IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Pictures of my IS-F's Engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-12, 09:55 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should maybe start a new thread and keep us updated. This may help out other people in your same situation.
Old 04-19-12, 07:05 PM
Straightik
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fleadog99
You should maybe start a new thread and keep us updated. This may help out other people in your same situation.
I might do that,.. I want to make sure everything goes through tho first so I'll actually be able to help folks.
Old 04-19-12, 10:52 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Straightik
*Update*

Lexus in Wichita agrees that I have a knocking issue but because they don't have another IS-F to compare it to, they are not touching it. Made some calls around to other dealers within a few hours asking their service reps if I could send them a video of my problem and they could assess the issue after viewing it. Superior Lexus in KC got back to me and said that they would do anything it takes to get it fixed. So... saturday morning I am hauling my F up to KC to leave it up there for who knows,.. 3 Months? I have a pile of Mods i'm waiting to put on until the major warranty service is done. Wish me luck!

Here's my most recent pic before she leaves.
damn, I can't imagine being in your shoes.... that really sucks... Hope they are able to fix the issue and that it doesn't take forever! I'm off saturday (but it's my anniversary) so if you want to get together after dropping off your F... I should be available Sat afternoon... (have dinner plans that evening with the wife though) PM if you do..
Old 04-23-12, 03:13 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Good luck with that. Hopefully Lexus will treat you better than they have me. One question: are you the original owner?
AA
Old 04-23-12, 03:17 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

My engine is working great after the rebuild. Happy with the work that Lexus of Northborough did with my car.
Old 04-24-12, 07:52 PM
Straightik
Rookie

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
damn, I can't imagine being in your shoes.... that really sucks... Hope they are able to fix the issue and that it doesn't take forever! I'm off saturday (but it's my anniversary) so if you want to get together after dropping off your F... I should be available Sat afternoon... (have dinner plans that evening with the wife though) PM if you do..
Thanks buddy,.. I wish I would've saw your post before I left. I ended up going to the mall up North and then headed home after some cheescake factory! Superior Lexus has been rockstars and gave me an RX 350 for as long as it's in the shop, and the guy even mentioned they might be able to ship it down to Wichita when they're done. I might head up there anyways since it's so much nicer, and when I do I'll try to meet up with you.

Originally Posted by UCRAZYKID
Good luck with that. Hopefully Lexus will treat you better than they have me. One question: are you the original owner?
No I'm not. I bought the car with 42k miles on it, and the lexus history shows two previous owners, both never modded it, or put very many miles on it it seems.