IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ppe headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-11, 07:35 PM
lukeisf
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ppe headers

Has anyone had fitment problems with the drive shaft and the header if you did let me know what u did to solve the problem
Old 07-22-11, 07:36 PM
lukeisf
Driver

Steering shaft
Old 07-22-11, 11:42 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

After its installed or during the install? I had Sikky headers and I had to remove it while I was installing but afterwards it went in fine.
Old 07-23-11, 06:27 AM
lukeisf
Driver

During install
Old 07-24-11, 12:05 AM
infinus
Lead Lap

Like I said I had the sikky headers and you had to remove the steering shaft. Make sure you mark it properly so you put it back exactly as you took it off.
Old 07-24-11, 01:25 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

like he says
Old 07-24-11, 08:12 AM
lukeisf
Driver

They claim they followed the instructions to the t, also where the header and Joe z meet was of more then a half inch of lining up
Old 07-24-11, 08:13 AM
lukeisf
Driver

So let's say the.shop lied about marking.g the.steering what would need to be done
Old 07-24-11, 08:17 AM
lukeisf
Driver

I had the take.pictures so when I figure out how to upload I will
Old 07-24-11, 01:54 PM
tenspeed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lukeisf
I had the take.pictures so when I figure out how to upload I will
Put it in Photobucket.com. Copy the IMG code and paste it in your reply.
Old 07-24-11, 06:26 PM
rtr01
Rookie

i installed the headers myself. personally i only marked one end of the steering shaft as it went into the steering rack. then i took it off. now i never touched the steering during install, and when i put it back on, i lined up the marks and tightened up the bolts. however, i dont see how this part can be messed up because it shouldnt matter what orientation of the shaft as long as you can tighten the bolts back up. if you were to offset the splines a little, it would immediately be noticable when you drive, and the steering wheel is off to one side or the other by a little bit when the car is going straight. then you would just have to un bolt it again, slide it up, turn it whichever way by 1 spline to make it straight, then tighten it back up again. there is play in the wheel side connection but you cant exactly turn the wheel turning it with your hand from below. it just goes left or right ever so slightly. but the shaft is designed to make full rotations, so its not going to matter, and if the steering is off, its an easy fix... 2 12mm bolts, loosen, slide up, rotate, slide down, tighten, done.

i'll be taking my car apart again to replace a front air fuel sensor, and i have to remove the steering shaft and drop the subframe and engine to do so, so i will confirm by about wednesday or thursday when my new sensor arrives.
Old 07-24-11, 09:31 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

So the PPE have fitment issues mating up to the Joe Z exhaust?
Old 07-25-11, 05:44 AM
lukeisf
Driver

Mine did but because I was welding cats on they were able to make.it work. Also I believe I'm the only one that has had problems whether it be fitment or mechanical error but I have to trust the mechanic he is.a Lexus tech that opened up his.own.shop and.dos.a lot of power.and.exhaust upgrades. And I have yet to receive a call back from ppe
Old 07-25-11, 06:54 AM
lukeisf
Driver

The steering.g is perfect it faces straight when driving straight I will say the new sound of the headers and the joez together OS perfect. I have to take the car back to them because on hard exploration there is a weird vibrating noise so I need to see if the steering.g shaft is hitting the header so I guess this will be more money. Between the fitment problem and the a/f sensors it cost a lot more to install then the price of the headers . I'm hoping the noise I hear is just a heat shield vibrating .
Old 07-25-11, 11:59 AM
madastep
Pole Position

i'm about to under go this too, can't seem to find anyone around here who will give me a price less than 900 bucks. i'm prolly going to have a speed shop that specializes in toyotas do it. Also they might be able to get it in this weekend, if they do, i'll tell you how it goes since they are doing the PPE / Joe Z combo.

Quick Reply: ppe headers