IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Even though I don't have the V8...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-11, 05:29 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,963 Likes on 2,400 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnMorgan
...How about a 2JZ-GTE with a bigger turbo?
Hope you're ready for a big nightmare. It's coming from a non-CAN, non-BEAN engine management platform.
Old 04-04-11, 05:43 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Hope you're ready for a big nightmare. It's coming from a non-CAN, non-BEAN engine management platform.
The shop Ive become very close with has done many engine swaps, a 2JZ into an rx4, and they're working on a 2JZ swap into an old Benz. Engine management will be handled by someone else, still working the details on that.
Old 04-04-11, 05:47 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,963 Likes on 2,400 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnMorgan
The shop Ive become very close with has done many engine swaps, a 2JZ into an rx4, and they're working on a 2JZ swap into an old Benz. Engine management will be handled by someone else, still working the details on that.
You might want to have them call Lance at Toyomoto before they get too deep in this. He's the only person who has successfully pulled this off we know about, and he started with a very base model 250. If it has anything special in it (nav, memory seats, etc.) you may be in for a real fight to make the rest of the car work. Some of our Miami crew says Lance spent a couple of years sorting this out so he might not be too keen on sharing the details.
Old 04-04-11, 05:50 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You might want to have them call Lance at Toyomoto before they get too deep in this. He's the only person who has successfully pulled this off we know about, and he started with a very base model 250. If it has anything special in it (nav, memory seats, etc.) you may be in for a real fight to make the rest of the car work. Some of our Miami crew says Lance spent a couple of years sorting this out so he might not be too keen on sharing the details.
I actually will be converting the car into a race car, maybe not full spec but almost. The car is gutted from the front seats back. Sparcos or recaros will be the seat choice. Getting an aimsport digidash. It'll be a pretty intense project.
Old 04-05-11, 05:18 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Whats all this talk about power and relating power to the 350 or F? Its his daily driver. It's a 250. Obviously at the time of purchase, his thought was not about power, but about the lexus brand and fairly decent fuel economy from a 250. Don't over analyze.
Old 04-05-11, 05:36 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PurduePete
Whats all this talk about power and relating power to the 350 or F? Its his daily driver. It's a 250. Obviously at the time of purchase, his thought was not about power, but about the lexus brand and fairly decent fuel economy from a 250. Don't over analyze.
His sig may be telling.

To the OP, good luck on the project. It seems like a lot of work, but it would be interesting to see what you could pull off, if it materializes.
Old 04-05-11, 06:41 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great so far. Now you just need a BBK and rear bumper. Thanks for not putting the F emblem on the fenders.
Old 04-05-11, 09:27 AM
cenix
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think it needs the f rear bumper. otherwise, looks great.
Old 04-05-11, 03:50 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PurduePete
Thank you, to put it in perspective the F wasn't out when I got this back in 07, it was my only car at the time, now that I have some other vehicles I can play with this one.

Originally Posted by Shinobi-X
His sig may be telling.

To the OP, good luck on the project. It seems like a lot of work, but it would be interesting to see what you could pull off, if it materializes.
Thank you! I'll try to keep everyone updated as the project comes to light.

Originally Posted by mugenh22a4
Looks great so far. Now you just need a BBK and rear bumper. Thanks for not putting the F emblem on the fenders.
Agreed! Of course, this isn't an F, that would be blasphemy!

Originally Posted by cenix
i think it needs the f rear bumper. otherwise, looks great.
I would but that, and lack of BBK let's people know it's not an F and I'll keep it that way
Old 04-05-11, 03:52 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Looks good!!
Old 04-05-11, 03:53 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TLcoats
Looks good!!
Thank you! I appreciate it
Old 04-05-11, 07:43 PM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pc1990
I am not going to say whether I support your decision or not...but the work u put in is awesome, it looks just like an F. If you can get the rear bumper done you could fool anybody. Then you can go to lexus and tell them they forgot to put the v8 in your isf
The bumper + ISF brakes + V8 sound....then that would fool the semi-trained eye
Old 04-05-11, 07:46 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mugenh22a4
The bumper + ISF brakes + V8 sound....then that would fool the semi-trained eye
lol so true,

but really I didn't post my car in this section to debate whether it's a copycat, or trying to imitate an F, but rather for the aesthetic of what a matte white, really low F might look like for some of you. Just thought some people would appreciate it.
Old 04-06-11, 07:54 PM
niteLEX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks great man! good luck on ur adventure and I hope you can pull it off! Maybe you should have just posted in the 2nd gen forum to avoid this unwanted "heat". Im glad you posted...
Old 04-06-11, 07:59 PM
aly250
Pole Position

That looks sick

Quick Reply: Even though I don't have the V8...