IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Is this a good deal?? help me decide on car

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-11, 12:51 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by melbitoast
Why has the used car market price increased? The retail cost of the car has gone unchanged (still $65k), so how does the used price increase? The only logical explanation for this is supply/demand curve.
New Lexus inventory nationwide is depleted from the aftereffects of the Japan quake & tsunami. Its a domino effect. Since no Lexus dealers have the supply of new cars they normally have, they have to sell more pre-owned to help suffice the lack of sales of new cars. We kind of went into this on this particular thread.
Old 06-22-11, 12:54 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
The only difference I know of between the 08 and 09 is the black finish around the navi ,as opposed to the 08 gray trim
There are more differences than that. Here are the changes from 08 to 09:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-interior.html

Originally Posted by Flipside909

For 2009, Lexus is offering a 3rd interior color option for the performance beast, the IS F. Terra Cotta will accompany the all Black w/blue stitching, the Alpine White/Black combo w/blue stitching. Terra Cotta cannot be mistaken with the other 2 IS F colors as it will also have the same contrasting blue stitching on the black surfaces, but have black stitching on the Terra Cotta. You will find this color accenting all 4 seat positions in the center sections including the lower section of the steering wheel.

Piano black has made it's way to the center cluster face of the Navigation, HVAC and Radio controls. Chrome accent hugs the nav screen and clock areas. Newly styled center upper vents sit atop the center nav cluster. New revised buttons accompany the sides of the nav screen which give the 09 interior a more luxurious feel. New toggle moonroof controls replace the euro-style circular controls of previous and the power window and lock buttons attain a new look, very to what you see in the 3rd generation GS. The power mirror switch is now illuminated, so you can change mirror positions in the dark without having to squint and turn on a light. Deleted is the chrome accent on the door trim panel hand grab and refinished with a gloss piano black finish. Many have complained in the past that the center console DC plug and Aux in ports were mounted too high for cell phone adapters and pheriperhals. Because of this, it was almost impossible to close the center console armrest when these items were in use. To fix that, designers finally dropped the DC plug and Aux In ports about an inch lower to accomodate the length of the adapter plugs. Now you can charge your phone or Ipod and still make use of the convenient center console armrest.

The exterior remains unchanged for 2009.

Unchanged speedo cluster:

Revised center cluster (Green backlighting remains unfortunately):

Revised center vent:

Revised moonroof controls:

Revised power windows/lock & backlit mirror controls:

Revised and lowered DC and Aux In ports:

Blacked out door trim hand grab:
Old 06-22-11, 03:21 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

The piano black is why I chose 09 over 08. Its worth it in terms of look.
Old 06-22-11, 06:30 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Agreed. Thats why I waited for my 09. It was well worth it. I could have gotten a killer deal on an 08 with all the incentive money that was given for the car...but I know I wouldn't have been happy with the regular boring gray center trim like the regular ISx50.