IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

SprintBooster....

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-11, 07:26 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,473 Posts

I'm sorry but the ISF was delivered from the factory with this technology. It's called sport mode.

Here's a thought - don't comment about cars you don't daily drive! There is nothing in terms of similarity between a GS430 on bags and an ISF except the Lexus name plate. Really. NOTHING. I don't need to drive on a flat tire and experience it to know I'm not going to like it.

For another useless comparison - I've raced motorcycles with stock throttle pull and 1/5 turn throttles. Performance and laptimes were identical. The amount of wrist action was the only difference.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 09-12-11 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-12-11, 07:36 PM
CCJ22
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is as useless as the TOMS, HKS, etc... They're all full of fail.
(This coming from a guy whom does not own a IS-F.... me)
Old 09-12-11, 07:57 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Edited by moi

Last edited by digger08; 01-10-12 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-13-11, 03:16 AM
rhy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, this is an IS-F forum. Any experience with this device with a GS, ES or LS is irrelevant. Those cars react nothing like an IS-F during throttle application. When properly warmed up and in Sport/Manual mode, the IS-F doesn't bog down at all. If a particular car hesitates, there's something wrong with it and a throttle controller is not going to fix it.

OP, are you in Sport *and* Manual mode? If you're running in Auto, a throttle controller will make the car downshift more aggressively at partial throttle application. It's the same as slamming on the gas pedal without a throttle controller.

Originally Posted by digger08
As a forum moderator I'm surprised you have hijacked my thread. Please go back to my first post and re-read my statements...if you have nothing to add of value, as it related to my initial questions then stay out of it.

....I did not ask for any feedback from you on your personal feeling of the validity of the product.
When you make a comment that something is the greatest thing since sliced bread when it's not, people will react to it. That's what these forums are for, sharing our opinions and sometimes even a fact or two
Old 09-13-11, 03:55 AM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rhy

When you make a comment that something is the greatest thing since sliced bread when it's not, people will react to it. That's what these forums are for, sharing our opinions and sometimes even a fact or two
Thanks Rhy - Look...I simply stated my opinion as it pertained to me and asked for some feedback. To me - it brings value and a noticeable difference when driving. If you do not agree start your own thread and debate it out.

The fact of the matter is, many are making conclusions and have no experience with the product.
I did not buy this product, simply tested it out. I do not sell these, promote these or have shares in the company. I also did not tell you to run out and buy one. To me it was a fantastic and different driving experience that enhanced accelerator feedback.

I understand the facts very well, there is no need for backhanded sarcasm.

Please do not pass judgement on my experiences, I do not believe I have advocated a brawl in here.

I'm simply the OP, trying to keep his thread on point.
Old 09-13-11, 05:39 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,321 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Guys, I'm going to interject here with a request to keep things civil. Digger, when you post a review on a discussion forum you're going to get commentary both pro and con and that is what CL is all about (as long as it's stated maturely ).

I'll start this out by saying I haven't personally tried this product, nor do I own an IS-F. But I have done a lot of research and reading on Sprintbooster and similar products and am going to post my opinion based on lots of reading to try to bridge the gap between the two factions here.

This product - like many modifications - will not make your car any faster. Our forum sponsor who sells the Sprintbooster has chipped in and clearly said that and one of our IS350 members who was skeptical of it did a great test. What it does appear to do is change the driver accelerator inputs such that it feels more responsive. That's good for some drivers, not good for others.

I'd compare it to some brake upgrades I did to my car... didn't make it stop any shorter, but it changed the brake pedal feel so that it wasn't as spongy, and for me that made me a more confident driver and I enjoyed my car more.

This product - like many modifications - clearly isn't for everyone. If you like the way your IS-F accelerator pedal responds from the factory in normal or Sport mode, that's great. There is no reason to buy or try this product.

However, other drivers might like it and there is no reason to put down their own observations of the product, as long as those claims aren't outlandish. It's fine to comment about your own research and understanding (just as I am), but keep it polite please. Knock off the name calling - I've pruned a couple of posts.
Old 09-13-11, 09:33 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just to add , i have driven IS-F 's (plural ). They all have the lag which i find extremely annoying .

It is not an IS-F trademark technology or even Lexus but Toyota's brand as a whole has this same technology and the same lag built in for a reason. Save gas , tires and reduce jerkiness of the ride to make it smooth .

You may remember a long time ago Lexus changing transmissions on there first attempts in programming DBW systems in the 02 es330 . It was so bad they were replacing transmissions and sending them all over the country to be checked by masters from Japan . This was all because of DBW inefficiencies .

Case in point why so many GS400 owners who bought 430's found it slower and less responsive all because of the drive by wire system.

Try it and then love it or hate it .

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-13-11 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Please don't continue arguments
Old 09-13-11, 02:28 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,372 Posts

In Sport mode there certainly is no lag in mine However, I find the throttle response in Normal mode to be unacceptable: I see no reason to add an additional electronic throttle controller.

Lou
Old 09-13-11, 04:45 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ I'm with you Lou, and since I drive on Manual mode 99% of the time (1% only when in reverse), there is no need for any LTS device. For me lag = wrong gear, downshift and problem solved.