IS-F is dead

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-11, 06:37 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts
Default IS-F is dead

Did not start

Jumped it, all lights are going crazy, navi won't turn on, car drives funny, thought it was my badass aftermarket LSD, realized car was bone stock, realized I am out of toilet paper, realized I can't get to Wal mart to buy more

Going to call Lexus tomorrow and get #1 towed to the dealer

CHOPS I STILL NEED ROTORS FOR #2, TELL YOUR CONNECT TO HURRY UP!
Old 09-20-11, 06:39 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Is it under warranty? Get it transported to the dealership.
Old 09-20-11, 06:41 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Originally Posted by Sango
Is it under warranty? Get it transported to the dealership.
Yes, but I am sad to say I'm not near it otherwise I'd OBD2 it
Old 09-20-11, 06:57 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

stupid question but do you think you jumped it inverting the cables ?? + to -?
Old 09-20-11, 07:14 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

I don't think so, I wasn't there, #1 is a few hundred miles from me, the toilet paper is just a story

sister called geico road service, I think you might be right perhaps the cables were inverted, I remember I saw similar thing happen in my old 4runner

This is great timing, my M6 is in the shop for new injectors and spark plugs, even if I get it back by noon, I'll have to race to Austin and get the IS-F some how towed to the Austin Lexus dealer before they close or something
I'm going to see if I can get the IS-F towed to their service shop (Lexus of Austin) and maybe I'll just drive there to check everything out

sigh girls and cars. no amount of folding@home can fix this.
Old 09-20-11, 08:07 PM
tenspeed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sound like you need a new battery.
Old 09-20-11, 08:58 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Looks like you have an 2008 also. My battery crapped out way too early too and the car did weird things. If you do a Lexus wide search you will see there were bad batteries made in 2007 and some ended up in 2008. The replacement I got from Lexus (under warranty) is made by Interstate (labeled Lexus) and the battery from the factory was a Panasonic. Service manager that drove out to my house to change out (good service!) The AAA guy gave me the heads up on the bad lot of batteries said he sees this all the time on '07 and '08 Lexus.
Old 09-20-11, 09:20 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Sound like you need a new battery.
agreed ^^^
Old 09-21-11, 05:30 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

My 2 year old son killed my OEM battery last week. He must have tried opening a door but not all the way and the inside light turned on and I believe drained the battery dead. The indicator window on the battery showed red/white meaning it needs recharged, but no matter how long I tried to recharge it the battery would not charge. I was about to put my PC680 lightweight battery back in the car anyway so the timing was perfect. Just glad I had the extra battery around when this happened. Once race season is over (December) I'll have to get a new OEM battery because I don't like to run the PC680 in freezing temps as it seems to lose charge too easily when it's cold and not driven daily.

Last edited by caymandive; 09-21-11 at 05:50 AM.
Old 09-21-11, 06:59 AM
buis02
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
Looks like you have an 2008 also. My battery crapped out way too early too and the car did weird things. If you do a Lexus wide search you will see there were bad batteries made in 2007 and some ended up in 2008. The replacement I got from Lexus (under warranty) is made by Interstate (labeled Lexus) and the battery from the factory was a Panasonic. Service manager that drove out to my house to change out (good service!) The AAA guy gave me the heads up on the bad lot of batteries said he sees this all the time on '07 and '08 Lexus.
Thanks for the info. As soon as I get my car back from the dealership I'm going to check if it's a Panasonic. Is Lexus even taking these batteries back and replacing it? Mine hasn't died yet but I'm about to hit my 50k mark where warranty expires and I purchased this vehicle used so don't know if it will crap out on me soon.
Old 09-21-11, 08:08 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my battery replaced over a year ago, it was covered under warranty. The paperwork mentioned a dead cell, I believe the new one is Panasonic.
Old 09-21-11, 10:26 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Battery was replaced under warranty
GEICO roadside seems to have jumped the car backwards, time to call them and see what they'll do to fix it.
Gosh I love the IS-F so much
Old 09-21-11, 12:07 PM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

What kind of people is Geico employing? They obviously arent qualified for the position.. #idiots
Originally Posted by vraa
Battery was replaced under warranty
GEICO roadside seems to have jumped the car backwards, time to call them and see what they'll do to fix it.
Gosh I love the IS-F so much
Old 09-21-11, 04:09 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Very good man Bobby Davis at Lexus Austin is a true champ

He got the car, replaced battery under warranty after testing it, got all the fuses and junction boxes fixed up. Fixed the car back up and had it ready for me very very fast.

Unfortunately I'm still working with GEICO (who is working with the tow company) to figure out how to pay for the repairs.

Considering its my sister who ended up with a dead battery IS-F, I'm next to infuriated that whoever GEICO called to jump the car .... ****ed up the IS-F, on top of that since I pay GEICO extra for road side, I'm even more mad...
Old 09-21-11, 04:51 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by vraa
Very good man Bobby Davis at Lexus Austin is a true champ

He got the car, replaced battery under warranty after testing it, got all the fuses and junction boxes fixed up. Fixed the car back up and had it ready for me very very fast.

Unfortunately I'm still working with GEICO (who is working with the tow company) to figure out how to pay for the repairs.

Considering its my sister who ended up with a dead battery IS-F, I'm next to infuriated that whoever GEICO called to jump the car .... ****ed up the IS-F, on top of that since I pay GEICO extra for road side, I'm even more mad...
I can see the steam from your ears coming through my monitor. I totally get how mad you are, I would be too. Hopefully GEICO stands behind their services. Otherwise I suppose you could go to small claims court.

Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
vraa (02-14-21)

Quick Reply: IS-F is dead