IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ppe headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-11, 01:15 PM
lukeisf
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally talked to Paul with ppe and sounds like he going to take care of the problems if they do I commend them on there customer service all said and done I love the sound of the header but the sound of the.shaft hitting the header will not do
Old 07-25-11, 02:07 PM
ISGT35R
Driver School Candidate

i had a similar issue, but i got it fixed. when i start the engine and turn the steering i hear a buzzing vibration as if the exhaust header noise is travelling through the steering bracket. i got problem fixed by filing/grinding off like 0.5mm off the steering bracket and installed it back on and issue went away.

is that the same issue you are having lukeisf? arent the outer manifold heat shield dont fit on the PPE headers? i had to throw them in my garage cause they dont fit any more!
Old 07-25-11, 06:16 PM
lukeisf
Driver

Ya I hear it really loud at wot
Old 07-26-11, 02:36 AM
ISGT35R
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lukeisf
Ya I hear it really loud at wot
i dont know how it sounds during WOT cause i fixed it before taking the car for a drive....grind/file the steering bracket a bit and check there is enough clearance between the header and bracket before tightening everything together.
Old 07-27-11, 03:40 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

I talked to Paul a couple of days ago and he said they are currently re-tooling for new "versions" of the ISF PPE headers. He said they'd be available in about 3 weeks. I plan on buying them as soon as they are ready!
Old 07-27-11, 04:28 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,362 Posts

^^^^Wellll not quite true. PPE is tightening up the tolerances a bit on their jig, but it will be the same design. The reason for the delay is because they are out of the collectors, those are expected in about three weeks.

Lou
Old 07-27-11, 07:03 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear that PPE is listening and doing something about it
Old 07-29-11, 11:12 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
^^^^Wellll not quite true. PPE is tightening up the tolerances a bit on their jig, but it will be the same design. The reason for the delay is because they are out of the collectors, those are expected in about three weeks.

Lou
sorry for the misinformation... I guess i was being to general.
Old 07-29-11, 02:20 PM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea one of the driver’s side primaries comes in slight contact with the steering coupler. It needs to be ground around. The Joe Z X pipe hooked up to the headers only after it was loosened and forced to fit before tightening down. I have yet to get under with the engine on to check for leaks. Sounds ok other than the vibration in the wheel and clanging sound at high rev idle. You can actually feel the coupler rubbing up against the primary when you turn the wheel. At a certain point you can’t feel it anymore when you turn the wheel a certain position, because the steering coupler isn’t completely round; there’s a joint gap.

My O2 sensors in the manifolds came out with destroyed threads. I haven’t seen this happening on here but maybe I overlooked that. We were able to mill off the original threads and press on some new ones...

As far as sound, it’s pretty efing mean. The sound resonates at low speed through the cabin, but at higher speeds its all concentrated out the rear, which is awesome. In 8th gear its about the same sound as just the Joe Z.
I’m not running any cats yet.

I feel like it lost some lowend tq in the lower revs, but it picks up as soon as you get the revs up..

I wish I didn’t have to mess with the steering shaft coupler, but overall its a mean Import V8 that people are like "What the F!?"

~Dv8

Last edited by Dv8tion388; 07-29-11 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-29-11, 05:41 PM
wsMB
Driver

Originally Posted by Dv8tion388

As far as sound, it’s pretty efing mean. The sound resonates at low speed through the cabin, but at higher speeds its all concentrated out the rear, which is awesome. In 8th gear its about the same sound as just the Joe Z.
I’m not running any cats yet.

~Dv8
any sound clips?
Old 07-29-11, 05:45 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad I went with Sikky... Absolutely no fitment issues at all.
Old 07-29-11, 08:45 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,362 Posts

Originally Posted by darbs242
I'm glad YOU did too Glad I didn't

Lou
Old 07-29-11, 09:44 PM
lukeisf
Driver

Sounds like the same issue I'm getting a new driver side header from ppe and will let you guys know how.it goes. I don't think ill grind the steering bracket ill go back to stock . Right now its really annoying to drive
Old 07-30-11, 01:14 AM
yemgi
Pole Position

I have been contacted by Paul as well on this matter. As I have not yet installed the headers, he will send me a new driver side one so I don't risk having any issue. Top customer service so far, I am very pleased with how Paul deals with this
Old 07-30-11, 04:50 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by darbs242
Aside from this issue, why did you chose Sikky over PPE? From the pics the ppe header looks to have a way better build quality, welds look tougher, and the bends are smoother

Quick Reply: ppe headers