IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Wheel Touch Up Paint from Sewell

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-11, 04:02 PM
J2K
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^ Looks a little too much on the Silverish side...

Not too sure what it could be..

It should be a Dark Gray similar to 1G0 - Smoky Granite Mica

Maybe some of the other memmbers can post pics of their "touch up" results...

Joe Z
Here is a quick pic of my wheel that I used the touch up paint on. The chip was small and this picture honestly doesn't do the color justice. When I look at it close up with the naked eye, the color looks near perfect.
Attached Thumbnails Wheel Touch Up Paint from Sewell-imag0053.jpg   Wheel Touch Up Paint from Sewell-imag0054.jpg  
Old 03-27-12, 05:15 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 76 Likes on 27 Posts

Sorry to bump an old thread, but my search on this topic was as inconclusive as things appear to be in this thread. Does anyone have any updated, more definitive information on this topic? I have a brand new set of wheels that I would like to match exactly to the color and finish of the 2010 OEM wheels. My wheel supplier has provided me two metal samples and one powdercoat sample on paper. Of the three samples, the Phantom Grey Pearl appears to be very close to the OEM color, although it is more metallic looking than the OEM wheel. The OEM wheel has a satin/pearl-like finish and this is the look I am after. To my old eyes, at least, the Phantom Grey Pearl would virtually match the OEM color if it was less metallic and contained a more pearl/satin-lke finish. I am waiting on a couple of more new samples, but this has already gone on much, much longer than I anticipated. Any thoughts, ideas or proposed solutions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-27-12, 08:11 PM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

There is no exact paint matching code for the wheels from Toyota. I've tried the ones mentioned here (from Sewell) and others manufacturers; the paint never matches since no one knows what the paint code is.

Originally Posted by KJH
Sorry to bump an old thread, but my search on this topic was as inconclusive as things appear to be in this thread. Does anyone have any updated, more definitive information on this topic? I have a brand new set of wheels that I would like to match exactly to the color and finish of the 2010 OEM wheels. My wheel supplier has provided me two metal samples and one powdercoat sample on paper. Of the three samples, the Phantom Grey Pearl appears to be very close to the OEM color, although it is more metallic looking than the OEM wheel. The OEM wheel has a satin/pearl-like finish and this is the look I am after. To my old eyes, at least, the Phantom Grey Pearl would virtually match the OEM color if it was less metallic and contained a more pearl/satin-lke finish. I am waiting on a couple of more new samples, but this has already gone on much, much longer than I anticipated. Any thoughts, ideas or proposed solutions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-27-12, 09:14 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 76 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by itsmike177
There is no exact paint matching code for the wheels from Toyota. I've tried the ones mentioned here (from Sewell) and others manufacturers; the paint never matches since no one knows what the paint code is.
Understood, but guys have had wheels damaged in this, and another, thread and the dealer paid to have the wheels repaired. If there is no matching paint, and the dealer is fixing the offending wheel, how is it the corrective work is not noticeable on the previously damaged wheel? I think it's safe to assume the dealer is not having all four wheels painted to ensure a perfect match. What am I missing here? TIA,
Old 03-28-12, 10:13 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im wondering the same thing I was about to order this but some people say it matches and others (obviously from the pics) do not. This touch up looks more like the color on the F sport wheels which was a little bit lighter in color compared to the ISF wheels I have slight curbage on the outside of two rear wheels that I want to touch up.
Old 04-01-12, 06:51 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Canadian 2008 Lexus ISF and I'm not to sure if the wheels are different in the US but I have spent some money on trial and error finding a paint that matches my rim color. I have looked to order the one from sewels but instead decided to try a brand Dupli-Color. I bought several bottles of paint from Canadian Tire narrowing my choice to one paint code. I'm very happy with the match, cost $10, I don't have a picture but here is the link to the product. --NG CC 414 Graphite Met Chrysler--

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...1142&ppt=C0255
Old 09-29-12, 07:53 PM
Endgame
Driver

Originally Posted by Compthis
I have a Canadian 2008 Lexus ISF and I'm not to sure if the wheels are different in the US but I have spent some money on trial and error finding a paint that matches my rim color. I have looked to order the one from sewels but instead decided to try a brand Dupli-Color. I bought several bottles of paint from Canadian Tire narrowing my choice to one paint code. I'm very happy with the match, cost $10, I don't have a picture but here is the link to the product. --NG CC 414 Graphite Met Chrysler--

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...1142&ppt=C0255

Sorry for the ressurection... Compthis - Can you post pics? I would like to see how this turned out....
Old 10-01-12, 01:13 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Endgame
Sorry for the ressurection... Compthis - Can you post pics? I would like to see how this turned out....
PM me your email and I will send you pics
Old 04-23-13, 04:44 PM
frotiss
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guy where can I get a touch up paint and code for the 08 wheels thanks
Old 04-23-13, 10:37 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,900 Likes on 1,340 Posts

^^^^Go back and check out the first page of this thread. It's Toyota paint code 1E3. I bought my tube of DuplColor from Pep Boys.

Lou
Old 04-24-13, 10:48 AM
frotiss
Lead Lap

Thanks if I go to Pep Boys is there a number or color should I ask for
Old 04-24-13, 10:59 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Yes, as it says in the post above yours, Toyota Paint Code 1E3.

Lou
Old 04-24-13, 11:08 AM
frotiss
Lead Lap

yes I saw it but the Duplcolor is it the same code
Old 04-24-13, 11:22 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Yes it is.

Lou
Old 08-12-13, 04:00 PM
spddemon
Pole Position

Well I had a run in with a curb this past weekend while in CT. I just wanted to see if anyone has repaired and touched up their wheels lately? Maybe some before and after pics. It's not too deep, I may just be able to smooth the rough area down with sandpaper. Then touch up with the duplicate-color or 1E3 Toyota. All advice is welcome.

Wheel Touch Up Paint from Sewell-image-2157360020.jpg

Quick Reply: Wheel Touch Up Paint from Sewell