IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISS Forged IS-F QES (Quad Exhaust System) Updated Design Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-11, 11:11 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CCJ22
I presume the company is taking video to show that the exhaust "diffusers" being removed has no negative imact on the rear end lifting off the ground and taking flight?
there is no way those little holes with the fake chrome tips poking through, with the flimsy plastic bumper that BARELY surrounds them with a little piece of plasic at the bottom, is going to stop your car from taking flight, if it was going to happen. I wouldnt worry about it.
Old 07-15-11, 11:22 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mikefate
I feel dumb quoting myself.....but I have to say I've had joez exhaust on my car about 6 months or so. Loved it. My only gripe was the stock exhaust tips, which I didn't like. So I bought an iss exhaust. Just swapped it out. Have some good and some bad comments. First, I found the joez packaging for shipping far better. I was missing hardware from both the joez and the iss, so no winners there. I had a few missing bolts and nuts from each. No biggie, just annoying. Finish and welds are both pretty dan good. I'd say advantage Joez though. I had a lot of residue inside and around iss piping. Should have been cleaned up prior to shipping. Fitment is hands down going to joez. Iss hits several areas of heat shield under car. Had to remove one to keep from rubbing and rattling. Overall, they are both very well made. I'd say advantage to joez. If only they made an optional oem tip removal and dual exhaust. I'd say it comes down to preference on stock tips to be honest. Also, the burnt tips on the iss were a little bit of a letdown. It's very ununiform. Hard to see on the car though, so I can deal with it. As far as sound, they seem the same at idle. But once you get on it under load, iss is much louder with more of a snarl. Joez seems to be a deeper, smoother sound transition as you progress thru rpm's. Iss turns heads. It sounds like you just unleashed a pit bull that's been on a gunpowder diet. It's like all hell broke loose. I love it. So for me, sound advantage totally to iss. For me, n/a gains are never much to brag about. From my old is300 with pointless boltons, to the isf with boltons, none are tremendous gains. So for me exhaust is an aesthetic gain. I'm happy with my transition. Hope this helps if noobs are debating iss and joez.
you have had both brands and i respect your review 100x more then other peoples biased opinions for that reason. But i wouldnt judge any product on the looks of its packaging. As long as the product wasnt damaged who cares? I could care less if brand A has a better package then brand B when its all going directly into the dumpster within 5 minutes of me getting it.

It sucks you were missing bolts, i know exactly what its like when that happens .... but i am here to say, my ISSforged exhaust wasn't missing anything. It was self explanatory, but i will admit that a set of instructions would be good. I hate getting a product and not having any guidance......just have to guess and hope for the best. Lucky for me, i have experience, a lift and i am good at putting puzzles together.

One last thing.....the ISSforged exhaust doesnt hit "several key areas of heat shield", it hits one......and that part is supposed to be removed.

my review on this exhaust is that you will NOT be ready for how loud it is when you first fire it up.......but......within 10 minutes, you will be fully addicted to the sound. The first start of the morning is REALLY loud.....but it mellows out once warmed up. I have had nothing but jaws dropped, snapped necks, and compliments ever since i got my new exhaust. I love it..

Last edited by meade916; 07-15-11 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-15-11, 11:23 AM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mikefate -thanks for the comparison review. If the ISS turns heads did the Joe Z not? I've yet to hear a Joe Z in person. At the Baltimore meet everyone had headers with ISS or Joe Z.
Old 07-15-11, 11:33 AM
CCJ22
Pole Position

I feel dumb quoting myself.....but I have to say I've had joez exhaust on my car about 6 months or so. Loved it. My only gripe was the stock exhaust tips, which I didn't like. So I bought an iss exhaust. Just swapped it out. Have some good and some bad comments. First, I found the joez packaging for shipping far better. I was missing hardware from both the joez and the iss, so no winners there. I had a few missing bolts and nuts from each. No biggie, just annoying. Finish and welds are both pretty dan good. I'd say advantage Joez though. I had a lot of residue inside and around iss piping. Should have been cleaned up prior to shipping. Fitment is hands down going to joez. Iss hits several areas of heat shield under car. Had to remove one to keep from rubbing and rattling. Overall, they are both very well made. I'd say advantage to joez. If only they made an optional oem tip removal and dual exhaust. I'd say it comes down to preference on stock tips to be honest. Also, the burnt tips on the iss were a little bit of a letdown. It's very ununiform. Hard to see on the car though, so I can deal with it. As far as sound, they seem the same at idle. But once you get on it under load, iss is much louder with more of a snarl. Joez seems to be a deeper, smoother sound transition as you progress thru rpm's. Iss turns heads. It sounds like you just unleashed a pit bull that's been on a gunpowder diet. It's like all hell broke loose. I love it. So for me, sound advantage totally to iss. For me, n/a gains are never much to brag about. From my old is300 with pointless boltons, to the isf with boltons, none are tremendous gains. So for me exhaust is an aesthetic gain. I'm happy with my transition. Hope this helps if noobs are debating iss and joez.
Thanks so much Mike. I'm betting ISS will get better. They are after all THE FITMENT FACTORY.
This review really helps my decision. I'm guessing since ISS is in Miami and I'm an hour from them I'm probably going to ask them to do the install. I doubt I'll be missing bolts/screws then
Originally Posted by meade916
there is no way those little holes with the fake chrome tips poking through, with the flimsy plastic bumper that BARELY surrounds them with a little piece of plasic at the bottom, is going to stop your car from taking flight, if it was going to happen. I wouldnt worry about it.
Tis what I thought. Thanks so much Meade.
Old 07-31-11, 04:55 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Hey ISS......Can you chime in to let us know what to do if we have headers already and need to quiet down the exhaust?? I have tried installing 2 vibrant resonators then I switched for the oem cats...still nothing. The exhaust is so unbearably loud inside the car between 1500-2200 rpms it is unreal. I love the iss look with the tips, but I need an honest solution on how to fix this. I dont want to remove the exhaust, but to daily drive this car I need it quieter. The drone is sooo bad in the car it sounds as though pieces of my car interior are falling apart and starting to vibrate. Im basically going back to oem exhaust with sikky headers this week unless something can be done with the drone. I noticed your earlier models have an additional muffler after the x-pipe....is there a way to get something like that installed on the newer versions? Help please. When passengers get in they look at me like Im crazy and usually say something along the lines of "how can you drive with it this loud on the inside...."
Old 07-31-11, 10:22 PM
iJameson
Driver School Candidate

