IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Nitto NT05 On My F

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-11, 11:24 PM
thainsane
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitto NT05 On My F

Anyway had to get new tires. Oh course when do we not need tires on an f? Anywho so far I have driven around 200 miles both highway and in town and taken a lot of turns very fast. To me truthfully, there not harsh at all. Maybe due to fact I'm young. I don't know. Upgraded from stock size on Bridgestones to 275 in the rear and fronts to 245. I think they grip more then the Bridgestones but not too much you can't get sideways. You probably like why did he get these for daily driving? He's as mad as he paints. Lol. Well I don't daily drive my f, its more of a weekly treat. Anyways the long of the short in my mind these are a great tire IF you don't daily drive your car, you live in a place that doesn't snow, has a lot of corners and you don't want to spend an arm and a leg for high priced alternatives. My personal opinion.

Tread

fronts

Rear
Old 06-28-11, 08:35 PM
seimsag
Driver School Candidate

Default Nittos

Nice. Very aggressive tread pattern. I live in So Cal and only drive my F on the weekends, so these look good. If you dont mind my asking, how much did you pay for them?
Old 06-29-11, 04:01 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone correct me if wrong, but the general consensus is that Nitto tires are "2nd-rate" sports tires, especially for the F. They look cool as heck and are competitively priced, but they're not well regarded with quality/design. No disrespect to anyone who has them, just trying to add to the info.

But yeah, the tread pattern looks cool as heck and at times $ does make a decision easier....
Old 06-29-11, 04:52 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,982 Likes on 2,410 Posts

What do you mean by "fast corners?" Are these photos pre- or post- driving them hard? They don't look like they've really been put to the test yet in these shots.
Old 07-01-11, 05:53 PM
spekterg35
Rookie

Originally Posted by PurduePete
Someone correct me if wrong, but the general consensus is that Nitto tires are "2nd-rate" sports tires, especially for the F. They look cool as heck and are competitively priced, but they're not well regarded with quality/design. No disrespect to anyone who has them, just trying to add to the info.

But yeah, the tread pattern looks cool as heck and at times $ does make a decision easier....
My performance tire experience spans the entire spectrum. At any given time i've run Michelin, Bridgestone, Goodyear, Pirelli, Falken or Nitto. Right now im running the Nitto 555 extremes on my G35 and ISF. The 555s have consistently lasted 22000+miles with no rotation on -2.5 camber on the G35. This includes Track days and autocross. On my z06, the NT05s put me within a second of the top runners at autocross using race tires. So far very impressed. Better performance than any of my other tires at a significant cost difference.
Old 07-02-11, 06:30 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Are the tires quiet? Any humming? Keep us posted as you rack up the miles.
Old 07-02-11, 09:16 PM
thainsane
Rookie

Originally Posted by caymandive
Are the tires quiet? Any humming? Keep us posted as you rack up the miles.
If you don't like the humming you'll hate these. There loud but I'm young and care less. So far about 700 miles and love them. Girlfriend and me both agree the side wall is stiffer then the last tires and grip is a little better too. I have driven over 150 in a straight line with them no problem and my rule of thumb is two times the recommended speed in the corners with no problem. No driving in the rain yet so don't ask me about that.
Old 07-02-11, 09:18 PM
thainsane
Rookie

Originally Posted by seimsag
Nice. Very aggressive tread pattern. I live in So Cal and only drive my F on the weekends, so these look good. If you dont mind my asking, how much did you pay for them?
I believe 1095 out the door installed at discount tire.
Old 07-03-11, 07:35 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by spekterg35
My performance tire experience spans the entire spectrum. At any given time i've run Michelin, Bridgestone, Goodyear, Pirelli, Falken or Nitto. Right now im running the Nitto 555 extremes on my G35 and ISF. The 555s have consistently lasted 22000+miles with no rotation on -2.5 camber on the G35. This includes Track days and autocross. On my z06, the NT05s put me within a second of the top runners at autocross using race tires. So far very impressed. Better performance than any of my other tires at a significant cost difference.
+1

I too run them on my Z06 (track car). Grip is amazing. Cant ask more with regards to cost & tread wear.