IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

OEM Replacement: Michelin Pilot Super Sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-11, 12:33 PM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right, but what tire shop did you purchase these at? Im in the market for new tires also and im local.
Originally Posted by MKIV98TT
Someone was asking if my tire shop could ship.
Old 05-19-11, 09:43 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

The best prices I found locally in SoCal was surprisingly Discount Tire Direct and Tire Rack. There's also KE Tire in El Monte but they are cash only. I ended up going with America's tire because I needed the tires right away. America's Tire/Discount Tire is a very reputable place from my experiences and the road hazard warranty they have is very good.
Old 05-20-11, 08:06 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
The best prices I found locally in SoCal was surprisingly Discount Tire Direct and Tire Rack. There's also KE Tire in El Monte but they are cash only. I ended up going with America's tire because I needed the tires right away. America's Tire/Discount Tire is a very reputable place from my experiences and the road hazard warranty they have is very good.
not to mention you have financing options.
Old 05-20-11, 12:21 PM
Fischy13
Rookie

I just bought Pilot Super Sports from Discount Tire Direct, shipped to me here in Canada and got a great deal. OEM sizes.

Ill add my reviews when I get them installed.
Old 05-20-11, 03:52 PM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fischy13
I just bought Pilot Super Sports from Discount Tire Direct, shipped to me here in Canada and got a great deal. OEM sizes.

Ill add my reviews when I get them installed.
hey hey, if you dont mind me asking what did you pay in tax and brokerage
and did they use ups?
im in canada and about to do the same
Old 05-22-11, 11:45 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

So finally got a chance to put some mileage on the new tires yesterday on my way to get the F aligned.

Initial impressions are obvious but right off the bat I noticed the tires are smooth and quieter than the PS2s. Low speed parking lot maneuvering is very stable. Steering feel is good...doesn't feel as if you're fighting the wheel to turn. For you all with NAV, remember to recalibrate your nav system after you have changed your set of tires. More on this coming soon.
Old 05-22-11, 08:35 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

My set just arrived this past Sat. and will have them installed either on Mon or Tues. My last set of Michelin Pilot sports lasted awhile. I could probably squeeze another 1000 miles before I change them. Got a great deal on them
Old 05-22-11, 09:22 PM
lx470man
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So finally got a chance to put some mileage on the new tires yesterday on my way to get the F aligned.

Initial impressions are obvious but right off the bat I noticed the tires are smooth and quieter than the PS2s. Low speed parking lot maneuvering is very stable. Steering feel is good...doesn't feel as if you're fighting the wheel to turn. For you all with NAV, remember to recalibrate your nav system after you have changed your set of tires. More on this coming soon.

What do you mean recalibrate the NAVI after tire install?
also do you have to align the car after new tires?
Old 05-23-11, 08:20 AM
MKIV98TT
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OneSiCkF
Right, but what tire shop did you purchase these at? Im in the market for new tires also and im local.
I had a set of Super Sports installed on Friday. I have only put about 20 miles on them, so it is a little soon to write a review. So far they feel great compared to my OE Bridgestone's. A couple of you were interested in the deal that I got. The shop is in Orange County, CA. Total out the door was a little more then I expected, but still a smoking deal at $1200....includes: SS Tires (factory sizes), Mount, Balance, Install, and Tax.

Company: Tucker Tire Co.
Address: Laguna Niguel, off Crown Valley
Phone: 949-364-3225
Contact: Ask for Brad (he is off on Monday's), tell him that Cort referred you.

Sorry, but they will not ship.
Old 05-24-11, 05:36 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Well, I had the SUpersports installed today . I have only driven 10 miles with them, but I can tell immediately that the ride quality is much better than my previous Pilot sports.

Since the tires are new my first impressions are, they are quiet, smooth and grip well. With any NEW rubber compound strapped unto the rims and fresh balancing the front end feel solid and well........balanced!!!!!!!

I will know more when I do the morning commute, see if I can do 80+ MPH and take them thru there paces. I will probably stop by the dealership and have them align the vehicle!!!

More to come......
Old 05-24-11, 07:00 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my pilot super sports installed today also. So far I only did city driving on the rough streets of North Miami and Miami Beach, so I can't comment on performance yet.

As context my previous tires were Michelin PS2s with >50% tread remaining so my comparison will be back to back against a fully functional PS2 not a worn out PS2.

So far I echo others comments. They seem very quiet. Ride quality is noticeably better than PS2 - I would say ride quality feels similar to Michelin Primacy - which is a huge statement but that's what it feels like. The tires also seem more responsive on turn-in which bodes very well.
Old 05-25-11, 08:48 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by *Batman*
I had my pilot super sports installed today also. So far I only did city driving on the rough streets of North Miami and Miami Beach, so I can't comment on performance yet.

As context my previous tires were Michelin PS2s with >50% tread remaining so my comparison will be back to back against a fully functional PS2 not a worn out PS2.

So far I echo others comments. They seem very quiet. Ride quality is noticeably better than PS2 - I would say ride quality feels similar to Michelin Primacy - which is a huge statement but that's what it feels like. The tires also seem more responsive on turn-in which bodes very well.
Did you install these tires on your IS F because Michelin Primacy's only come on a GS.
Old 05-25-11, 10:45 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

For you all with NAV, remember to recalibrate your nav system after you have changed your set of tires. More on this coming soon.
Please keep us up to speed on this item. I will need to put new shoes on after I get back from my honeymoon (in 3 weeks), so any extra words of advice are much appreciated. TIA!
Old 05-25-11, 12:00 PM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Not sure if this is only in California or nationwide but Costco is giving $70 off towards the purchase of any set of 4 Michelin tires. I looked online and could not find the Michelin Pilot Super Sports but maybe they carry them in-store. Hope this helps.
Old 05-25-11, 12:18 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you install these tires on your IS F because Michelin Primacy's only come on a GS.
Reread my post. I think you mis-read it. You will note it says I installed Michelin Pilot Sports on the first line, and doesn't say anything about an IS F.

Quick Reply: OEM Replacement: Michelin Pilot Super Sport