IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Scrape Prevention, answer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-11, 08:14 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Scrape Prevention, answer?

Not so for the stock height folks, but for us lowered, slammed, front lipp-ed out Lexus.

Remember all those times we gambled on a driveway and lost? You know, we slowed down to a snail's crawl (holding up traffic)? Then we angled out the hell out of the car to get one wheel up/down at a time, like we were driving cross-eyed or something? Then just as we thought we conquered the evil driveway, then comes the most insidious and horrible sounding scrape ever (worse than nails on a chalk board) that just seems to carry miles and miles away, and no doubt it's always at a place where tons of people are looking and are now laughing. The sound initially makes your body wince and then your head hurts, as all you can think of now is $$$$$$! My F is only a weekend car, but if I keep scraping at this rate, it might look like a daily driver.

Check out the company: http://www.bumperdefender.com/

I think the two inch bumper protector underneath right at the edge, but beyond eye-sight, would be perfect. The tapered edge of the strip, the ability to color match, the 2” size is perfect. The 2” is perfect, b/c that’s the initial underside of the lip that is always the issue. It’s all in how tough the glue is for this thing. If you’re worried that the whole thing might come off, then I guess you can cut it into inch sections so that only a small piece would come off. I’m assuming that the glue is good, as it is made as a body molding that will be battered by the weather and wind.

Just ordered the color sample for $2.95.

Old 09-10-11, 08:46 PM
airvtec
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Huey,
You'd be surprised how quickly this will get worn out. I know this is an expensive fix, but it works great for me. It's a video link.

Old 09-10-11, 09:33 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

It's definitely a huge risk with the scraping and all. Parking blocks, driveways, dips....they're all horrible to deal with. I thought the WALD front bumper was low, but your Artisan Spirits is barely above the ground. It looks damn nice, though!
Old 09-11-11, 06:29 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by airvtec
Huey,
You'd be surprised how quickly this will get worn out. I know this is an expensive fix, but it works great for me. It's a video link.
You're right John. It would only be a temporary fix with the bumper pieces. I am now seriously thinking about your setup. Either that or the Air Runner System.

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
It's definitely a huge risk with the scraping and all. Parking blocks, driveways, dips....they're all horrible to deal with. I thought the WALD front bumper was low, but your Artisan Spirits is barely above the ground. It looks damn nice, though!
Thanks. It's hard to raise the car back up, even a little, after it's at a height you love. So you have to find other alternatives.....we'll see.

Last edited by PurduePete; 09-11-11 at 06:42 AM.
Old 09-11-11, 07:17 AM
hydralisk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Google: Top Secret Roberuta Cup Kit
Its only 3500, does not use an airbag.
Old 09-11-11, 02:18 PM
ItsanF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel like this is part of the reason as to why I wouldnt want to be slammed....It does look awesome no doubt, but after seeing my brothers friends slammed nsx hit a not so high laying tire on the freeway, I kinda dont want to have to replace it all....
Old 09-11-11, 02:56 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

You take chances with everything....as long as you can handle the risk....it is what it is.
Old 09-11-11, 03:23 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The beautiful, amazing stock suspension is why I moved on to an ISF. It's staying stock height.

ps even with those bumper guards your still gonna rip up that bumper up on curbs/parking stops
Old 09-11-11, 08:25 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by airvtec
Huey,

dam that is wat i need to get. only if i had the money.