Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default SprintBooster....

Edited by moi

Last edited by digger08; 01-10-12 at 06:20 PM. Reason: fixed URL
Old 09-10-11, 02:29 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is interesting. I will have to look into this. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-11-11, 10:23 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds good go for it and give us some feedback.
Old 09-11-11, 11:32 AM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

In my humble opinion sprint boosters are a complete waste of money.

How this mod works is it basically sits in between your gas pedal and the wire that goes to your ECU telling your ECU how depress your gas pedal is. This device makes it so that when you depress your gas pedal 1/4 throttle, it sends the signal to your ECU that your 1/2 throttle; at 1/2 throttle it'll tell your ECU your at 100% throttle. In doing so, it makes you feel that your car is more aggressive than it really is, "fixing" the throttle lag.

In reality, your car has not gain anything, and the throttle response is just really sensitive. You're basically just flooring your car off the line every time you touch the throttle.

People who have used this product reported zero gains in acceleration time at the track. This is because at the track, your basically at full throttle anyways, so the sprint booster doesn't really do anything. In fact, it could hurt you, because now you basically lose the lower part of your throttle. No matter how lightly you feather your throttle, the ECU will think your really actually depressing it more.

You could basically achieve what the sprint booster provides you for free just by depressing the throttle a little bit more.
Old 09-12-11, 07:32 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ Absolutely true, and it's the same idea behind the TOMS LTPS.
Old 09-12-11, 09:38 AM
rhy
Pole Position

So it's basically the same as Tom's / Blitz. It's a nice little device with limited usability. I find it useful for street driving where you want WOT without having to jam the gas pedal all the way down and deal with the annoying button underneath. For track, throttle controllers are pretty much useless.
Old 09-12-11, 09:49 AM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Edited by moi

Last edited by digger08; 01-10-12 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-12-11, 10:05 AM
rhy
Pole Position

^^ To answer your question, I've had a Tom's LTS for a few months now. It's getting used much less than originally thought. Some people swear by it, while I think it's a nice novelty item, nothing more.
Old 09-12-11, 10:48 AM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Edited by moi

Last edited by digger08; 01-10-12 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-12-11, 02:20 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,473 Posts

Originally Posted by digger08
I really notice and appreciate accelerating out of a turn (90 degree) as without it the F really bogs down no matter what mode you are in.
Hogwash. This is the last thing I'd want at the track. I want the throttle to be predictable and controllable at the track. Sport mode sets the response perfectly for this, and the car has NEVER bogged driving out of any turn in any mode on or off the track. Just push on the pedal and the car goes no matter what.

If you're having a problem with bogging on track out there's something wrong with your car or you need to get to the gym.
Old 09-12-11, 02:28 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

Agreed sport mode + trackday = I've never had any bogging issues.
Old 09-12-11, 02:45 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're in the wrong gear.

Originally Posted by digger08
I really notice and appreciate accelerating out of a turn (90 degree) as without it the F really bogs down no matter what mode you are in.
Old 09-12-11, 02:51 PM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Hogwash. This is the last thing I'd want at the track. I want the throttle to be predictable and controllable at the track. Sport mode sets the response perfectly for this, and the car has NEVER bogged driving out of any turn in any mode on or off the track. Just push on the pedal and the car goes no matter what.

If you're having a problem with bogging on track out there's something wrong with your car or you need to get to the gym.
Suggesting a few leg presses are we?
Old 09-12-11, 03:44 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Edited by moi

Last edited by digger08; 01-10-12 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-12-11, 04:46 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Funny whenever a technology comes along everyone who have never used it always are the first to be the "Internet experts ". The only people with a valid opion of results are the owners of the cars with one. Everyone else is just talking out there behind. I have one and this **** is amazing beyond belief. I had to drive my GS430 in 1, 2 or 3 in order to control the shifting and throttle. Now I can cruise all day with it in green / sport mode. If you feel no hesitation. If you are not a driver and just a commuter it wouldn't make a difference to you.
Only lexus toyota and Honda owners keep talking crap about this with 100% of them not owning one. Benz BMW and eveyone other market rave about this hands down ! It's not coming from fools who never did and oil change but serious drivers who don't need a stuck shift to feel manly.
If your going to talk track and control then you would know the difference this makes otherwise how could your inputs now being linear in output to the engine being a negative. This allows better rev matching and acceleration through oversteering through corners. Buy again that is if your a real driver and not someone running kuhmos and falkens instead of 888's at the track.

I hate that every thread on here people just get verbal diarrhea and go on about what they think they know they are talking about but have zero experience with it.
Get one , reveiw it yourself and if it sucks send it back for a full refund. Then and only then do you have any right to make statements instead of blind assumptions.

His is not some mystey resistor that sells on eBay from Lithuania. This is a full map altering program flashed to a chip. If it did nothing then why does AMG , nismo , mines and everyother tuning house also provide the same flashing built into the EPROMs when they do a full tuning ecu upgrade if it's just some hoax.

Yeah , I thought so you don't have an answer for that one either. As they must kind of know what they are doing, more than you with a couple of wrenches in your garage.

Last edited by skperformance; 09-12-11 at 05:05 PM.

Quick Reply: SprintBooster....