IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Trade in IS-F for A7?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-11, 06:21 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Trade in IS-F for A7?

I don't know whats gotten into me... hope it's not my age (only 26) but I've been eyeing the new a7 since it came out... I know I know it's not everyones cup of tea. Being a young professional I just want a more professional car. I also feel like I might have grown out of my IS-F or maybe I'm just bored, I've had her for 2 and a half years. The thing that pushed me into seriously thinking about it was because I just got something in the mail from a tri-state Audi dealership for top trade in value for my car. It says it's only for selective Lexus owners and only valid until the last day of this month... who knows if it's BS or not but I definetly want to stop by and talk to them. What are your opinions on the trade?
Old 09-14-11, 07:00 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

-Reminds my of a big fat Passat.
-Its a nice full sized sedan but its a heavy guy.
-Underpowered engine for that size, but that low tq curve should make it pick up nice. Still not fast
-The interior is blah, I prefer the F's
-I'd rather own a Lexus over an Audi
-I really don't like it
Old 09-14-11, 07:31 PM
mr2fast
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how is the A7 more professional than the IS-F? does professional = boring? If you're bored why not upgrade the headers (or slap on some nitrous )?

unless you need a bigger sedan I doubt you'll be as happy driving it. Also that offer sounds like BS to get you into the stealership. just my opinion
Old 09-14-11, 07:45 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

The IS-F is a pretty professional car. But at least stick with Lexus, get an LS 600.
Old 09-14-11, 08:28 PM
hydralisk
Driver

+1 on LS, get the executive package.
Old 09-14-11, 08:33 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Sell your IS-F, no man who questions the IS-F is worthy of it
Old 09-14-11, 08:44 PM
js619858
Pole Position

first I wanted an Audi S5 but honestly Audi's are really unreliable even more than BMW. They are owned by Volkswagon who had bad reliablity. Also there's a reason they are offering you that deal, think about it. Also why do you think most BMW and Audi owners trade there car I before 50,000 miles or when warrenty is about to expired. Also my uncle has a Passet and that's what it looks like.

Overall if you like it that much then do it! Never take peoples opinion too much because most are bias, do what makes you happy!
Old 09-14-11, 09:03 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
The IS-F is a pretty professional car. But at least stick with Lexus, get an LS 600.
Originally Posted by hydralisk
+1 on LS, get the executive package.
My father has a ls460L and it's a heck of a car but it's just soooo damn boring. I understand it's no 600 but still...

Originally Posted by vraa
Sell your IS-F, no man who questions the IS-F is worthy of it
You're right, solely based on your observations I shall sell my IS-F.
Old 09-14-11, 10:22 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

The A7 looks a little more professional but I don't like how it looks at all. Overall, I would stick with the F. It's still professional, and when you want power, it's there.
Old 09-15-11, 03:00 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Those types of letters are very common. I remember a thread back awhile ago (last year) sent to original owners, that the dealer wanted to buy back there used F due to the high demand and was willing to give top $ towards a new purchase. I have an 01 Rav4 with 150K miles, and I get letters from Toyota basically saying the same thing too. Take that letter with a grain of salt....

As for the A7, I would not even entertain the idea, as it is not the top of the line model like an F is in the IS line. Now an S7 is a different story, sure I'll think about it. Being an F owner, I only second glance at S models, not A models from Audi. It’s definitely a downgrade with regards to uniqueness and exclusiveness in my opinion.
Old 09-15-11, 03:49 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

You must be high
Old 09-15-11, 04:33 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Since you started this thread it's obvious you may want another car. I would say at least test drive the car it's no harm. While you’re at it test drive the CLS which is nice also. The A7 does look a little more professional. Rather it's a better car now that’s your opinion.
Old 09-15-11, 05:53 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a7? definitely a downgrade in almost every aspect except interior room.

If you really wanted an audi I'd get the S4 over the a7. It's got more pep, but still slower than the f and a reasonable amount of interior amenities and space.
Old 09-15-11, 06:23 AM
Steve727
Lead Lap

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is why you are bored with your F?? Is it the power, look, or maybe the cabin space??

The A7 is a roomier car, and I'd have to agree with the others, it is a down grade from the F. Now if you look at the S line, the. I could see why u may want to trade the F but I still wouldn't. Call me old fashion, but reliability is where I tend to lean when it comes to cars. I'm just not sure u will get that with the A7. At the end of the day, its your decision and do what makes you happy.
Old 09-15-11, 07:14 AM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your going to go for a boat get the LS. I am also a working professional and my clients love the F.

Quick Reply: Trade in IS-F for A7?