your car. I would love a set of those headers but wanted to hear them first.....

I was thinking, a few weeks ago I saw a red ISF on the North Dallas Tollway between 635 and 191 heading North. It had the S4Play diffuser on it. I was in my silver ISF....was that you?
Yup! you had a diffuser also right? my car was filthy that day lol After seeing how clean your car was I went straight to the car wash. I think I waved at you. We were close to the frankford exit I think.