IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

***TEASER*** ISS Forged DES Super Street Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-12, 08:45 AM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive had it on for a couple months and would really recommend it. It makes the car sound great. I get more compliments than ever before. I also like the new tips a lot, gives it an unique look. I down shift at nearly every light now because that rumble makes me smile. I do not know how I went the whole summer without exhaust!

As per drone, as you prob could see I disagreed that there is a slight drone when the RPMs are right around 2k on the expressway. I think this is a more subjective issue tho. My buddy with Corsa's "no drone" technology on his Z06 has a similar drone that him and I discuss in comparison to mine. It is just how it goes with an aftermarket exhaust. It is not bad at all, I just dont like when people make issues absolute black and white. "ZERO DRONE" is just not true. I imagine its has close to no drone, when you compare it to the track version of the ISS exhaust, or other ISF exahusts. No one has complained about about the sound in my car, I talk on bluetooth without any interference, and very rarely does my coffee cup rattle in the cup holder. Just sayin..

I dont know why stats haven't been released yet concerning dyno results.. The sound alone makes it for me, but I am still curious if I have any power increase from the exhaust! Even if it makes next to nothing HP wise, Id recommend it to anyone (business men, dads, or tuners).
Old 01-13-12, 11:15 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptAwsm
Ive had it on for a couple months and would really recommend it. It makes the car sound great. I get more compliments than ever before. I also like the new tips a lot, gives it an unique look. I down shift at nearly every light now because that rumble makes me smile. I do not know how I went the whole summer without exhaust!

As per drone, as you prob could see I disagreed that there is a slight drone when the RPMs are right around 2k on the expressway. I think this is a more subjective issue tho. My buddy with Corsa's "no drone" technology on his Z06 has a similar drone that him and I discuss in comparison to mine. It is just how it goes with an aftermarket exhaust. It is not bad at all, I just dont like when people make issues absolute black and white. "ZERO DRONE" is just not true. I imagine its has close to no drone, when you compare it to the track version of the ISS exhaust, or other ISF exahusts. No one has complained about about the sound in my car, I talk on bluetooth without any interference, and very rarely does my coffee cup rattle in the cup holder. Just sayin..

I dont know why stats haven't been released yet concerning dyno results.. The sound alone makes it for me, but I am still curious if I have any power increase from the exhaust! Even if it makes next to nothing HP wise, Id recommend it to anyone (business men, dads, or tuners).
Alex,

Thanks for the kind words and your support. It really goes very far when customers post their feedback on the system. It's one thing for us to post our comments and it's another for customers to post theirs. To answer your question as well as everyone else's question in reference to the exhaust dyno sheets; with the orders of the systems and current limit of parts it has really prevented us from actually fitting/building a system for our own F. Our main concern is building the systems that have been ordered and getting them to our customers in the exact time frames. We had a meeting about this earlier this week and we're going to stock additional systems so that we can build one for ourselves and not affect the turn around times on orders. We're also bringing in some new talent to aid in our turn around times and getting more systems built at the same pace. Normally they're built to order so parts are ordered once they're needed. We should have some numbers up for you guys within the next couple of weeks as we're also working on a few other goodies (RMI scoops, TITANIUM pulley kit, and F.I) and launching a few group buys.

Gio

Last edited by Fitment Factory; 01-13-12 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 01-15-12, 03:40 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

quick question, so the street version is just a quieter version then the track version?
Old 01-16-12, 08:50 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LiLS
quick question, so the street version is just a quieter version then the track version?
Not necessarily; the D.E.S consists of a dual 1 in 2 out muffler system with dual 16" resonators. The Q.E.S is a quad muffler system with no resonators. The D.E.S is a street system that allows for an enjoyable minimal to no drone ride while the track exhaust is exactly that. A TRACK system. They're both built using 2.5" 304 stainless mandrel bent pipes which are all tig welded together for a perfect leak free system. The track system allows for greater whp gains versus the D.E.S but is not recommended for street use.
Old 01-16-12, 12:55 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Fitment Factory
Not necessarily; the D.E.S consists of a dual 1 in 2 out muffler system with dual 16" resonators. The Q.E.S is a quad muffler system with no resonators. The D.E.S is a street system that allows for an enjoyable minimal to no drone ride while the track exhaust is exactly that. A TRACK system. They're both built using 2.5" 304 stainless mandrel bent pipes which are all tig welded together for a perfect leak free system. The track system allows for greater whp gains versus the D.E.S but is not recommended for street use.
Ahhh I see...why isn't it recommended for street use?
Old 01-16-12, 01:40 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,365 Posts

