IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Bad habits AFTER driving in Manual Mode

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-11, 05:45 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by krue92
Why did you go back to the stock exhaust just with the headers? I just ordered the Joe Z Exhaust and am looking forward to installing it. Was it too loud with both exhaust and headers?
I was about to sell the car back in April and had started parting out. Then decided to keep the car, but the exhaust was already sold to a local guy. Wish I still had it, but to answer your question the JoeZ exhaust and headers without high flow cats is uncomfortable. Sounds great don't get me wrong, but you won't be able to stand driving it around in auto mode with the drone/resonance and to stay out of the drone/resonance zone (below 2000 rpm) manual mode is the way to go. Of course being in manual mode all the time can attract unwanted attention as well as kill your mpg.
Old 08-31-11, 06:12 PM
krue92
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caymandive
I was about to sell the car back in April and had started parting out. Then decided to keep the car, but the exhaust was already sold to a local guy. Wish I still had it, but to answer your question the JoeZ exhaust and headers without high flow cats is uncomfortable. Sounds great don't get me wrong, but you won't be able to stand driving it around in auto mode with the drone/resonance and to stay out of the drone/resonance zone (below 2000 rpm) manual mode is the way to go. Of course being in manual mode all the time can attract unwanted attention as well as kill your mpg.
How loud is it with just the full Joe Z exhaust? I'm not planning on doing headers anytime soon and I really don't want the car too loud, but it definitely could be louder. Everybody praises the Joe Z exhaust so thats why I went with it. I'm sick of people thinking I am driving a Lexus with a 4 banger or 6 banger in it...lol
Old 08-31-11, 06:19 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by krue92
How loud is it with just the full Joe Z exhaust? I'm not planning on doing headers anytime soon and I really don't want the car too loud, but it definitely could be louder. Everybody praises the Joe Z exhaust so thats why I went with it. I'm sick of people thinking I am driving a Lexus with a 4 banger or 6 banger in it...lol
The JoeZ exhaust is pretty darn loud for the first few hundred miles. I was just about to replace the mufflers with something else to quiet it down some and then suddenly the JoeZ calmed down. Can't explain it, but it's a common phenomenon.
Old 08-31-11, 06:26 PM
krue92
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caymandive
The JoeZ exhaust is pretty darn loud for the first few hundred miles. I was just about to replace the mufflers with something else to quiet it down some and then suddenly the JoeZ calmed down. Can't explain it, but it's a common phenomenon.
Thanks for the info. Hopefully I like it and its not too loud for me. Its hard to tell a whole lot from youtube videos. It can't be any worse than my TT Supra was...