Joe Z exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-11, 12:45 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Bpower
^^^ Not trying to be negative here but there were a few members reporting cabin drone @ 2K rpm UNDER LOAD.

In one of the posts I read you offered something for the muffler to fix it.

Bottom line is if there is no drone and and muffler is modified to reflect the stock functionality of the tips then I am all over it! I Am sure you can custom tweak it for me Joe!
A few....

Bottom line is I have driven cars that drone badly.. Everything rattles in the interior.. Lots of humming..
You can't even have a conversation in the car or on the phone and eventually your ears start hurting.. LoL

This system if at all anything barely drones, under ceratin loads.

It's an exhaust tone you would expect after removing the stock system.

Drone is subjective and varies from person to person in this case.

All I can tell you is my ears never hurt, plus I can have conversations easily.. Nothing rattles on my F
Also, my daughter takes naps easily as well..

Exhaust lay out is not changing, only single exit mufflers are used.

One person I know put some silencers in our mufflers to make them quieter, but it killed about 7-8 rwhp..

I'm sorry, but it is sold as is.

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 07-25-11 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-25-11, 05:09 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

PTS makes sweet stuff and stands behind their product... no one should be stating issues with drone when they have never even been in an F with the exhaust... I have headers and the PTS and have conversations on blue tooth and with people in the car without issue. Simply put, If you dont like noise dont put a full dual exhaust on your car... there are plenty of axel back options for the sally sues.
Old 07-25-11, 05:19 PM
jchong
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I first picked up my exhaust it did drone slightly just under 2k rpm for maybe the first couple thousand km's but it doesn't anymore. It is almost as quiet as the stock system and can also talk to people on the phone using the bluetooth with no problems! Thanks Joe for making a great product!
Old 07-25-11, 05:43 PM
J2K
Pole Position

^^^Couldn't have said it any better. The Joe Z exhaust is amazingly quiet in the cabin of the car after it's been driven and broken in.
Old 07-25-11, 09:16 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

The Joe Z exhaust is pretty much perfect and there is no drone. I took my IS-F from Vegas to Venice Beach and the car is quiet on the highway unless its time to pass someone of course. Music in the car was enjoyed and conversation was easily had.
Old 07-25-11, 09:52 PM
t0nyep
Driver School Candidate

I am still waiting for my exhaust to come. PTS ran out of stock and is currently producing them. Hopefully I will get it by end of this week.
Old 08-01-11, 09:07 PM
Bpower
Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
A few....

Bottom line is I have driven cars that drone badly.. Everything rattles in the interior.. Lots of humming..
You can't even have a conversation in the car or on the phone and eventually your ears start hurting.. LoL

This system if at all anything barely drones, under ceratin loads.

It's an exhaust tone you would expect after removing the stock system.

Drone is subjective and varies from person to person in this case.

All I can tell you is my ears never hurt, plus I can have conversations easily.. Nothing rattles on my F
Also, my daughter takes naps easily as well..

Exhaust lay out is not changing, only single exit mufflers are used.

One person I know put some silencers in our mufflers to make them quieter, but it killed about 7-8 rwhp..

I'm sorry, but it is sold as is.

Joe Z
Too bad sounds like a great exhaust but I would like " visually functional" tips unlike one bigger one. People already think the tips are fake and it further proves them right if someone is to look inside them.
Old 08-01-11, 09:43 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Too bad sounds like a great exhaust but I would like " visually functional" tips unlike one bigger one. People already think the tips are fake and it further proves them right if someone is to look inside them.
Understood... The OEM Exhaust Diffusers work perfectly, as designed by the Engineers in Japan..!!

Honestly, I could care less what other people think these days..

I don't see people with Ferrari's, Bugatti's or etc etc.. complaining about there diffusers/tips attached to there bumpers.
(there is a whole list now)

Our centered single exit mufflers play a big role in the design.

Plus, ALL of our systems are hand made here in Southern Ca.
The small batches we produce, deliver the Highest Quality & Highest Satisfaction to each owner.

It's hard to satisfy everyone's needs, but making it ONE way each and every time, ensures the same product is delivered to every IS-F owner.

Regards,

Joe Z
Old 08-01-11, 10:05 PM
Bpower
Driver

^^^ Thank you for your input. Just so we are clear I wasn't trying to find something negative and flame your product, I just want the best for my car.
Old 08-01-11, 10:07 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

^^^ Thank you for your input. Just so we are clear I wasn't trying to find something negative and flame your product, I just want the best for my car.
Of course... and I highly respect your opinion

~ Joe Z
Old 08-01-11, 11:53 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL who cares what other people think, I could care less of others opinions. Like Joe said, guess there are a bunch of cars now with "fake" tips including the LS, the new 5 series and 7 series ect ect...
Old 08-02-11, 09:02 AM
Bpower
Driver

^^^^ My point was not to say ISF tips are fake because the way they are set up from the factory is to defuse the gasses coming out of the muffler outlets that channel perfectly into the tips. Even though there is no "sill" or screw attaching the tips hard to the system their still very functional and efficient. IMO it was designed like that because the engine moves around during driving so is the exhaust and if it was bolted on to the tips it would rip them out of the bumper.

This IS Joe Z muffler with single output that is on the middle of 2 tips and extra open space around it. In my defense to this system is probably you cant achieve the sound with 2 smaller stock sized outlets?

Tons of open space around the muffler.

Last edited by Bpower; 08-02-11 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-02-11, 10:28 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

With how bronze my tips are from heat im pretty sure all the gases are going through the diffusers haha...

Old 08-02-11, 11:05 AM
Bpower
Driver

Originally Posted by darbs242
With how bronze my tips are from heat im pretty sure all the gases are going through the diffusers haha...

Its more like they are blowing ON your diffusers vs Through. That would explain them heating up to the point of "bronzing". Hopefully excessive heat isn't going to make your diffuser tiny welds separate resulting in losing them.
Old 08-02-11, 11:10 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

^^ Nah... some members have already reported the same part failing with the OEM Exhaust as well...

Darbs spends lots of hours Road Coursing / Racing his IS-F . Which is why his tips are bronzing..

Same happens to the "Silver" Lexus logos on the Brembo Calipers.. They turn Gold after a few race days.

But thanks again for the input.

~ Joe Z

Quick Reply: Joe Z exhaust ?