IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Even though I don't have the V8...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-11, 10:54 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

From the front, it looks exactly like my F. Great job! Now work on that rear bumper..
Old 04-03-11, 12:05 PM
sweetbird
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that looks just like an f! Get the back bumper! Car looks sick! Is it a flat white wrap or flat whit paint? Can't tell?
Old 04-03-11, 03:26 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

I have the body (minus the rear bumper, not trying to go super copycat). It's an IS250 6MT. Let me know what you think

Hi John, I know you put a lot of work into this and can appreciate time and effort put into your car I know it was very big job. But to me it is kind of super copycat job when you use hood, front bumper, front fenders, and side skirts. The whole purpose behind F having a different body is one distinguish IS-F from standard IS line and two enhance the performance aspect of F.

I, use to own IS350 and would have never have done this to my old IS why would I try this hard to make it look like something it isn't. The IS-F is so much more than just cosmetic aspects of the car it's the motor, transmission, suspension etc. I've seen some awesome custom IS250 and IS350 out there and would have gone that route rather then try to copy IS-F, but to each is own good luck with your car enjoy and drive safe.
Old 04-03-11, 03:57 PM
sweetbird
Pole Position

Their is always someone like davcrz saying don't do it and it's not what I would have done, but don't listen man do what u want with your car, at the end of the day it's your money and ride he is just jelly and feels the need to be a hater.
Old 04-03-11, 04:08 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Clean look! I've never seen the F fender debadged , and it looks really good. Were you going to keep the rear as is or add something to it?
I was going to keep the rear as is, wanted to keep something from the IS250 so people wouldnt think I was actually trying to be an F

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
From the front, it looks exactly like my F. Great job! Now work on that rear bumper..
I would, maybe I'll do a rear diffuser or something

Originally Posted by sweetbird
Man that looks just like an f! Get the back bumper! Car looks sick! Is it a flat white wrap or flat whit paint? Can't tell?
Thanks a ton, it's actually paint, did it 3 years ago before wrap was commonly used :\

Originally Posted by davcrz5
I have the body (minus the rear bumper, not trying to go super copycat). It's an IS250 6MT. Let me know what you think

Hi John, I know you put a lot of work into this and can appreciate time and effort put into your car I know it was very big job. But to me it is kind of super copycat job when you use hood, front bumper, front fenders, and side skirts. The whole purpose behind F having a different body is one distinguish IS-F from standard IS line and two enhance the performance aspect of F.

I, use to own IS350 and would have never have done this to my old IS why would I try this hard to make it look like something it isn't. The IS-F is so much more than just cosmetic aspects of the car it's the motor, transmission, suspension etc. I've seen some awesome custom IS250 and IS350 out there and would have gone that route rather then try to copy IS-F, but to each is own good luck with your car enjoy and drive safe.
That's fine, but seeing that no other hood will fit the fenders and bumper on the ISF I HAD to use, I would have wanted to keep my old hood if I could. As for copycat, do you see any F badges? or a rear bumper with the fake quad tips? No. I simply enjoy the aesthetic of the F, as well as the fact the fenders are almost 2 inches wider on each side. May not be your cup of tea, but this is still far from a "copycat" job. Thank you though for expressing your honest opinion.

Originally Posted by sweetbird
Their is always someone like davcrz saying don't do it and it's not what I would have done, but don't listen man do what u want with your car, at the end of the day it's your money and ride he is just jelly and feels the need to be a hater.
Much appreciated
Old 04-03-11, 06:18 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking "F". I would have thought it was an F just by the front end.
Old 04-04-11, 10:11 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The reason you don't see more IS-F slammed on air bags is because THIS IS A PERFORMANCE CAR!

Mine is slammed but only within reason to keep the car's stance for aggressive driving. It would suck you have to take corners at 30mph so you don't rub just so you can have that VIP look.... :P LOL
Old 04-04-11, 10:43 AM
DS2k
Pole Position

Originally Posted by s4play
The reason you don't see more IS-F slammed on air bags is because THIS IS A PERFORMANCE CAR!

Mine is slammed but only within reason to keep the car's stance for aggressive driving. It would suck you have to take corners at 30mph so you don't rub just so you can have that VIP look.... :P LOL
I am an IS-F owner, and I approve of this message.
Old 04-04-11, 10:48 AM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Looks pretty nice.... Having it that low only means trouble...
Old 04-04-11, 10:51 AM
pc1990
Pole Position

I am not going to say whether I support your decision or not...but the work u put in is awesome, it looks just like an F. If you can get the rear bumper done you could fool anybody. Then you can go to lexus and tell them they forgot to put the v8 in your isf
Old 04-04-11, 10:54 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnMorgan
I have the body (minus the rear bumper, not trying to go super copycat). It's an IS250 6MT. Let me know what you think! (Yes I know, better fitting wheels)

-je
looks good! now turbs the 4GR-FSE to pwn the v8!
Old 04-04-11, 01:39 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 216 Posts

It looks great but too bad it's IS250. You've got no power even to match 350, should've been nicer with 350 engine.
Old 04-04-11, 01:44 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by s4play

I'm not on bags though lol. not a big fan of the VIP look, at least how far the wheels poke out but the car still looks better low. granted I'm not running a fender liner (because that does rub) but I have a great time turning corners at speed.

Originally Posted by jadu
looks good! now turbs the 4GR-FSE to pwn the v8!
Changing the powerplant completely

Originally Posted by dojoman
It looks great but too bad it's IS250. You've got no power even to match 350, should've been nicer with 350 engine.
How about a 2JZ-GTE with a bigger turbo?
Old 04-04-11, 01:48 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

front bumper looks a bit crooked. is that a fitment issue or one too many curb checks?
Old 04-04-11, 01:50 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

A little bit of both haha. The bumper hasn't been the same since a tire fell out of a pickup truck in front of me on the freeway, no time to avoid so I went right over it....

Originally Posted by carlos
front bumper looks a bit crooked. is that a fitment issue or one too many curb checks?

Quick Reply: Even though I don't have the V8...