IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Trade in IS-F for A7?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-11, 07:45 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not to bash on your decision, matter of fact I wish you good luck, but that letter is BS, I work at a dealership.
Old 09-15-11, 07:55 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

get the s line at least. i think its that new car mind set. ur bored of the F cuz its not new anymore. i wouldn't trade unless i get the R8! u want to upgrade, not downgrade!
Old 09-15-11, 08:01 AM
Fapout
Lead Lap

I'm an ad exec for AT&T and I drive around in my ISF everyday. My clients love it and I do to. Only after hours and hours of driving does the ISF start to wear me down.

I enjoy my F because it drives like a supercar, has the reliability of a toyota and has the prestige of a luxury marque and for only $60k!!! There just really isn't anything better out there without giving up one of those factors: performance, reliability, prestige, price.
Old 09-15-11, 08:14 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

hehe that is why i have neckpads and hip pads for those long drives. my back doesn't hurt when i get out of the car after a long cruise.

Originally Posted by Fapout
I'm an ad exec for AT&T and I drive around in my ISF everyday. My clients love it and I do to. Only after hours and hours of driving does the ISF start to wear me down.

I enjoy my F because it drives like a supercar, has the reliability of a toyota and has the prestige of a luxury marque and for only $60k!!! There just really isn't anything better out there without giving up one of those factors: performance, reliability, prestige, price.
Old 09-15-11, 08:16 AM
kelzzz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the A7 is very elegant i was thinking about selling my 350 for one i drove it and man its nice
Old 09-15-11, 08:23 AM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
hehe that is why i have neckpads and hip pads for those long drives. my back doesn't hurt when i get out of the car after a long cruise.
I should invest in those.
Old 09-15-11, 08:30 AM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rogers2
Since you started this thread it's obvious you may want another car. I would say at least test drive the car it's no harm. While you’re at it test drive the CLS which is nice also. The A7 does look a little more professional. Rather it's a better car now that’s your opinion.
I would rather take the CLS over the A7, but it is slightly over my budget.

Originally Posted by 06isDriver
a7? definitely a downgrade in almost every aspect except interior room.

If you really wanted an audi I'd get the S4 over the a7. It's got more pep, but still slower than the f and a reasonable amount of interior amenities and space.
S4 would be same type of vehicle in terms of size and class, I guess the A7 would not be a class above just because it is a bigger vehicle.

Originally Posted by Steve727
I guess what I'm trying to figure out is why you are bored with your F?? Is it the power, look, or maybe the cabin space??

The A7 is a roomier car, and I'd have to agree with the others, it is a down grade from the F. Now if you look at the S line, the. I could see why u may want to trade the F but I still wouldn't. Call me old fashion, but reliability is where I tend to lean when it comes to cars. I'm just not sure u will get that with the A7. At the end of the day, its your decision and do what makes you happy.
I may need to mod her a bit to keep the interest. You're right for the most part....
Old 09-15-11, 08:31 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

where might I be able to find the ecru interior neck pads? lol

btw FAPOUT what is an AD exec? if you dont mind me asking, sounds interesting... (no pun intended)
Old 09-15-11, 08:33 AM
pc1990
Pole Position

Dude you cant let a forum decide what car is best for you. The A7 obviously will be a better car to cruise around in but you will get bored of that too if you're bored with the F. So just think about it hard before you actually make the purchase. If money's not an issue then go for it, but probably after a year or so you'll be looking for a more sportier ride again...thats just my 2 cents.

About the letter, I think they send those to everyone. I've gotten them too from a lot of manufacturers. I even got one from Lexus, saying they want my car specifically. It's all a load of s***, but you can give it a try.

In short...you'll miss the power!!

Last edited by pc1990; 09-15-11 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-15-11, 08:37 AM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

I agree with all the above posts, you should only be looking for an S line if you want to replace your car. Unless you have kids and need a family sedan.. but being 26 why do you want a standard awd sedan (even though its that new NEW style)? There is a new member that came from a CLS63, faster and RWD compared to the A7; and it sounds like he was extremely happy about getting into an IS-F. He had a thread in the last couple weeks, maybe do a search.

For $80k there are a lot of better cars out there.. 0-60 mph: 6.20 seconds
1/4 mile: 14.52 seconds at 92.40 mph LOL! It def looks cool, but way too slow.
Old 09-15-11, 08:54 AM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
where might I be able to find the ecru interior neck pads? lol

btw FAPOUT what is an AD exec? if you dont mind me asking, sounds interesting... (no pun intended)
Not to get too off topic but I sell and manage advertising accounts. AT&T has a whole diversified business division which has among products in our portfolio, Search engine marketing, Yellow Pages, Online Yellow pages, direct mail campaigns, Local Online Display Ads and other mobile device marketing solutions. We put local businesses in to these products.

I have about 100 current advertiser accounts assigned to me in the St. Louis area and my job is to sell them on retaining their current advertising programs with us as well as selling additional products or increasing their spending on current programs. I get paid a 15% commission on what they spend annually, I have advertisers on the low end that spend $1k/month all the way up to $10k/month. It has been a good gig through out the years, AT&T has sent my wife and I on numerous first class trips and best of all, AT&T pays for my ISF and all of it's gas!!!
Old 09-15-11, 08:56 AM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nysupraman
I may need to mod her a bit to keep the interest. You're right for the most part....
That should definitely be done before you give up on the ISF. With the right mods the car goes from a well rounded sports sedan to a monster that only a handful of 4 door cars can keep up with.
Old 09-15-11, 01:34 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was in the same situation a couple of months ago. I felt kind of bored of driving my ISF so I went to different dealers and among others I test drove a Coupe M3, Coupe S5, C63, and the new 2012 CLS63 (what a car!). Out of all the cars the new CLS63 was the clear winner, but at $100k+ I decided to discard it. All Audi models have beautiful interiors, and they all look nice and modern outside. I wouldn't consider an "A" model as I feel it'd be a huge step down. The S5 was nice, but I'm the kind of person that drives on Sport + Manual + VDC off, and the Coupe S5 felt like my ISF with all the nannies ON plus in regular mode at half the throttle, very slow... I can imagine that an A7 would be even slower.

So basically you need to test drive all the cars on your list, and maybe you'll end up like me, falling in love with my ISF for the second time, after 3+ years of ownership.
Old 09-15-11, 01:42 PM
Fapout
Lead Lap

I want glowing rotors too.
Old 09-15-11, 01:50 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ Drive harder.

Quick Reply: Trade in IS-F for A7?