Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

big thumbs down if they didn't, that wouldn't be nice at all
Old 08-05-11, 06:20 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Originally Posted by indyberett
The bumper to bumper warranty starts at the original owner's starting mileage which would be shown on the original title or even a carfax report would show the mileage the car was originally titled at.

The dealership assumed that the car was sold at 0 miles, which is almost never the case. I bet they went back to the original service date and miles and saw that it is still legally within the original warranty period.
That's a very good point! I just checked my service record online and it looks like it was first sold with 11 miles on it, so technically I still have 9 miles left on my warranty!

Last edited by jleonard71; 08-05-11 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-05-11, 06:38 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

While we're on the topic of warranties I have one last question - does anyone know if they warranty their tint jobs? I have noticed vertical lines have started to form in the tint on my drivers side window, and it has also been squeaking a little bit lately. I had them look at it last time it was in for service and they said that whoever did the tint messed up the felt liner that runs along the length of the window, and that is what's causing the lines and the squeaking. But when I just looked at my service record online it appears that the tint job was done at a Lexus dealership when the car had just 110 miles on it. So the "whoever did the tint" is actually a Lexus dealership!
Old 08-07-11, 11:14 AM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried to reason, comprimise even with Lexus corporate and they left me out in the cold with my sunroof problem that all of a sudden woundnt close as it started to rain... I wont soon forget that, and i'll be sure to tell everyone I know about it. They make quality cars; they should backup the little folks that spend tons of money to afford their cars. Its not like im buying a Scion TC.
I took out my own headliner and replaced the broken sun roof assembly, that the previous owner ****ed up. I got it for $200 bucks from a wrecking yard. Not $1900 from the efing dealer..

~Dv8
Old 08-07-11, 11:20 AM
chow70
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The speakers on my 07 'LS460 went as well. Mine was at 40k. The amplifier went on the car, and luckily I bought mine certified. Guys, always buy a certified pre-owned! The amp on the car was over $3k to replace! I am assuming that's the issue with your car ......
Old 08-07-11, 12:29 PM
N54MPower
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chow70
The speakers on my 07 'LS460 went as well. Mine was at 40k. The amplifier went on the car, and luckily I bought mine certified. Guys, always buy a certified pre-owned! The amp on the car was over $3k to replace! I am assuming that's the issue with your car ......
Lexus Extended warranty's for these cars are cheap compared to the cost of repairing items like the navigation etc. All you need is an extended warranty which will be cheaper in the long run than paying the extra that the dealer charges you for CPO cars.
Old 08-08-11, 09:11 AM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by N54MPower
Lexus Extended warranty's for these cars are cheap compared to the cost of repairing items like the navigation etc. All you need is an extended warranty which will be cheaper in the long run than paying the extra that the dealer charges you for CPO cars.
I have it to 100k and was still denied...

~Dv8
Old 08-09-11, 06:41 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by indyberett
Lexus is one of the hardest companies to work with on a warranty. I have to say, I don't really like GM cars, but their warranty is always 100%, unlike Lexus and Toyota where is seems you have to fight them each time you have a claim!
I am going to have to disagree with you on this. I have taken my ISF in on several occassions, and not once have I ever encountered any resistance. They have done work on the front bumper, windshield, and wheel wells (all on separate occassions), and every time they are happy to help, no questions asked.

My advice regarding the oil change...go somewhere else. The dealership always overcharges for crap. I have always gone to Jiffy Lube. I get the high-performance synthetic (8 or 9 quarts), they replace the oil filter, top off everything, and I'm out in 20 minutes for $111. I have never had issues with those guys.
Old 08-09-11, 10:10 AM
crazymikie
Driver

Originally Posted by melbitoast
I am going to have to disagree with you on this. I have taken my ISF in on several occassions, and not once have I ever encountered any resistance. They have done work on the front bumper, windshield, and wheel wells (all on separate occassions), and every time they are happy to help, no questions asked.

My advice regarding the oil change...go somewhere else. The dealership always overcharges for crap. I have always gone to Jiffy Lube. I get the high-performance synthetic (8 or 9 quarts), they replace the oil filter, top off everything, and I'm out in 20 minutes for $111. I have never had issues with those guys.
The thought of Jiffy Lube touching my F makes me cringe. I had them strip out the drain plug on my Honda Prelude in college and refuse to fix it (it was like that when you got here). Odd because the oil change before that, was also done at the same location and they didn't have any problems.

They also put the wrong oil in my transmission at another location. I ended up having to bring it to the dealer, have it flushed and filled correctly. That was the last time I went to a Jiffy Lube.
Old 08-09-11, 04:41 PM
N54MPower
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dv8tion388
I have it to 100k and was still denied...

~Dv8
My post was in regards to the comment that you should always buy CPO. The CPO warranty coverage is nothing special and IMO not worth the extra you pay most of the time. You could buy a cheaper car and use the money for an extended warranty.

With that said when you go to a dealer and they decline to fix a problem under warranty that is just that dealer/service consultants say. You can go to another dealer and still have the same thing fixed. Only in instances where a factory rep is called in by the dealer to look at problem and they decline to fix it is it really "Lexus" denying to fix a problem under warranty.

Each dealer is different and each service consultant is different. The first service advisor I dealt with at the dealer I go to was ignorant and rude. I switched to someone who understands that the F is not an RX350 and the customer is also different.

I went for an oil change, he saw that my water pump was leaking fixed it and replaced the battery all without me asking. Never washes my car and has the same tech work on my car every time. They even had to take off my TOM's front lip/diffuser to change the water pump and did so without complaint and managed to put it all back together the way it was. Less than 24 hours after I dropped it off I had it back with everything fixed.

I'm glad the OP got his problem fixed and that dealer saw the "light".
Old 08-09-11, 10:31 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

I rather give the $$$ to the dealer for a oil change than Jiffy Lube.

Old 08-10-11, 12:04 AM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Originally Posted by avgj0F
I rather give the $$$ to the dealer for a oil change than Jiffy Lube.
I would rather give my $$$ to the homeless guy on the freeway exit ramp and have him change my oil than take my car to JL!
Old 08-10-11, 04:37 AM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would not take my car to Jiffy Lube even if it were free. They could care less about your car and you can't possible get all the dirty oil out while changing the filter and put new oil in in 20 minutes. They are leaving some old oil in there for that kind of time. There are tons of horror stories in general about places like that. Charging for filter changes and never doing them, charging for good synthetic oil and putting cheap stuff in etc. I realize it may be cheaper but peace of mind for me is doing it myself. If I had to pay someone to do it then I would be very selective as to where to go. Jiffy Lube and Walmart are about the same to me.
Old 08-10-11, 08:29 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,908 Likes on 1,344 Posts

How did this turn into a discussion on the merits of Jiffy Lube Let's get back on topic please

Lou
Old 08-10-11, 01:25 PM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Sorry to hijack the thread Lou, but I've got one thing to say.

To all the guys questioning my use of Jiffy Lube. I stand out there the entire time with them while they're working on the car, so I can see eveything gets done. I'm not doing that ***** on blind faith. Not with that car.
I've used JL since I've been in Austin (8 years), and I have not had a single issue. Sorry if you guys got screwed on your experiences, but they've been great to me.