I second Mitch in every possible way.

ISS exhaust is incredible but when combined with the Sikky headers, the interstate drone is brutal. Any ideas guys?
Old 07-31-11, 11:50 PM
CCJ22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mitch08ISF
Hey ISS......Can you chime in to let us know what to do if we have headers already and need to quiet down the exhaust?? I have tried installing 2 vibrant resonators then I switched for the oem cats...still nothing. The exhaust is so unbearably loud inside the car between 1500-2200 rpms it is unreal. I love the iss look with the tips, but I need an honest solution on how to fix this. I dont want to remove the exhaust, but to daily drive this car I need it quieter. The drone is sooo bad in the car it sounds as though pieces of my car interior are falling apart and starting to vibrate. Im basically going back to oem exhaust with sikky headers this week unless something can be done with the drone. I noticed your earlier models have an additional muffler after the x-pipe....is there a way to get something like that installed on the newer versions? Help please. When passengers get in they look at me like Im crazy and usually say something along the lines of "how can you drive with it this loud on the inside...."
Originally Posted by iJameson
I second Mitch in every possible way.

ISS exhaust is incredible but when combined with the Sikky headers, the interstate drone is brutal. Any ideas guys?
May I recommend e-cutouts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D86feQwfqLU

My uncle has them on his aston martin. The cutouts work like a charm.
Old 08-01-11, 07:20 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

How do the e-cutouts solve the drone issue on his ISS Exhaust?
Old 08-01-11, 07:38 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

To bad about the crazy drone mitch... I really thought those resonators would help. The Joe Z has almost the same set up at the point your at. Joe Z mufflers must be very different... not straight through like ISS.
Old 08-01-11, 07:39 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by darbs242
To bad about the crazy drone mitch... I really thought those resonators would help. The Joe Z has almost the same set up at the point your at. Joe Z mufflers must be very different... not straight through like ISS.
Sai has ISS with Sikky and they welded in another muffler i think... ask him what he did...
Old 08-01-11, 07:58 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,365 Posts

The Joe Z has almost the same set up at the point your at. Joe Z mufflers must be very different... not straight through like ISS.
The JoeZ muffler design for their ISF system is indeed straight thru, but is a different higher capacity design than the ISS. Look Here:

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...s-exhaust.aspx

Lou
Old 08-01-11, 08:09 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Damn I love my tips so I guess either headers are out for me or I have to switch to OEM or JoeZ exhaust when it comes to the time of considering headers.
Old 08-01-11, 10:07 AM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Sai has ISS with Sikky and they welded in another muffler i think... ask him what he did...
Im meeting a local today to check it out because I just cant deal with it anymore. ISS needs 2 versions....one for header cars and one without.
Old 08-01-11, 04:33 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey whats up Mike. If you don't mind me addressing some of your comments. Yes on the ISS system you have to remove the rear heat shield. If you have any fitment issues please contact Tony right away. We test fit all our systems on my persona car before they go out the door and really work hard on making sure they fit properly.

On another note. Our system is not mass produced. It is hand made to order. We have had a very hard time finding a box that fits properly so we concentrate our efforts on making sure the system doesn't get damaged in transit. The box might not be nice but the system gets there in one piece. This has not always been the case and I am very grateful to the IS-F community for working with us during the development of this product. The residue in the system is part of it. We have installed a lot of other exhaust and have noticed that custom exhaust tend to have more burn off then exhaust produced in quantity. Trust me its a pain to get the welds to look nice with that oil there. We try our best to drain them before we start the manufacturing process.

On the burnt Tips option. Your system was the first one. Since we didn't hear anything back we figured you were a happy customer. The burning is being done by hand. There is no way to make them look alike. This in my opinion is a novelty. I dont know if you've noticed but as the temp in the tips increase the color changes.

Guys if there is any concern with our products please let us know. We have had issues with other members and you can ask them all... We stand next to our product with pride and honesty. It's the way we do business.

Glad you like the sound and the system and please contact us on the burnt tips issue.
Old 08-01-11, 04:37 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im meeting a local today to check it out because I just cant deal with it anymore. ISS needs 2 versions....one for header cars and one without.
We are in the process of working on that! I drove one with Elite headers and it's LOUD!!!!! What we don't want to do is sacrifice performance on our track system. So we are releasing a Track / Street Hybrid System. It will be loud when you want it to be loud and quiet you need it to be.

Last edited by Fitment Factory; 08-01-11 at 05:03 PM.

Quick Reply: ISS Forged IS-F QES (Quad Exhaust System) Updated Design Pics