Long Story Short

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-11, 05:20 PM
rtr01
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Story Short

As it says....

I shipped my SIKKY headers to ELITE so we could all get some dyno comparisons last September in exchange for a few favors. Fast forward 6 months, I start asking for my headers back because I haven't heard a word. Fast forward 3 more months and I start harassing Andy @ Elite constantly to send my headers back. Finally after constant phone calls and text messages (I got his personal number) he sends them back to me. I am missing my microprocessor that wires in to the car to prevent check engine lights.

What do I do? He hasn't responded to me with its whereabouts. Can I just call SIKKY for another one?
Old 06-28-11, 05:30 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The guys are Sikky are pretty sharp... they made the chip burn out if you try to read or copy its software...

All you can do is call Sikky, your not getting one anywhere else.
Old 06-28-11, 05:50 PM
clifftrail
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had my doubts with Elite ever since the empty statements and the never ending Splat thread with no conclusion. Sorry to hear your issue and hope it works out, if they are truly a stand-up organization they will refund you the cost of a new one.
Old 06-28-11, 06:19 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I say move on. At this point, I would not want to deal with anymore aggravation since it was such a blatant act.
Old 06-28-11, 09:32 PM
rtr01
Rookie

he managed to respond today. said he wasnt the one who boxed up everything. he's going to look tomorrow for it. so we'll see.
Old 06-28-11, 10:07 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

I could be wrong about Elite, but I thought they were a supporting vendor on lexusfforum, but they are not there anymore.
Old 06-28-11, 11:17 PM
iffy08
Rookie

Originally Posted by rtr01
he managed to respond today. said he wasnt the one who boxed up everything. he's going to look tomorrow for it. so we'll see.
Honestly man, I'm glad there's still a little hope for the parts that are missing but that's still bull****. Headers are not inexpensive, sorry to hear about your experience. I'm not contacting elite anytime soon! Even if it was a mistake, they should've never given you the rum around.
Old 06-29-11, 04:41 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is an saying that pertains to this event. "Don't judge a man buy how he handles things when they are going well. Judge him by how he handles things when they are NOT going so well." I think you all get the point... The one thing I can't stand is poor customer service, there is simply NO excuse for it. You either handle your business, or you don't.
Old 06-29-11, 04:47 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,962 Likes on 2,400 Posts

At the same time, this seems to happen to every shop at some point. A single incident doesn't mean they're awful, it means they handled this one poorly. I agree, customer service needs to be right, but at the same time, bad things happen from time to time.

Chalk it up to a single bad incident from what we know today. If there is more to this, or others have had similar experiences, then we should discuss it. If this is an isolated incident, I'd call it that and move on.
Old 06-29-11, 06:04 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I disagree with the act of shipping Sikky's headers to their competitor in "exchange for a few favors". That sounds shady.

Sorry about your hassle, but it seems like karma to me.
Old 06-29-11, 07:14 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ Not necessarily. He paid for the headers therefore he should be able to do whatever he wants to them. I'm sure the incentive from Elite sounded too good to pass up, but in the end I guess it was too good to be true. He paid for them, he owns them, he should be able to do anything he wants with them. Nothing shady about it at all.
Old 06-29-11, 07:51 AM
tenspeed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PurduePete
He paid for them, he owns them, he should be able to do anything he wants with them. Nothing shady about it at all.
Happens all the time. Elite could have bought them themselves if they wanted. When I worked for Kodak, there was competitors film boxes in the dumpsters. Kodak bought it and tested it. How can you get better if you don't know what the competition has accomplished?
Old 06-29-11, 08:48 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

My experiences with Elite were not great with my intake manifold.... it took 3 weeks to get it in the mail... and I bought splats so all that had to happen was put it in a box and put it in the mail.
Old 06-29-11, 09:25 AM
rtr01
Rookie

The main reason I shipped them there was for the back to back dyno comparison that we all wanted to see. I shipped them in September. The favors after were basically 'what do I get for doing this?' In the end, nothing was ever completed. Nothing was ever done. And now that I have them back I'm missing a key piece for the install. No word yet if its still there. I am not the only one to have bad experience with this place. I can tell you I've never had so much stress and so poor an experience with any company before this. For how little was required, its pathetic how long it took to get my own property back. I started asking for them in March. 3 weeks ago I had to be the biggest ******* I could be to get them sent back to me. And it still took another 2.
Old 06-29-11, 09:44 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,897 Likes on 1,338 Posts

^^^^Question that needs to be asked. Do they look like they were ever installed on an F and run or did they just sit somewhere gathering dust?

Lou

Quick Reply: Long Story Short