IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Is this a good deal on a 2011

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-11, 08:44 PM
FakeChow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good deal on a 2011

Hello, Im new here and was hoping to get some help.

I am about to purchase a white on black with nav and ml audio ( no parking asisst) plus the accessory package and all season mats

I can't seem to get the dealer to go lower than 60,993 (which was difficult)

Everyone else I have contacted via email does not have a white on black. (dealer is saying it's the only 2011 white on black in norcal)

Is this a good deal? Any feed back would be appreciated

Thanks
Old 07-19-11, 09:20 PM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

sounds about right
Old 07-19-11, 09:51 PM
FakeChow
Driver School Candidate

Yea that's what I was thinking after looking at some numbers on true car.com. But after seeing some threads on prices paid by forum members I started to second guess myself.

Also to clarify the 60,993 is before tax and license
Old 07-19-11, 10:06 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Different region and dealer's inventory dictate its price. Have you emailed to all dealers around you? Good luck.

Originally Posted by FakeChow
Yea that's what I was thinking after looking at some numbers on true car.com. But after seeing some threads on prices paid by forum members I started to second guess myself.

Also to clarify the 60,993 is before tax and license
Old 07-19-11, 10:25 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds good, they are $67k at the dealerships here.
Old 07-19-11, 11:17 PM
FakeChow
Driver School Candidate

Yea I've tried to contact all dealers in northern and Southern Cali, but there's very little inventory on white isfs it seems. I did find a white on white in carlsbad fully loaded with parking assist for 60,700 plus tax and license but I didn't want to get the white leather.
Old 07-20-11, 05:59 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol I love your screen name
Old 07-20-11, 07:09 AM
IS350atWOT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, sounds like a good deal to me.
Old 07-20-11, 09:05 AM
ISFC6
Pole Position

Way too much on my book. If you can wait until the inventory reaches normal levels (by the end of the year, due to the earthquake), you will be able to do a LOT better than that.
Old 07-20-11, 09:49 AM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by FakeChow
Hello, Im new here and was hoping to get some help.

I am about to purchase a white on black with nav and ml audio ( no parking asisst) plus the accessory package and all season mats

I can't seem to get the dealer to go lower than 60,993 (which was difficult)

Everyone else I have contacted via email does not have a white on black. (dealer is saying it's the only 2011 white on black in norcal)

Is this a good deal? Any feed back would be appreciated

Thanks
I paid 61K back in Nov 2010 for 2011USB IS-F fully load, ML,NAV,Sunroof,Parking Asst, etc and that was when there were less than 7 USB F's in country at time with very few 2011 IS-F in US at that time. Inventory may never reach normal levels for 2011 so unless you come across dealership that has several F sitting on there lot or one that has not been able to sell what they have and is willing to sell it at much lower profit margin just to make room for new inventory or just recoup there investment, I don't see to many dealership going below 60K right now. If your not in rush you can wait for end year December the best time to by car when dealership or more willing to drop price for current model year vehicles or wait for 2012 and get left over 2011. Good Luck with your search.

Originally Posted by ISFC6
Way too much on my book. If you can wait until the inventory reaches normal levels (by the end of the year, due to the earthquake), you will be able to do a LOT better than that.
What would you consider good price in your book with everything going on in Japan right now just curious?
Old 07-20-11, 10:07 AM
ISFC6
Pole Position

Well, one needs to have experience in the car business, especially with Toyota and Lexus, in order to determine what is a good price. When you take into consideration the holdback, wholesale financial reserve, Toyota dealer Advertising, any manufacturer to dealer only incentives, etc..., there is quite a bit of mark-up and profit margin on an ISF. At this time, even with the earthquake and such with limited inventory, especially with the 11 model year coming to a close, I would say that $10K off MSRP would be a good price (AS OF TODAY), with anything more than that being an excellent price. One needs to also take into consideration that the ISF is not as good of a value from when it was released in 08, as fully loaded models now are approaching 65 - 67K. This is my opinion of course, while some may agree and others disagree. Each one does what they feel is fair with their money.
Old 07-24-11, 09:55 PM
GSdriven
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been negotiating with this dealer for over 6 months last time I checked he still had the same car that I saw in December when I bought my wife's 250C. They were willing to take 4k off from sticker at first but my salesman called me a few weeks ago and told me that he could let me have it for $200 dollars over invoice which amounted to about 5k off. They had an electronic blue that they sold but has a silver on black and black on black. My wife says to wait until December. I few months ago I saw a post were a dealership had a brand new 09. My local dealer wont deal with me because these are rare cars blah...blah I told him he was right. You hardly see them on the road they are mostly on the dealers show room. I am still tempted to buy one. Awesome cars but my IS350 is fast enough and 2012 may be when the new design comes out and I am sure they will have some cues from the LFA
Old 07-25-11, 03:27 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Play chicken...take a test drive in an M3 and drive it over to visit your salesman at the Lexus dealer.

Last edited by LeslieRC; 07-25-11 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-25-11, 10:43 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Sign the paperwork...
Old 07-25-11, 11:59 AM
thainsane
Rookie

Originally Posted by ISFC6
Well, one needs to have experience in the car business, especially with Toyota and Lexus, in order to determine what is a good price. When you take into consideration the holdback, wholesale financial reserve, Toyota dealer Advertising, any manufacturer to dealer only incentives, etc..., there is quite a bit of mark-up and profit margin on an ISF. At this time, even with the earthquake and such with limited inventory, especially with the 11 model year coming to a close, I would say that $10K off MSRP would be a good price (AS OF TODAY), with anything more than that being an excellent price. One needs to also take into consideration that the ISF is not as good of a value from when it was released in 08, as fully loaded models now are approaching 65 - 67K. This is my opinion of course, while some may agree and others disagree. Each one does what they feel is fair with their money.
I was about to say this. I actually at dealers around here seen used isfs go up in price recently and if you can find a new one its impossible to knock the dealer down much. They know that isfs are rare and with all the termoil in Japan it makes all isfs more valuable to dealers. If you can wait until September Toyota and Lexus cars are supposed to be back at full production and you maybe able to negotiate better. My guess though.

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal on a 2011