IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2011 "F"...wow!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-11, 04:16 PM
16n69
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 2011 "F"...wow!

Finally, wow...2 guys reading the thread about "F"'s & "M"'s contacted me...visiting Vegas from out of state and staying at a resort I frequent...offered me the the opportunity to ride in and then DRIVE their "F"'s...and WoW, at least for the 2011...YEAH baby...now I understand why C&D was "gushing" over it and the "changes" made by Lexus in the "Lightening Lap" article.
We went out over a pretty challenging road course and desert "twisties"...and the 2011 IS-F was amazing, easily close to the E90/92 M3 .
The 2010 IS-F was LAME...and the owner was visably pissed he missed the car "as it should be" by only one year. Big purchase, I'd be pissed too, lol!
Almost as bad as the poor 2010 Ford Mustang owners...missing the huge imporvements to that car.
So yeah, I would totaly be pleased with a 2011 "F"...and as much as I love BMW & M3, I would go for a 2011 Is-F in a heartbeat, if the "long-term reliability" is really much better(still an issue for me, 'cause I am on a fixed retirement...but have saved & alloted a bunch of cash for a thrilling car...)

I am NOT a "troll", whatever that means, it does not sound good, sounds derogatory...but was really wanting to get the "scoop" on the IS-F...and started out really respectful, especially being as I had little experience in one, until today...but ALL the Lexus "Fanboys" slowly came out of the "woodwork" and started to blindly "dis" the M3 & BMW. No excuse for that or good reason to...Cannot have that, it is the car(M3), after all, that is either directly or indirectly responsible for... let's see, the "NEW" (notice I said new, not classic Boss...)Ford Mustang Boss302, the Lexus IS-F, the C63, Audi S5, Cadillac CTS-V and ALL the other BMW "inspired" wannabes.
so yes, I got a bit "salty" in response, as I am NOT a BMW "fanboy"...but justifiably love a GREAT refined performance car, of which ALL BMW's are but especially "M" cars, indisputable no matter WHAT you drive!!!
I also, LOVE "P" cars(Porsche)...IMO, nothing handles like a Porsche at that price pt.
Germans know how to make exhilarating road cars & sports cars, who will deny that...The Italians & British make pretty good ones too, lol, duh, but I cannot afford most of those. And who makes brute raw muscle...big block displacement better than the U.S., ...the Japanese are somewhat newcomers to the muscle/performance arena...but are coming on strong with cars like the NSX, GT-R and IS-F ...I love 'em all....so why can't we just stick to the cars and the "facts" as we know them (or honestly perceive them until proven wrong...) ...which is exactly what I was trying to do in that last thread about M3's & IS-F's.

Competetion is always a good thing, it brings out variety and in the case of the M3, the car that inspired ALL these other "sporty" perfromance coupes & sedans.. well, someone has to lead.
The BMW "M" division just happen to be that "someone", and we car enthusiests are the winners.
So now I can agree, and seriouslyy consider the 2011 IS-F...the 2011 can be "talked" about in the same breath as the E9x M3...but ONLY the 2011 "F"...
...Lexus finally got it "right", this year.
However, I feel sorry for the owners of '08-'10 IS-F, they spent a lot on a "work-in-progress", sorry for that

Last edited by 16n69; 06-28-11 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-28-11, 05:06 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Summarize, get to the point. In the end, wayyy too much commentary that no one really cares about b/c it's the same ol' same ol' BS. First, own an F, then contribute facts to the community.... or an M3 for that matter.
Old 06-28-11, 05:18 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

The benefit of the 2008.... I've been driving this great car for 4 years already. If I feel the need to upgrade I can then enjoy the benefits of the 2011. The opportunity cost here is justified.
Old 06-28-11, 05:35 PM
16n69
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PurduePete
Summarize, get to the point. In the end, wayyy too much commentary that no one really cares about b/c it's the same ol' same ol' BS. First, own an F, then contribute facts to the community.... or an M3 for that matter.
hmmm...was there ever a "time" , you did not yet own the car you drive...
...or maybe was shopping for the one you now drive?
I am "shopping"...considering an IS-F...what's with the hostility?
Does that disqualify one from questions and contribution...is this forum a LEXUS only fanboy place or are you objective car guys...have you driven the IS-F since the day you 1st got your licensee , or have you owned other makes & models?
Your snobbery is a turnoff.
Old 06-28-11, 05:37 PM
LexFather

We don't start new threads to continue rants after a prior thread was closed.