IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

I really hope the new IS-F comes 2 door!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-11 | 08:33 PM
niteLEX
Lead Lap

Default I really hope the new IS-F comes 2 door!

BECAUSE I don't know about you guys and gals but that new C63 AMG coupe is outrageous! I love everything about that car from the exterior to the interior to under the hood! I mean wow! I really hope as far as asthetics and muscle that the IS-F will compare! And for those of you who don't know...

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/autos/m...fficial-debut/

now you know.
Old 03-29-11 | 08:45 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

I hope there will be a coupe form too, but just because I want the F line to be expanded. However, when I get an F, it will always be in sedan form; the connivence of a sedan is unmatched and its nice to be able to destroy other competition while hauling around a group of friends.
Old 03-29-11 | 08:49 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

The C63 AMG coupe looks fantastic! I'm with edgeucated- I like the convenience of the sedan. Two doors just makes it difficult for passengers. It'll be interesting how it competes with the M3 coupe in terms of sales.
Old 03-29-11 | 08:53 PM
infinus
Lead Lap
CL Folding 200000

It looks nice and the specs are pretty sweet but I'm sure you'll pay a premium over the price of an ISF , and in my personal experience with Mercedes thus far the dealer experience was sub par and the cars were lemons.
Old 03-30-11 | 01:15 AM
cenix
Driver

i'm not impressed with the c63 amg. the interior looks fantastic, but i really am not feeling the exterior styling.
Old 03-30-11 | 05:01 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

I totally see a BMW at the base of the c-pillar of the C63 coupe. It seems like every car manufacturer out there is doing their own version of the Hoffmeister Kink.
Old 03-30-11 | 09:13 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

2 doors, a bump in HP, and a shed a few pounds, the F would be a dynamite sports car/coupe. Just have to wait and see.
Old 03-30-11 | 11:07 AM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Interior is nice but exterior side profile looks like the accord coupe.
Old 03-30-11 | 11:22 AM
pc1990
Pole Position

Originally Posted by djsai
hahaha +1....that sums it up perfectly. The side profile just seems off, but yeah the interior is great and MB are heading in the right direction for a true performance car. As far as seeing a coupe version of the IS-F that would be great but I don't know many owners would want to lose the 2 extra doors unless their chronic trackers so to speak.
Old 03-30-11 | 12:42 PM
melbitoast
Instructor

Originally Posted by djsai
+1000! The rear too (other than the pipes).

A big reason I refuse to get the C63 AMG.
Old 03-30-11 | 09:49 PM
indyberett
Rookie

It looks like a CLK all over again...

The IS-F is a coupe would be great!
Old 03-30-11 | 11:16 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by edgeucated
I hope there will be a coupe form too, but just because I want the F line to be expanded. However, when I get an F, it will always be in sedan form; the connivence of a sedan is unmatched and its nice to be able to destroy other competition while hauling around a group of friends.
I wouldn't mind the existence of an IS F coupe, but I'd rather get a 2-door 2-seater F in some other form. I'm a firm believer that if there are 4 seats, there should be 4 doors, and I like my 2-door cars as 2-seaters.

Unfortunately, there's no SC replacement even on the development charts, so I doubt we'll see an F coupe except off the IS platform.

Originally Posted by infinus
It looks nice and the specs are pretty sweet but I'm sure you'll pay a premium over the price of an ISF , and in my personal experience with Mercedes thus far the dealer experience was sub par and the cars were lemons.
My experience with the C43 was similar and played a big factor in why I was so excited Lexus decided to go ahead with the IS F, and why I was willing to be a first adopter.

Originally Posted by hblexus07
2 doors, a bump in HP, and a shed a few pounds, the F would be a dynamite sports car/coupe. Just have to wait and see.
Unfortunately, I doubt an IS F coupe would save much weight at all.
Old 03-31-11 | 07:21 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gengar

Unfortunately, I doubt an IS F coupe would save much weight at all.
Unless it is something Lexus would focus on, unlike the M3 coupe 3704# vs sedan 3726#, they only saved 22 pounds, many on here do a lot to save 22 pounds but I think Lexus could easily trim off 100 if they put some effort into it. For one make the sunroof an option only, use more aluminum in the panels, etc., any way it was more of a wish list than anything. We'll have to wait and see, and for now I am still very happy with my F.
Old 03-31-11 | 09:48 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by hblexus07
For one make the sunroof an option only, use more aluminum in the panels, etc., any way it was more of a wish list than anything. We'll have to wait and see, and for now I am still very happy with my F.
That would just drive up the price of the ISF.
Old 03-31-11 | 01:27 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

After seeing that C63 Coupe, I guess there won't be any CLK63 Coupe, right? Too bad, I was eagerly waiting for a Black Series!

Quick Reply: I really hope the new IS-F comes 2 door!