IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISS forged exhaust installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-11, 07:20 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Those wheels look really good on your car.
Old 05-09-11, 07:47 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Hey Fapout, did you get the Sikky headers installed in time? If so, what were your total power gains with the exhaust/header install?

Lastly, how did the competition go?
Old 05-09-11, 08:01 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah definitely want to hear about this and see pics of the install and dyno numbers.
Old 05-10-11, 07:11 AM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well guys. Here's the update. The Import Face-Off in KC was cancelled due to storms. We had a terrible april and a pretty bad May so far here in Missouri. It's just life how we know it, terrible winters, hot summers and rainy springs. Fall is about the only good time of year for us here.

I did get the Sikky headers installed, not without it's challenges though. I've been rolling without first gear for about a month. First when I installed the ISS forged exhaust, I destroyed an O2 sensor housing and bolt so I had to cut the wire on that to get the stock exhaust off. Once I had the new one installed, I had a CEL because I was missing that secondary O2 sensor. For those of you that don't know, a Check Engine Light puts the car in some sort of limp mode. There is no first gear and there is no traction control (which I'll touch on that later).

I then dropped it off at my friends' shop (Adrenaline Motorsports) while I took a two day trip down to my house in Florida. I get a call from them that the headers' O2 sensors are all seized up. After a lot of messing with them, they finally got the headers O2 sensors out. They tell me everything is all good and charge me actually less than what JE charges for the install. They installed the headers, front springs and touched up the fitment of my ISS forged exhaust for $600.

I pick my car up once I'm home from my flight. (I probably shouldn't have drove because first class will get you WRECKED!!!) LOL Once again, this was April and as you have heard about the floods in the midwest, I came home from sunny Florida to stormy St. Louis. I get in the car and start driving. Everything seems all good. 1st gear is back, it sounds loud and mean. I'm about 2 miles away from the shop and ZOINKS!!! CEL comes on, first gear gone, traction control gone. I had to drive 20 miles home in thunderstorms and rain with no traction control on 20" Nitto Invos.

I made it home, but drove very slowly the whole way. The next day I take the car over to the shop, the run the ODBII scan, it's telling us that an O2 sensor in the headers is bad. So I replace ANOTHER O2 sensor. It is what it is. I didn't care about the money. I just wanted this thing to run right. The O2 sensor gets replaced. I go on my merry way. 40 miles later..... CEL! You have to be kidding me right? Nope. The microprocessor from Sikky went bad and had to be replaced, so I sent back the microprocessor snail mail, Sikky was kind of enough to warranty it and they sent back a brand new one.

The good news is that right now, my car has all 8 gears, no check engine lights and sounds like the fury of god and the four horsemen of the apocalypse. LOL

I want to get to the track but STL gateway raceway closed down so the closest ones are KCIR and Lucas Oil Raceway in Indiana. FML.

My wife broke the laptop so I can't upload any video through my ipad. HA! This is just not my month.
Old 05-10-11, 07:25 AM
rhy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Fapout
The good news is that right now, my car has all 8 gears, no check engine lights and sounds like the fury of god and the four horsemen of the apocalypse. LOL
Kickass! You went through a bunch of crap to get there, but don't you feel much better now? Glad things are finally working out.
Old 05-10-11, 07:56 AM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Oh yeah. It's awesome now. I'm going to put together some video and upload on another computer.
Old 05-10-11, 09:43 AM
Steve727
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fapout
Oh yeah. It's awesome now. I'm going to put together some video and upload on another computer.
Can't wait to see it!!
Old 05-10-11, 10:26 AM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

How do you feel about the exhaust sound after the header install? I thought mine was wayyyyy to loud so I installed 2 12" vibrant resonators, but Im still considering doing cats as well.
Old 05-10-11, 12:37 PM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mitch08ISF
How do you feel about the exhaust sound after the header install? I thought mine was wayyyyy to loud so I installed 2 12" vibrant resonators, but Im still considering doing cats as well.
Sometimes I think it's really loud and sometimes I don't. But I absolutely love the sound at redline. It just sounds like a beast. I couldn't imagine losing that sound. I'm considering picking up a CT200h for all of the driving I do for work. Not sure.

There's give and take with everything. A lot of extra horsepower (take), brain turns to mush (give).

Can't win them all!!!
Old 05-10-11, 08:47 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Can't wait for the video!
Old 05-11-11, 12:11 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your situation but glad everything worked out!!! Cant wait to see the photoshoot and hear the vids!
Old 05-11-11, 09:54 PM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Fitment Factory
Sorry to hear about your situation but glad everything worked out!!! Cant wait to see the photoshoot and hear the vids!
It's no fault of you guys. Everything was spot on from your exhaust design!