IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Nitrous Express Proton and SAFE Cell Install

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-11, 09:15 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What A/F do u average on bottle?? And your spark plugs?
Old 07-01-11, 09:29 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mitch08ISF
Remember the pump on the safe cell is not like taping into the fuel rail as far as psi. Basically NX came up with the recommended jets and they change depending on your solenoid as well. So keep in mind we may have different solenoid orifices depending on your model.

The only thing I can do is go up and down using custom combinations as long as the engine and a/f reflect the numbers your ok. I was super Rich today, low 10s ....
What A/F do u average on bottle?? And your spark plugs?
The jets shouldnt change much due to solenoid model. Though solenoid orifices vary, the jet is really what makes the big difference. Ill send you a PM with the other info.
Old 07-02-11, 12:52 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
The jets shouldnt change much due to solenoid model. Though solenoid orifices vary, the jet is really what makes the big difference. Ill send you a PM with the other info.
Bump For more install pics posted!
Also installed the red top optima in the trunk today!

Gtr Motor getting built....

Shot at 2011-07-02

Shot at 2011-07-02

Last edited by Mitch08ISF; 07-02-11 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-02-11, 02:38 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Vid as promised.
100 shot testing vid, running very rich and 800psi bottle. 457/495
http://youtu.be/_kJV3sa3Fo8
Old 07-04-11, 04:47 PM
rrehovich
Driver School Candidate

The car can run grear on a 200 shot. Just make sure that you have no cats and proper fuel. MS109 works great in our cars and is strong in the 4-5 gears where the car runs rich. C16/Q16 will also work but the tuning is a bit tricky.

Its because the boxes are low quality. Happens to just about all of them.
When the solenoids fail do they fail with the valves open or closed? Also, do these kits usually contain individual solenoids for the fuel and NOS. If so, and the fuel fails but the NOS is still jetting, wouldn't this be very dangerous? Do the NOS manufactures build some kind of protection mechanism into these kits to protect against this kind of kit failure?
Old 07-04-11, 04:52 PM
rrehovich
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by darbs242
My Zex box did the exact same thing, they are sending me a new one asap. It would fire once then once the line had pressure it would stick... Why is this happening on brand new control boxes?
Hey Darbs,

Let us know how everything works out with the Zex kit. Your initial setback has me concerned about the reliability of these kits and their safety. I was considering getting one, but I want to follow how yours works out first.
Old 07-05-11, 05:30 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rrehovich
When the solenoids fail do they fail with the valves open or closed? Also, do these kits usually contain individual solenoids for the fuel and NOS. If so, and the fuel fails but the NOS is still jetting, wouldn't this be very dangerous? Do the NOS manufactures build some kind of protection mechanism into these kits to protect against this kind of kit failure?
The Nitrous solenoid failed OPEN for me, leaving me very pissed about what happened.Nitrous slowly leaked through the solenoid and into my intake manifold while the car was off. The next time i started the car, the motor instantly went to 5.5k RPM. From that day on ive switched to bigger NOS solenoids and haven't had a problem since.

The kit contained individual solenoids inside the box. The fuel solenoid worked great and never failed like its nitrous counterpart.
Old 07-05-11, 08:48 AM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Mitch, build is looking awesome. Once you have everything done and final. Can you post up or PM the recipe because this is exactly where I want to go with mine.
Old 07-05-11, 10:37 AM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Fapout
Hey Mitch, build is looking awesome. Once you have everything done and final. Can you post up or PM the recipe because this is exactly where I want to go with mine.
Sure thing! I'm having to upgrade the line from the nx solenoid to the shark nozzle from a -3 to -4 so i can run 175-200 shot. Everything is fine on the car now and runs great, but I truly believe it will take 175-200+ to hit a 10 sec pass.
Old 07-05-11, 10:38 AM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

The Nitrous solenoid failed OPEN for me, leaving me very pissed about what happened.Nitrous slowly leaked through the solenoid and into my intake manifold while the car was off. The next time i started the car, the motor instantly went to 5.5k RPM. From that day on ive switched to bigger NOS solenoids and haven't had a problem since.

The kit contained individual solenoids inside the box. The fuel solenoid worked great and never failed like its nitrous counterpart.
Wow thats horrible! One reason I keep bottle shut all the time, but it could still happen at the track or on garage depending on how fast leak was.
Old 07-05-11, 02:27 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Sure thing! I'm having to upgrade the line from the nx solenoid to the shark nozzle from a -3 to -4 so i can run 175-200 shot. Everything is fine on the car now and runs great, but I truly believe it will take 175-200+ to hit a 10 sec pass.
You'll learn soon that you dont need anywhere near that.
Wow thats horrible! One reason I keep bottle shut all the time, but it could still happen at the track or on garage depending on how fast leak was.
It was a huge mistake. Went to watch the Dyno day during Tx2k and when i came back... vroom... WTF

Going to try and hit 10s tomorrow with a full pass...
Old 07-05-11, 03:19 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

You'll learn soon that you dont need anywhere near that.

It was a huge mistake. Went to watch the Dyno day during Tx2k and when i came back... vroom... WTF

SWEET!! GOOD LUCK!! Are you going to do it with less than what we talked about through pm's? I thought 175-200 was needed....Whats different now? So you dont think I should upgrade to the SHO LINE?
Old 07-05-11, 03:46 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

SWEET!! GOOD LUCK!! Are you going to do it with less than what we talked about through pm's? I thought 175-200 was needed....Whats different now? So you dont think I should upgrade to the SHO LINE?
Yes far less. Ill send you a pm.
Old 07-05-11, 08:29 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Freaking awesome Thread!!! Thanks for all the great info and step by step of how things are going for you.
Old 07-06-11, 07:30 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Go get it Slay!!!! Cannot wait to hear back about your times!

Quick Reply: Nitrous Express Proton and SAFE Cell Install