IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Small Changes == More Pix

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-11, 01:43 PM
eXstasy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car. As a fellow USB owner, I like it. I have one question though.

You seem to have gone through the trouble to change all of the chrome surfaces of the car to black/matte, even the strips around the windows, which I like... but then you decided to put on chrome lipped wheels. Is there any particular reason for this? It seems to go against the theme.
Old 06-01-11, 03:13 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by primecut
That's an interesting point. Well, I know the argument is that you drive with your plate exposed anyways, so why cover it up in pix... My take is that having random people see your car while driving, without any context, is a bit different than having random people see your car on forums where it is linked to your username. They can get your post history, mod list, location etc. It's the combination of information that makes it a good precaution to limit exposed information on the web.
makes sense... to each his own...

back on point... car looks GREAT!!!
Old 06-01-11, 04:05 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey thank you very much for the comments guys. Yea, the rear is Ventross/Vorsteiner, and the headlight housings are painted (ExclusiveIS made me do it! haha). I did retain all the deflectors in the housing for a more OEM look. The headlights are clear bra'd so in the pictures they are very glossy... far more so than in person. I'm still trying to figure that one out with a polarizer but it seems like it's a common problem with car photos.

That's an interesting point. Well, I know the argument is that you drive with your plate exposed anyways, so why cover it up in pix... My take is that having random people see your car while driving, without any context, is a bit different than having random people see your car on forums where it is linked to your username. They can get your post history, mod list, location etc. It's the combination of information that makes it a good precaution to limit exposed information on the web.

Told you it would look bad *** though man!!!!!
Old 06-01-11, 04:10 PM
MiiK350
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very Nice. Very Simple. Great job!
Old 06-01-11, 07:46 PM
shot
Rookie

nice pics and hot blu F!
Old 06-02-11, 10:01 AM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eXstasy
Nice car. As a fellow USB owner, I like it. I have one question though.

You seem to have gone through the trouble to change all of the chrome surfaces of the car to black/matte, even the strips around the windows, which I like... but then you decided to put on chrome lipped wheels. Is there any particular reason for this? It seems to go against the theme.
Nice observation, actually something that I thought about as I was modding. I was going to black out the body pieces either way, it just looks cleaner that way with or without the wheels. As for the wheels, these are one of my favorites, and they dont' come with anything other than anodized aluminum lips (Not chrome! ) so I figure I'd roll with these until I get bored, and maybe I'll powercoat to gloss black lips. But I don't want to go with a trend that may not last, cuz it's very hard to go back to anodized lips after you paint over them.

What do you guys think? Should I stick with the wheels as-is, or go with a matte black center/gloss black lip down the line?
Old 06-02-11, 11:33 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

the F is clean and nice camera
Old 06-02-11, 12:19 PM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

amazing shots, my favotite ISF color..
Old 06-02-11, 12:31 PM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Your car looks beautiful and the pictures were done nicely. I really like the black and blue combo.

What do you guys think? Should I stick with the wheels as-is, or go with a matte black center/gloss black lip down the line?
They are good looking wheels, it would be a shame to hide that nice step lip with black paint.. but on the other hand, fully black wheels would probably look best on the car overall. Up close, in person, the lip would probably still pop with gloss black. I say paint them when you start itching to freshen the car up, it will be like having a new set of wheels on.
Old 06-02-11, 02:26 PM
robbys3m3
Driver

im a huge fan of blacking everything out and love your window trim, etc... with that said, i think the lip contrast is nice touch to the car.
Old 06-02-11, 09:35 PM
8gears
Driver School Candidate

Hotness
Old 06-02-11, 09:53 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pics look amazing prime. Definitely one of the hotter F's out there.
Old 06-02-11, 10:49 PM
MDRracing
Rookie

Sick pics, what camera and lens are you using?
Old 06-03-11, 05:47 AM
paperchasi
Rookie

Originally Posted by MDRracing
+2...I was going to ask the same thing...
Old 06-03-11, 11:53 AM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks again for the comments. Yea, I'm probably going to leave it as-is until I really want to change it up. I did some chops with blacking out the lip and it looked more aggressive, but didn't really look *better*. I'll post it up so you guys can see.

Originally Posted by MDRracing
I'm using lower end noob gear.. ha ha. Olympus EPL-1 with 14-42 kit lens. Let's just say I'm far better at post processing than I'm at photography. Hopefully that'll change with more practice...

Quick Reply: Small Changes == More Pix