IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Rattle under Driver side dashboard for 2011 ISF

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-11, 03:43 PM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Rattle under Driver side dashboard for 2011 ISF

So i had this rattling noise for 2 months which was very intermittent and finally I was able to consistently reproduce it. Way to reproduce is drive the car for 30 minutes, then find a road which is not super smooth. Drive between the speed on 15 to 25 miles an hour. One can hear the rattle. I took it to the dealer and then after the test drive with 3 techs in the car they agreed to hear a noise. So now they fixed it by adding "FELT on all contact points on the trim panel. When I asked why this was missed at the first place the service adviser gave me the answer that half trim had the "FELT" but it was missing on the remaining side. I thought Lexus was built in JPN and is in pursuit of perfection.

If anyone else notice this then they know that to do. i am going to call Lexus on Monday to ask about the quality though.
Old 07-24-11, 08:42 PM
MicaISF
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a rattle in the same area, but with a metalic quality to it for the last two years in my '08. i took it to my dealer and after 22 miles of test drive, they told me they found nothing. i figured they are probably incompetent and never went back again.
Old 07-24-11, 09:58 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Had the techs searched the data base for dash rattling noises, they'd find a LSB0044-08 for the fix.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-of-is250.html
Old 07-25-11, 12:17 AM
MicaISF
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thank you. that's good info.
Old 07-30-11, 11:31 PM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cars are built with plastic and metal which means they are eventually going to have contact points that do not agree with each other and "rattle". I don’t care how much you spend on a car if you do not agree with this you need to live in a bubble (at which point you will probably still complain because you are just that type of person) so sftu and deal with it.
Old 07-31-11, 10:21 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ LMAO! (yes,sarcasm!) You must be that Lexus mechanic who couldn't reproduce the rattle when MicaISF brought it in. Or work at a dealer who absolutely hates being assigned "rattle mitigation" jobs.... Maybe you never owned a car new enough to have warranty work done. But u own a 08...hmmm? Can't explain it. I give up.

Sure, your over simplified point about plastic, metal, and rattles are correct, BUT ONLY WHEN THE WARRANTY IS UP!! UNTIL THEN YOU shut tfu!!

People remedy rattle issues and any other manufacturer issues during the warranty period so that they don't have to fork out $$$$$$ after the warranty period ends. Do you know what being proactive mean? I mean, how hard is that to understand?
Old 07-31-11, 02:01 PM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nixx621
Cars are built with plastic and metal which means they are eventually going to have contact points that do not agree with each other and "rattle". I don’t care how much you spend on a car if you do not agree with this you need to live in a bubble (at which point you will probably still complain because you are just that type of person) so sftu and deal with it.
are you serious? If I pay 60K for a car and can hear a rattle going on in my car I need it fixed. Don't care what you think but when i talked with Lexus customer Support they assigned a rep to fix this issue. This is what is required, I hope you do not work in automobile area and if you do you are not going too far.
Old 07-31-11, 03:25 PM
rtr01
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dinardalvi
are you serious? If I pay 60K for a car and can hear a rattle going on in my car I need it fixed. Don't care what you think but when i talked with Lexus customer Support they assigned a rep to fix this issue. This is what is required, I hope you do not work in automobile area and if you do you are not going too far.
seriously?

i guarantee you i am THE most **** person when it comes to having everything perfect on a car. but even i have come to realize that nothing can be perfect forever if perfect at all. there are far more expensive cars that have much more serious and annoying problems than having a little rattle on a bumpy road at 25mph. if this is the biggest of your problems you have serious issues.
Old 07-31-11, 03:50 PM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rtr01
seriously?

i guarantee you i am THE most **** person when it comes to having everything perfect on a car. but even i have come to realize that nothing can be perfect forever if perfect at all. there are far more expensive cars that have much more serious and annoying problems than having a little rattle on a bumpy road at 25mph. if this is the biggest of your problems you have serious issues.
I like a tight car with no rattle noises on a bumpy road or non bumpy road. BTW my 73 camaro is also nice and tight on the same road where I drive my ISF. the road is not bumpy at all, only thing is missing on the road is some top level tar is gone so the concrete is showing.
Old 07-31-11, 05:34 PM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rtr01
if this is the biggest of your problems you have serious issues.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 07-31-11, 08:31 PM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

i simply give up
Old 08-04-11, 12:10 PM
wcory15
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may sound stupid but I thought I had just bought my first rattle challenged Lexus .I spent a couple of months chasing two underdash rattles in my new 2011 ISF. .One was on the left and one one the right .I could even duplicate the noise by thumping the dash but never at the dealer.Well one was the coins in the holder the other was my sunglasses in that holder .Oh well