IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Sikky headers are on!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-11, 12:49 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sikky headers are on with updated dyno ####'s

Well yesterday I finished up on the Sikky Header install for my F. I will say its a crazy tight squeeze and the sub frame for sure has to come off. I had to get an alignment after due to the install, but all is good now. Im running the factory exhaust at the moment with all 4 cats removed and the joe z intake tube. I absolutely love the sound and Im really curious how some of you isf owners with headers and full exhaust deal with the extra sound??? I can hardly imagine having this car any louder than it is now after the headers.... Im also wondering how many miles I need to put on the car before hitting the dyno to get an accurate reading. I can for sure feel the power difference already because the tires never broke loose like they are now in 1st and 2nd gear even with traction control on.

base line 350.48whp & 308.87wtq

final pull after 1100 miles 375.02whp & 353.16wtq!!!

Last edited by Mitch08ISF; 03-23-11 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-18-11, 02:18 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Some of the members on here who are running the Joe Z and Sikky headers combo welded high-flow cats (Random Technology) in their exhaust, so the car is a bit quieter, didn't lose any performance, and doesn't get that gas smell.
Old 03-18-11, 10:36 PM
sweetbird
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You did the install yourself? If yes do u have any pointers?
Old 03-18-11, 11:49 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

The install is pretty straight forward, one suggestion when you are putting on the new bolts is to stuff a rag in between where the 4 pipes merge together if you have the headers half bolted on and you drop one of the bolts in between there it is SUCH a pain to get out even if you have one of those magnet tools.

I have the Joe Z and headers and I love the sound and smell. I'm sure I've lost quite a few brain cells especially when I have it idle in the garage while i run in to get something but oh well.
Old 03-19-11, 08:00 AM
sweetbird
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So u take the front k member off completely and support the motor from top and lower it down to bolt the headers up?
Old 03-19-11, 09:56 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Congrats on the install..!!

So your still running the OEM exhaust sections with just secondary CATs removed??

Joe Z
Old 03-19-11, 10:01 AM
infinus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sweetbird
So u take the front k member off completely and support the motor from top and lower it down to bolt the headers up?
I dropped the subframe a little you don't have to take it all off that would be a paint in the but and suck to get realigned. I supported the motor with a stand and a block of wood just like it said in the instructions:

http://www.sikky.com/images/pdf/1299...structions.pdf
Old 03-19-11, 09:25 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Congrats on the install..!!

So your still running the OEM exhaust sections with just secondary CATs removed??

Joe Z
Sorry for the late replies, I'm in houston at TX2K11. Yes I have your intake with stock air filter and all 4 cats removed with the headers and stock exhaust. It sounds great in my opinion but I'm still thinking its holding back some power. The car made 360whp with the intake and no cats, but I only have 420 miles so far since the battery was disconnected and headers went on. After 1000 miles I plan on dyno the set up. Ill have more mods by month end so maybe ill just wait till then.

I ran the car today at TX2K11 and I was pleased with every run. I have never raced a rwd car and I'm on street michelin tires. The car went 13.1, 12.9, 12.8 then 12.77 it was going faster every run until track closed. If I can ill run it tomorrow again. The car seems to be adjusting well to the mods. It was around 85 degrees today as well. I think I will buy exhaust asap and see how the F does then.
Old 03-20-11, 07:17 AM
j8123
Driver

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking about going with headers, but your honest comments about how loud it is in the car has made up my mind not to go there. I don't want to turn my F into another car I get deaf driving. I am to old to lose any addition hearing....lol
Old 03-20-11, 07:50 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by j8123
Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking about going with headers, but your honest comments about how loud it is in the car has made up my mind not to go there. I don't want to turn my F into another car I get deaf driving. I am to old to lose any addition hearing....lol
I have headers/JOe Z and race cats and its completely livable. Its the quietest FULL exhaust system ive ever heard on a V8. Dont get me wrong it sounds BA but I think its less noisy than just the ISS track exhaust without headers... When my girlfriend doesnt complain I know its not that loud... untill it gets some gas anyway.
Old 03-20-11, 08:47 AM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by darbs242
I have headers/JOe Z and race cats and its completely livable. Its the quietest FULL exhaust system ive ever heard on a V8. Dont get me wrong it sounds BA but I think its less noisy than just the ISS track exhaust without headers... When my girlfriend doesnt complain I know its not that loud... untill it gets some gas anyway.
I completely agree. There is a spot between 2100-2500rpms that has an awesome sound, but its not horrible. If your cruising at 100mph (my drive to houston) its very noticeable and it makes the 1-4 shifts sound incredible. If your just driving normal 70mph you can't even notice. I think the whole isf community is safe with installing headers first. Just leave the 2nd cats and drive the car before buying exhaust. My girl slept the whole trip so its not horrible just really changes the F. Hopefully today I get a chance to make some passes with a lot less fuel in the tank. Yesterday my tank was full when I started racing.
Old 03-20-11, 08:53 AM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

PS: I got some great video of the F at the track this weekend, ill post them as soon as I'm home tonight or tomorrow.
Old 03-20-11, 11:19 AM
tenspeed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by j8123
Get different mufflers or add resonators. Some people have used stereo sound deadener to keep noise out of the cabin.
Old 03-20-11, 02:58 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitch08ISF
I completely agree. There is a spot between 2100-2500rpms that has an awesome sound, but its not horrible. If your cruising at 100mph (my drive to houston) its very noticeable and it makes the 1-4 shifts sound incredible. If your just driving normal 70mph you can't even notice. I think the whole isf community is safe with installing headers first. Just leave the 2nd cats and drive the car before buying exhaust. My girl slept the whole trip so its not horrible just really changes the F. Hopefully today I get a chance to make some passes with a lot less fuel in the tank. Yesterday my tank was full when I started racing.
The cats i had added in my exhaust completely kill the drone you notice between 2100-2500, no gas smell either... i love it
Old 03-20-11, 11:55 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Well the car kept going faster and by the end of the day it went 12.49 @ 112, I was only able to get a 1.9 out of the street tires. I liked that this afternoon I went out and the first run was 12.56@ 111, then 12.51, then 12.50. After the 12.49 it was time to go home. I think the car has more in it right now. With the exhaust and port work as well as tires I'm hoping to get into 11's no issue. Ill post pics and details asap.

Quick Reply: Sikky headers are on!!