IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Fujitsubo Exhaust on an ISF?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-11, 10:49 PM
buis02
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fujitsubo Exhaust on an ISF?

Is anyone running a Fujitsubo exhaust? I'm looking at possibly picking up this exhaust and wanted to hear how it sounds. I saw it on an ISF (http://www.importtuner.com/features/...f/viewall.html) and found out that its actually a IS350 setup modified for the ISF so pretty much a one off. I'm basically having a hard time finding how the exhaust sounds. If anyone has it can you post a clip up of how it sounds.
Old 09-20-11, 11:43 PM
hydralisk
Driver

In before 20 replies of "Just get JoeZ like the rest of us, why be different"

Let us know if you pull the trigger, I applaud anyone who goes outside the box to see what else works.

(Not saying JoeZ is bad, I just like to see unique setups. Hence, why I am not in a new M3)
Old 09-20-11, 11:50 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

I would like to hear the sound of this exhaust as well.

I was looking at VIP Auto Salon's new online store and omg... I believe they have most of the IS-F exhaust available on the market. You might want to check out their website. I thought there were only about 5 different kinds, but there is a lot more. Of course, there are only a handful of exhausts around ~2k.

You can check them out here: http://vipautosalon.com/store/index....use20-1?cat=14

But no sound clips.
Old 09-21-11, 12:07 AM
hydralisk
Driver

Wow thanks for that link, they will definately be getting another customer just for making things easier.
Old 09-21-11, 06:13 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I wanna hear the Greddy Ti set up.... if i didnt go with PTS i would have steped up to Greddy, its sick
Old 09-21-11, 06:49 AM
buis02
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hydralisk
In before 20 replies of "Just get JoeZ like the rest of us, why be different"

Let us know if you pull the trigger, I applaud anyone who goes outside the box to see what else works.

(Not saying JoeZ is bad, I just like to see unique setups. Hence, why I am not in a new M3)
Totally agreed. Thanks for the heads up. I just might be able to get this at cost through a connection and can most likely find out what modification Tein did to make the system fit and bolt up to the ISF. I definitely want to be unique.
Originally Posted by ShadowISF
I would like to hear the sound of this exhaust as well.

I was looking at VIP Auto Salon's new online store and omg... I believe they have most of the IS-F exhaust available on the market. You might want to check out their website. I thought there were only about 5 different kinds, but there is a lot more. Of course, there are only a handful of exhausts around ~2k.

You can check them out here: http://vipautosalon.com/store/index....use20-1?cat=14

But no sound clips.
Thanks for the link Shadow. All I have to say is wow... those exhaust systems are pretty pricey lol. I'm going to need to save up for a rainy day for those things. Just hope that I don't have issues when that day comes when I get the exhaust such as popping cels and error codes. What someone needs to do is create a thread members putting up clips of how their exhaust sounds and whatnots. I know some of the motorcycle exhaust manufacturers like Jardine actually do that so that you know what you are exactly getting.
Old 09-21-11, 12:04 PM
Pqbrown
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by buis02
What someone needs to do is create a thread members putting up clips of how their exhaust sounds and whatnots. I know some of the motorcycle exhaust manufacturers like Jardine actually do that so that you know what you are exactly getting.

Ask and ye shall recieve.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...nd-thread.html
Old 09-21-11, 01:07 PM
buis02
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Pqbrown
awesome. Thanks a lot.
Old 09-21-11, 02:22 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by buis02
Is anyone running a Fujitsubo exhaust? I'm looking at possibly picking up this exhaust and wanted to hear how it sounds. I saw it on an ISF (http://www.importtuner.com/features/...f/viewall.html) and found out that its actually a IS350 setup modified for the ISF so pretty much a one off. I'm basically having a hard time finding how the exhaust sounds. If anyone has it can you post a clip up of how it sounds.
Sad to know this awesome build ended up going to the crusher not too long ago....

This IS-F was a pre-production unit used for the special projects built for Lexus / SEMA 2008

~ Joe Z
Old 09-21-11, 02:50 PM
tenspeed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Sad to know this awesome build ended up going to the crusher not too long ago....
~ Joe Z
Say it ain't so, Joe, say it ain't so...
Old 09-21-11, 03:23 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Say it ain't so, Joe, say it ain't so...
Most pre-production / prototype cars that enter the US, come with a valid expiration date.

Joe Z
Old 09-21-11, 07:28 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by darbs242
I wanna hear the Greddy Ti set up.... if i didnt go with PTS i would have steped up to Greddy, its sick
Darbs, with the sikky headers, is it possible to weld in an aftermarket cat for the Greddy Ti exhaust?
Old 09-21-11, 08:59 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by PurduePete
Darbs, with the sikky headers, is it possible to weld in an aftermarket cat for the Greddy Ti exhaust?
I know you didn't ask me...

It is very possible... But you would have to weld in Ti and I sure hope they would be Ti CATs..

Yes they do exist..
&
Yes they are silly expensive.

Joe Z
Old 09-21-11, 10:20 PM
buis02
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Most pre-production / prototype cars that enter the US, come with a valid expiration date.

Joe Z
NOOOOOOOOO! Hahaha no worries. My girlfriend who's in the car industry is going to hit up Tein tomorrow and see if they might have yanked the exhaust off and did anything with it. Worst comes to worst they can always give us the info to one off another one for the car if I choose to go that route. The sad thing besides the production car being crushed is that Tein is not going to be distributing Fujitsubo to the US going forward I believe so yeah it's goiing to be hard to find their exhausts on the market.