IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PPE Headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-12, 05:44 PM
rhy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the PPE headers for 9 months and around 4k miles. I got a CEL once, 3-4 months after the install... reset it and it never came back. Car runs great. It has two Random Tech 100-cell cats and the O2 simulator (I think).
Old 01-19-12, 06:04 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,364 Posts

Originally Posted by ncorrea
I know I am reviving this thread after a few months since last post but I am trying to look into feedback from the CL members on whether they encountered any other issues at all with the PPE header design.

My biggest concern is dealing with trying to get a CEL to disappear after it all started. I am basically disputing between Sikky and PPE headers depending on price and whether I would like to Jet coat them black.

I am currently saving up so that way I can just do an intake/headers/exhaust combo all at the same time and would like to line everything up before I purchase.
I hope you saw my September post on the previous page. Since the o2 conditioners have been in, Zero problems. The darn thing still runs like a scalded cat. An Update on what Paul is doing. Last November he went to Australia to measure Right Hand ISFs for, you guessed it, Headers. I'm dropping my car off this weekend for more measurements. Not sure what he's doing with my Left Hand drive car, but he wants it. While it's there, he's going to rework my stock mufflers to make them flow better. As far as the JetHot goes, the silver is working fine in Hot Arizona, but the black is supposed to be a higher temp alternative to the silver. As far as the headers go a big from me. I couldn't recommend them, or the PPE operation any higher. I've been around awhile, I'm 73 years old, and these guys are a real professional bunch.

Lou
Old 01-19-12, 06:35 PM
staman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
I hope you saw my September post on the previous page. Since the o2 conditioners have been in, Zero problems. The darn thing still runs like a scalded cat. An Update on what Paul is doing. Last November he went to Australia to measure Right Hand ISFs for, you guessed it, Headers. I'm dropping my car off this weekend for more measurements. Not sure what he's doing with my Left Hand drive car, but he wants it. While it's there, he's going to rework my stock mufflers to make them flow better. As far as the JetHot goes, the silver is working fine in Hot Arizona, but the black is supposed to be a higher temp alternative to the silver. As far as the headers go a big from me. I couldn't recommend them, or the PPE operation any higher. I've been around awhile, I'm 73 years old, and these guys are a real professional bunch.

Lou
Just what I needed to hear. Ive been going back and forth between Sikky and PPE for ahwile now. I heard that PPE is using a new jig which has a better fitment result. That settled it for me: I called them today about the "backorder" status but didnt get a hold of them. Try again tomorrow...
Old 01-19-12, 07:12 PM
ncorrea
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was definitely the response I was looking forward to. I still have some time to save and read up on some information for both options. More than anything I dont know what exhaust I would like to fit with the headers.

If anyone with PPE headers can continue chiming in it would be appreciated. I have read up on great things for Sikky headers and would also like to hear from the PPE end on how the O2 conditioner has helped resolve the CEL which popped up prior to that release.
Old 01-19-12, 08:28 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

would also like to hear from the PPE end on how the O2 conditioner has helped resolve the CEL which popped up prior to that release.
The o2 conditioner is all electronic and goes under the hood. It sends the proper signals to the emissions measuring devices built into the car's electronics. When installed it's undetectable because it goes in the box with the stock wiring so it's not visible unless someone is looking for it.

Originally Posted by staman
Just what I needed to hear. Ive been going back and forth between Sikky and PPE for ahwile now. I heard that PPE is using a new jig which has a better fitment result. That settled it for me: I called them today about the "backorder" status but didnt get a hold of them. Try again tomorrow...
You are correct, they are in fact using a new and improved jig with tighter tolerances.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 01-19-12 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-19-12, 08:48 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

sounds like PPE is the way to go!
Old 01-20-12, 05:45 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been running PPE with the 02 sims AND the MAPECU and I could bring it into Lexus right now and they wouldnt know unless I pointed it out to them.

PPE is top notch. You can actually feel the power but you may have to rework your exhaust if the drone is too bad for you. My recommendation is to keep the cats whatever you do. They alone cut down alot on the rasp, and give it a much more refined sound.

With headers and full exhaust, your car can sound like a ricer or an expensive italian, it's your choice.
Old 01-20-12, 12:00 PM
mercurymet
Driver

Originally Posted by 06isDriver
I've been running PPE with the 02 sims AND the MAPECU and I could bring it into Lexus right now and they wouldnt know unless I pointed it out to them.

PPE is top notch. You can actually feel the power but you may have to rework your exhaust if the drone is too bad for you. My recommendation is to keep the cats whatever you do. They alone cut down alot on the rasp, and give it a much more refined sound.

With headers and full exhaust, your car can sound like a ricer or an expensive italian, it's your choice.
how do we make our car sound like a C63?
Old 01-20-12, 12:57 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

drop in a v8! Good luck!

Last edited by 06isDriver; 01-20-12 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-20-12, 01:29 PM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mercurymet
how do we make our car sound like a C63?
Simple. Buy a C63. It's your car and it sounds like a C63.
Old 01-20-12, 01:36 PM
mercurymet
Driver

Originally Posted by 06isDriver
drop in a v8! Good luck!
it has a V8

Originally Posted by Fapout
Simple. Buy a C63. It's your car and it sounds like a C63.
lol, then it will look and drink gas like one too.
Old 01-20-12, 09:20 PM
ncorrea
Rookie

well I am definitely saving up right now. I live out in the Midwest and am looking to see where I can take the car for header install. Somewhere near Nebraska preferred but can be Chicago/Missouri/Kansas area.

As long as it is a good place to go to with experience on the ISF headers I wouldnt mind making a road trip out to the location (ie Texas/Arizona) Have some family and friends I can visit while I am at it as long as I plan it out.

Would like to be able to go somewhere that has maybe worked on another members headers so they know what to do with this set. Seems like a lot of the owners are closer to the coasts though.
Old 01-20-12, 09:29 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

As long as it is a good place to go to with experience on the ISF headers I wouldnt mind making a road trip out to the location (ie Texas/Arizona) Have some family and friends I can visit while I am at it as long as I plan it out.
PPE is located in the Phoenix Arizona area, so am I. I'm sure we can arrange something here for you, if you can't find anything closer to your home. Let me Know.

Lou
Old 01-22-12, 07:09 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mercurymet
it has a V8

lol, then it will look and drink gas like one too.

my bad, I thought I was in the isx50 forum, of course you already have a v8
Old 01-22-12, 07:36 AM
StrykarISF
Rookie

If anyone with PPE headers can continue chiming in it would be appreciated. I have read up on great things for Sikky headers and would also like to hear from the PPE end on how the O2 conditioner has helped resolve the CEL which popped up prior to that release.
I installed my ppe headers last saturday/sunday in the garage with a buddy, fun time. I also installed the joe-z exhaust at the same time and the o2 sensor conditioner at the end. No check engine lights. Here is a sound clip from the first start up with ppe headers/no cats/joe-z exhaust. Fitment was great, except on the drivers side the manifold would not slide over the cylinder head exhaust studs; 3 of the holes were smaller than the others not sure why. Reamed up the 3 smaller holes full size to match the others and it slid right on. It doesn't hurt to buy new exhaust manifold gaskets while your going to be in there, mine were roughly $28 each from an online dealer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7fmHNI_8I0

Quick Reply: PPE Headers