IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Fake IS F conversion parts!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-11, 03:08 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Those exhaust tips look terrible, if they're the actual pics.

But on top of the bumpers, there are a lot more things they'd need to change to fool a seasoned car guy... fenders, hood, brakes, tail lights, rims, rear spoiler, at least. But for all that expense might as well sell the damn car and pick up a used '08 for the real thing!
Old 06-15-11, 03:25 PM
Blacky
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will the front fender match up with the ISF front bar?

I thought the ISF had pump wheel arches and hence this would effect the bar to fender fit up at that point?
Old 06-15-11, 03:36 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Blacky
Will the front fender match up with the ISF front bar?

I thought the ISF had pump wheel arches and hence this would effect the bar to fender fit up at that point?
This Ebay Kit is made to only work on an IS250 / IS350..

It states: " Does NOT fit on IS-F Model "

Joe Z
Old 06-15-11, 05:14 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

This is like putting M3 badges on your 328i or AMG on c240 .... A month after it was done your would be thinking Im not cool and everyone knows it ... haha. Not to mention you would destroy your ISx50's value by doing this. Forget how cheap it looks How much was the kit anyway?
Old 06-15-11, 05:46 PM
airvtec
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL, if you built it....they will come. I wonder how many people will convert their rides?
Old 06-15-11, 08:05 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw one on YouTube where a guy had the full on conversion kit, all the way down to the fenders and the hood. I'll admit that it looked good, but with how much time & money he put into the conversion he probably could have sold his IS250 and bought a used IS-F instead.
Old 06-15-11, 08:13 PM
non_silvia
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks horrible. the exhaust tips are a joke!
Old 06-15-11, 08:42 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I've seen a few ISx50s with the IS F bumper conversions. The time they took to convert to make it look like an F is admirable, and with the OEM parts as well. It may not be an F, but it is their rides. It's gonna be an awful feeling when those owners face the likes of the M3 and C63, though.

And those exhaust tips look like a knockoff from Pep Boys.
Old 06-16-11, 08:15 AM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Originally Posted by darbs242
This is like putting M3 badges on your 328i or AMG on c240 .... A month after it was done your would be thinking Im not cool and everyone knows it ... haha. Not to mention you would destroy your ISx50's value by doing this. Forget how cheap it looks How much was the kit anyway?
+ 2 Joe and darbs242, IMO this is fail across board no matter how good the fit and finish may be it's not the real thing. Like darbs stated it's " like putting M3 badges on your 328i or AMG on c240 ...." I owned ISx50 before purchasing my IS-F and never once did it cross my mind to do something like this, when you have so many other option when it comes to customize your ride. Why try to portray something your not. One of cool things about being F owner is know it's unique car in sense that you don't see them every day but to have bunch of poser running playing dress up just seem wrong to me. OK time for me to get off my soap box lol.
Old 06-16-11, 09:38 AM
IsFast3r
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I know is if you pull up next to my F with your imitation conversion kit.... I'll show you what the REAL difference is between our cars vroom vroommm
Old 06-16-11, 11:15 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by darbs242
I don't see the problem with IS250/350 owners doing the conversion...it's just a body kit. Now if they add IS-F badging to the car, now that's just a poser
Old 06-16-11, 01:00 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
I don't see the problem with IS250/350 owners doing the conversion...it's just a body kit. Now if they add IS-F badging to the car, now that's just a poser
I see in your sig that you own a beautiful M3 vert, so it wouldn't annoy you if someone took 328 vert and put M3 hood, bumpers, fenders, side skirts, wheels and let say aftermarket dual exhaust ? I know these are the physical traits that 90% of most enthusiast use to identify it as M3. Even without badging most people would assume that it was just debadged M3 that maybe owner was looking for cleaner look. Most people that see my car from distant or while moving will say they new it was IS-F because they saw rear quad exhaust or they saw the front fender and bumper. The outer appearance of both of these car is striking and what differentiates them from there standard model brethren, even with out badging most poeple would assume it was M3 or IS-F. Enjoy that beautiful M3 vert that one of nicest convertable out right now.
Old 06-16-11, 01:42 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by davcrz5
I see in your sig that you own a beautiful M3 vert, so it wouldn't annoy you if someone took 328 vert and put M3 hood, bumpers, fenders, side skirts, wheels and let say aftermarket dual exhaust ? I know these are the physical traits that 90% of most enthusiast use to identify it as M3. Even without badging most people would assume that it was just debadged M3 that maybe owner was looking for cleaner look. Most people that see my car from distant or while moving will say they new it was IS-F because they saw rear quad exhaust or they saw the front fender and bumper. The outer appearance of both of these car is striking and what differentiates them from there standard model brethren, even with out badging most poeple would assume it was M3 or IS-F. Enjoy that beautiful M3 vert that one of nicest convertable out right now.
If you look at various threads on E90post, you'll see that numerous 328/335 owners have added M3 body parts to their cars. Same thing on MB World where E350/550 owners have installed AMG E63 parts on their rides. Does it bother me? Sure, a little, but I guess I'm jaded now. Seems that almost every S550 or E350 I see on the road has as an AMG badge.

But like I said earlier, I can understand why people want AMG/M/F body parts...they look great. But I cannot understand those owners who decide to stick on AMG/M/F badging to their non AMG/M/F cars....no engine, no badge. These are the people who probably buy fake watches, wallets or purses... champagne tastes on a beer budget

Enjoy your IS-F...what a great car. And relatively rare compared to all the M3s and C63s I see everyday!
Old 06-16-11, 02:11 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This kit is better than OEM for those who want to use it. There is a kid in the same community where I live who went through the hasle of converting his IS250 to ISF-wanna-be. I saw the whole process, ISF OEM parts don't fit correctly on ISx50 cars, he had to do lots of work in order to make it look right.
Old 06-16-11, 02:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

here's what i think i don't have problem of having isf parts on regular is. it's not much different than having body kits.

just look at mb e class and s class. most people say that those cars need to have the amg package (which includes aero) to look right and that's an option from factory. a lot of people on cl think the same too. i have also seen a lot of 3 series dressing up like the m3, it's their choice

my problem is the company knocking off factory bumpers as their "style", that is a problem in my eyes

Quick Reply: Fake IS F conversion parts!