IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Greddy Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-11, 10:38 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by paperchasi
They did a dyno but didn't post the numbers??
From what I recall when going to the GReddy Blog, it was 16.8 whp and 16.4 rwt, averaged from a number of runs.
Old 06-18-11, 11:17 PM
maying856
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I end up picking up an F, this will be one of my mods
Old 06-18-11, 11:50 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that much gain plus the weight loss
Old 06-18-11, 11:50 PM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

still i cannot justify spending 4K on exhaust.
Old 06-19-11, 07:53 AM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

The sound seems a little muffled compared to the JoeZ exhaust. Then again I'm listening to this through my laptop speakers. I'll be nice to hear both the JoeZ and Greddy side by side...Darshana S...
Old 06-19-11, 09:27 AM
mikefate
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its over $200 per hp. thats insane.
Old 06-19-11, 10:00 AM
paperchasi
Rookie

Originally Posted by Supraman16
The sound seems a little muffled compared to the JoeZ exhaust. Then again I'm listening to this through my laptop speakers. I'll be nice to hear both the JoeZ and Greddy side by side...Darshana S...
Im no expert, but I believe it has to do with the Titanium, which probably affects the way the sound resonates through the piping and into the muffler, resulting in more of a pulsating sound. Where the JoeZ sounds more smooth.
Old 06-19-11, 12:34 PM
Fischy13
Rookie

Originally Posted by WReuroR
How can you say this. There are 100x less IS-F on the road than G35 which means the potential sales market to start with is significantly smaller. They have to make back there cost they put into designing and testing it and to do so they have to sell it at a price based on the estimated sales figures. I can promise you they will never sell even 1/20th as many exhausts as they sell for the G35.
I'm not on board with this comment at all. Greddy already has all the equipment and means to produce such an exhaust. They are not a new start up company incurring massive overhead costs that they need to recover. If I were to build a custom Titanium exhaust and expected only 5 people would buy it, does that mean I should be able to charge $10,000 per set up?

Additionally - just because we drive a more expensive car then a 350 or G35, this doesn't mean a manufacturer should be able to take advantage of people with more money. The cost to produce is the cost to produce. Standard mark up should be applied, not increasing the mark up just because the car the parts are going on is worth more.

Anyways - for what the exhaust is, Im not bashing the price. Its probably in the right range for a Ti set up. Let just hope they plan to offer it in stainless steel for those who like the set up but prefer the lower costs of SS.

Happy fathers day to all those who are!
Old 06-19-11, 12:47 PM
paperchasi
Rookie

Originally Posted by Fischy13
I'm not on board with this comment at all. Greddy already has all the equipment and means to produce such an exhaust. They are not a new start up company incurring massive overhead costs that they need to recover. If I were to build a custom Titanium exhaust and expected only 5 people would buy it, does that mean I should be able to charge $10,000 per set up? If you don't mark up your pricing, Id be willing to bet you won't be in business very long.

Additionally - just because we drive a more expensive car then a 350 or G35, this doesn't mean a manufacturer should be able to take advantage of people with more money. The cost to produce is the cost to produce. Standard mark up should be applied, not increasing the mark up just because the car the parts are going on is worth more. I think you missed the point. The price of this exhaust is similar to those of lower priced vehicles. As somebody also mentioned, you'd have to consider the number of pieces you plan on selling in order to determine pricing, which will lead to acceptable profit margins.

Anyways - for what the exhaust is, Im not bashing the price. Its probably in the right range for a Ti set up. Let just hope they plan to offer it in stainless steel for those who like the set up but prefer the lower costs of SS. The pricing is exactly on par for this type of product. Thats why I was surprised to see all the people complain about the pricing
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 06-19-11, 01:57 PM
Nate008
Pole Position

I think the exhaust looks effing awesome!! I can't lie, I love the Ti burnt tips. I also love the fact that they actuallly give the us an option and can change stock diffuser on a whim. The sound of it, not too sure yet, it may just be the camera making it sound kinda weak.

That being said...I would never buy an exhaust for $4k. If I wanted to I could purchase the exhaust, but I don't feel the need to spend $4k on an exhuast when my car is not a show car. Unless money is really not an issue for you or you are putting your car in shows I don't see why you would pay $4k for an exhaust.

I really hope they come out with a SS version with the Ti burnt tips that way it's actually affordable to "normal" people because I love how this exhaust looks
Old 06-19-11, 02:26 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 28 Posts

Some of the earlier prototypes GReddy tested droned a bit and were too loud according to GReddy officials. Quite a bit of time was spent on tamping down the decibel level of the exhaust and getting a slightly more aggressive than stock, Lexus-like, refined exhaust tone. From what I have been told, GReddy succeeded and then some. The exhaust is not as loud as the competition, which is one of the big selling points for me. I already have two loud and louder hotrods, which is perfect for APU Supras, but loud exhausts are a bit out of character for the IS-F from my current vantage point and how I use my car.

For the younger crowd, and if the "F" is your only hotrod, something louder and more aggressive sounding is likely your cup of tea. I have yet to hear a bad sounding IS-F exhaust so the choices are getting better all the time as more manufacturers enter the IS-F aftermarket.

paperchasi, good post.
Old 06-19-11, 03:20 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

The exhaust looks great! Price is too high for me, but if you guys can afford it, go for it!
Old 06-19-11, 04:29 PM
d1trainee
Pole Position

The exhaust looks/sounds bad a s $%@#. however i wouldnt be interested in paying 4k for it. I could get iss or joe z and pay someone to put burnt tips on and prolly come out ahead.....

Also on that note its a LEXUS!! So why would i want lighter exhaust? Im not stripping the interior and making it a race car were Ill need the 20lbs less weight.
Old 06-19-11, 05:02 PM
mikefate
Lead Lap

Iss with burnt tips is under $2000
Old 06-19-11, 05:14 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefate
Iss with burnt tips is under $2000
Hey, pm me. I'll come and burn your tips for less than that!

Quick Reply: Greddy Exhaust