^^^^ With a question like that, I really don't think you understand at all

Lou
Old 01-16-12, 08:40 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

i think i asked wrong so it isnt recommended for street use due to droning?
Old 01-17-12, 04:22 AM
clifftrail
Pole Position

No, more likely its not emissions certified. The secondary cats get removed for installation and the increased noise may make your local law enforcement pull you over and issue citations. The last one depends on when/where and how you act. In most states they have laws for anything not OEM and a citation could be issued and this would apply to the DES or QES except I suspect the DES is quieter than the QES due to the design changes.

Can't confirm yet since my DES hasn't arrived, patiently waiting Gio

Last edited by clifftrail; 01-17-12 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-17-12, 07:43 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,365 Posts

Yes excessive drone, and it's also louder. It's really not suitable for street use.

Originally Posted by clifftrail
No, more likely its not emissions certified.
That too

Lou
Old 01-20-12, 05:03 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Yes because of Drone and cabin volume. If it's your Sunday car I see the QES working... With the DES on the other hand we have found a perfect balance of Power, exterior sound, and cabin volume. Wife approved! LOL
Old 01-20-12, 11:08 AM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Sweet still waiting for the pics bro!
Old 01-20-12, 11:13 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Sweet still waiting for the pics bro!
Glad you reminded me I had forgotten. Sent

Last edited by Fitment Factory; 01-20-12 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-20-12, 06:03 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the horsepower gain?

2012 ISF
Obsidian
Old 01-23-12, 09:12 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISF001
What is the horsepower gain?

2012 ISF
Obsidian
We're anticipating a 15-21 whp gain from the computer testing we've done based on the R&D of the system. We should be able to mount the actual sheet up soon as we're in the process of building one for ourselves.

Gio
Old 01-31-12, 05:38 PM
clifftrail
Pole Position

My review of the DES vs QES.

Just to be perfectly clear, the reason I prefer this exhaust is simply because of the way it looks over OEM. The fact that it may give a little more performance is nice but not my motivation to change.

I've had one of the first versions of the QES since it came out and have been really happy with that exhaust. I won't compare the quality or fitament of the QES vs the DES other than to say the DES is better designed and quality than the earlier version of the QES I had. Kudo's for ISS for improving quality as they progressed.

I got it installed this weekend by myself with a set of ramps and tools. Installation is easy and clearly within the scope of the DIY mechanic, however a lift of some sort would have made this so much easier and quicker. Only advice I have is get yourself an O2 tool for your sensors and everything else is common tools and grunt work.

The DES is clearly quieter than the QES and the drone that I experienced like many others from 1500-2000 is gone. The DES is slightly louder than OEM at idle with a nice tone when you step on it but not as crazy as the QES. When I started the car with the QES its an attention getter, its loud at start-up and anytime you crack the throttle until the car settles into a nice groove.

I never had any issues with the QES as far as interior volume but I did experience some rattles to the interior that the DES doesn't exhibit so far. The DES is a very comfortable exhaust to live with window up or down.

Performance wise this is my impression only. I felt as though the car was sluggish with the QES down low more than the DES. I contribute this to freer flowing design of the QES and probably displacement of torque curve. I believe that an N/A car needs backpressure more than a forced induction car and responds better when there is some. If your driving style is like mine with the majority of it being city driving then the torque is wanted and it feels better than the QES did. If your looking for a higher HP number I think the QES is the better exhaust up top. Again, my opinion but I wouldn't be surprised to see dyno pulls confirm this.

ISS has done a fantastic job with the DES and it fits much better with the Tom's rear than my early QES version did. There seems to be a tighter tolerance between the tips although they stayed the same overall diameter.

There is clearly a place for both versions, just depends on what your looking for and how you plan on driving the car.

Thanks to ISS for a very nice piece, keep up the good work and hope that helps some of you along with your decisions.

Last edited by clifftrail; 01-31-12 at 07:13 PM.

Quick Reply: ***TEASER*** ISS Forged DES Super Street Exhaust