IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Custom exhaust need to insights.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-11, 04:00 PM
GenuineKid
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom exhaust need some insights.

So i found a local exhaust/performance shop, and got quoted a decent price where i can't let this pass by. Some questions, it seems like there needs to be a X in the mid-pipe, also what types of mufflers will fit? It seems like joe-z uses magnaflows? correct me if im wrong, also should i put in high-flow cats? if so what kind?

Last edited by GenuineKid; 06-11-11 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-10-11, 04:16 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Sorry we do not use "Magnaflows"... The mufflers we use are manufactured and bulit to our specs by a different company..

We could make them from scratch like we do on our resonators, but there is a lot more work involved.

The local exhaust shop you are going to use, should be measuring up the space for mufflers and where to put an X. (if you decide on that)

Secondary CATs are something you may or may not want on your system.
Available known manufacuters would be Random Tech, MagnaFlow, etc etc.

Good Luck

~ Joe Z
Old 06-10-11, 05:23 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I cant believe your going to get a full custom exhaust nicer than Borla for much less than a $1000. Buying x pipe, and magnaflow mufflers
Old 06-10-11, 06:10 PM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vibrant exhaust parts are great, but I too went Joe Z 'cause I got a great deal and it fit perfectly. It still cost more than a new borla, but the shiny stainless was worth it.

~Dv8
Old 06-11-11, 11:52 AM
GenuineKid
Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Sorry we do not use "Magnaflows"... The mufflers we use are manufactured and bulit to our specs by a different company..

We could make them from scratch like we do on our resonators, but there is a lot more work involved.

The local exhaust shop you are going to use, should be measuring up the space for mufflers and where to put an X. (if you decide on that)

Secondary CATs are something you may or may not want on your system.
Available known manufacuters would be Random Tech, MagnaFlow, etc etc.

Good Luck

~ Joe Z
thanks for your input, much appreciated.

and when you mean measuring up the space, does the placement of the X pipe make a significant difference? or will it be fine where most people place them?
Old 06-11-11, 02:32 PM
jchong
Driver

You should just get the JoeZ. It is the greatest thing since sliced bread lol
Old 06-11-11, 02:55 PM
IsFast3r
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea seems like too much to go through when you can just get the proven Joe Z and call it a day... IMHO
Old 06-11-11, 03:59 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

im going to say the location of the x pipe does matter
Old 06-11-11, 04:09 PM
DLJ
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dv8tion388
Vibrant exhaust parts are great, but I too went Joe Z 'cause I got a great deal and it fit perfectly. It still cost more than a new borla, but the shiny stainless was worth it.

~Dv8
I noticed that when I saw the videos on youtube of the folks that had Joe Z exhausts, the sounds from the exhausts sounded "non-resonated". Is it safe to assume that they are non-res and if so, do you know if they are offered in resonated. None of the venders that market the Joe Z products specify one way or another.
Old 06-11-11, 04:49 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,351 Posts

^^^^Read post 2 above, the second line All JoeZ exhausts have resonators.

Lou
Old 06-11-11, 05:06 PM
darbs242
Racer

You should read up on whats available before you jump into making an exhaust... Not trying to be a dic* but it doesn't seem like you have to much experience with building race products...
Old 06-11-11, 05:32 PM
GenuineKid
Driver

Originally Posted by darbs242
You should read up on whats available before you jump into making an exhaust... Not trying to be a dic* but it doesn't seem like you have to much experience with building race products...
Yeah I know, I'm just trying to see my options. Doing some research but I mean I guess we'll see. I wish there was more options (exhaust) and not cost an arm and leg. Joe z is priced fairly, but other systems just seem pricey. But in the end this is my opionion.
Old 06-11-11, 07:59 PM
DLJ
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
^^^^Read post 2 above, the second line All JoeZ exhausts have resonators.

Lou
Ah! Thanks tool-bag. You could've done without the "Uhh-face"
Old 06-11-11, 10:18 PM
darbs242
Racer

Originally Posted by GenuineKid
Yeah I know, I'm just trying to see my options. Doing some research but I mean I guess we'll see. I wish there was more options (exhaust) and not cost an arm and leg. Joe z is priced fairly, but other systems just seem pricey. But in the end this is my opionion.
For a 1100 bucks the full Borla defiantly is nice, if you can find one wholesale its like 950, for a nice full duel exhaust your not going to get a much better deal. You also have Joe Z, ISS forged, HKS, Icode, Royal Mufflers makes a sick custom exhaust, Greddy Ti coming soon. Borla and Tanabe have axel backs plus I think there are a few more axel back options. If you do go custom please dont go to some hack muffler shop... You get what you pay for with performance parts... You didnt cheap out when you bought an IS-F

Last edited by darbs242; 06-11-11 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-12-11, 01:51 AM
GenuineKid
Driver

Originally Posted by darbs242
For a 1100 bucks the full Borla defiantly is nice, if you can find one wholesale its like 950, for a nice full duel exhaust your not going to get a much better deal. You also have Joe Z, ISS forged, HKS, Icode, Royal Mufflers makes a sick custom exhaust, Greddy Ti coming soon. Borla and Tanabe have axel backs plus I think there are a few more axel back options. If you do go custom please dont go to some hack muffler shop... You get what you pay for with performance parts... You didnt cheap out when you bought an IS-F
haha i know. I acutally called Royal mufflers, since its near by, they quoted me 2400$.. at that point i would just purchase a ISS. My goal is to do Quad like the ISS, just trying to find the mufflers that would fit.

Any suggestions from anyone? looking to put quad exhaust (brand?)

Quick Reply: Custom exhaust need to insights.