IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

How to get in 11s easily?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-11, 03:17 AM
Perpetual
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get in 11s easily?

I know here is Lexus forum but please allow me to say ISF is still not a common car as M3, still quite "new". Maybe you guys will say IF you really love your car, you wont care about 0.1sec quicker or what. But everyone has different thinking. For me, I want the car I bought is as quick as I want. But I know it's very hard.

I explored many websites and informations. What I found out is ISF has lack of parts to mod. Ok maybe my research is not correct or not enough.

My F ran 13.1 for 400m I don't know why and I've seem many members on here they state 12s high on theirs.

I cant remember who teaches me go to get the intake, headers and exhaust upgrade and I will be easily get in 12s mid. 12s mid, it's a fast time for normal car. But you know, people are not easy to satisfied.

Could you guys give me a favor. I want to know what can I do after intake, headers and exhaust.
Get in 11s is my goal. A list include price appreciated.

My F: totally stock, fuels in my living place : 98ron
Old 09-22-11, 04:39 AM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

is your F MY2011?? A member achieved 11.9 with just headers and an exhaust. . which will cost around $3000.. But if you want to run 11s all days, your only option is a nos kit which will cost around $1000
Old 09-22-11, 05:38 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

I would start with the proper tire setup. Those of us who have made good progress in the 1/4 mile have all taken advantage of stickier tires.
Old 09-22-11, 06:20 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

If you ran a 13.1 stock I'd say the first thing you need to do is practice your launch technique, shift points, tire pressures, etc. Once you are capable of hitting 12.6 stock then you are ready for modding and potentially reaching your 11 second goal, but it WON'T be easy. I've run down the quarter mile literally dozens of times over various times of the year to reach my goal.

Keep in mind you won't dip into the 11's with said mods until your Density Altitude is equivalant to sea level or lower. I ran a 12.1 at Sea Level (MIR Raceway) and if the launch was better I'm certain it could have been a 11 second run.
Old 09-22-11, 07:07 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Perpetual
I know here is Lexus forum but please allow me to say ISF is still not a common car as M3, still quite "new". Maybe you guys will say IF you really love your car, you wont care about 0.1sec quicker or what. But everyone has different thinking. For me, I want the car I bought is as quick as I want. But I know it's very hard.

I explored many websites and informations. What I found out is ISF has lack of parts to mod. Ok maybe my research is not correct or not enough.

My F ran 13.1 for 400m I don't know why and I've seem many members on here they state 12s high on theirs.

I cant remember who teaches me go to get the intake, headers and exhaust upgrade and I will be easily get in 12s mid. 12s mid, it's a fast time for normal car. But you know, people are not easy to satisfied.

Could you guys give me a favor. I want to know what can I do after intake, headers and exhaust.
Get in 11s is my goal. A list include price appreciated.

My F: totally stock, fuels in my living place : 98ron

Is it just me or does this letter seem very familiar to the writing style of the "Nigerian money scams"? Im just saying...
Old 09-22-11, 08:39 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ Many people in this forum come from countries where English is not the primary language. I understood the whole OP's message, didn't you?

Hey Rider, you mentioned that someone ran an 11.9s with just header and exhaust, who was it? AFAIK James has the fastest N/A ISF time so far, and he had intake, lighter battery, and DRs as well.
Old 09-22-11, 08:51 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Juanca
^^^ Many people in this forum come from countries where English is not the primary language. I understood the whole OP's message, didn't you?

Hey Rider, you mentioned that someone ran an 11.9s with just header and exhaust, who was it? AFAIK James has the fastest N/A ISF time so far, and he had intake, lighter battery, and DRs as well.
Everything above is correct, but the 11.9 run was done with the stock intake and filter.
Old 09-22-11, 09:16 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

^^^ How come? Do you think the stock intake pipe and filter helped you shaving a tenth? I have the aFe filter but I've been considering going back to OEM, should I? I'm keeping my JoeZ intake though, it enhances my engine compartment's look.
Old 09-22-11, 10:55 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Juanca
^^^ How come? Do you think the stock intake pipe and filter helped you shaving a tenth? I have the aFe filter but I've been considering going back to OEM, should I? I'm keeping my JoeZ intake though, it enhances my engine compartment's look.
I removed the JoeZ pipe after I over tightened one of the clamps on the airbox side. The overtightening resulted in a pinch to the tube coming off the airbox lid and I didn't like running it like that with the possibility of it changing airflow pattern (turbulance?) within the pipe. Having the stock intake pipe back on, the pinch is not there and i'm not worried about anything. I also like the fact that the engine looks stock when popping the hood. This is why I also had a black JoeZ pipe with solid black silicon sleeves.

As for shaving a thenth in the quarter mile, the potential 5hp gain with the JoeZ pipe is insignificant in terms of quarter mile times and drop-in filters are all worthless in my opinion.

Last edited by caymandive; 09-22-11 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-22-11, 02:20 PM
vintage
Pole Position

Default Running 11's

Another thing you can do is remove your aluminum intake manifold and have elite autosports port and polish it. I believe it produces like 16hp to the rear wheels....can't remember exactly but I did mine and believe me you will notice a slight sound difference under hard acceleration and def a more responsive motor.

Vintage
Old 09-23-11, 10:18 AM
Perpetual
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for reply and advices. One more question, why intake,headers and exhaust so effective for ISF? Seems gain much power. I got a friend who drives honda, he said I will be lucky if I can gain 15whp,but you can't feel it.

Comments? Thanks.
Old 09-23-11, 11:03 AM
crazymikie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you reread the posts above, an intake doesn't add much power. The headers seem to be the biggest improvement since the OEM manifolds are terribly designed. After headers, a catback exhaust will give you some more power.
Old 09-23-11, 11:11 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,924 Likes on 1,356 Posts

I got a friend who drives honda, he said I will be lucky if I can gain 15whp,but you can't feel it.

Comments? Thanks.
Why would you believe a guy with no experience with an ISF, over those of us on this forum who have done intake, headers and exhaust and have dynoed before and after and have, in fact, gained HP that can be felt. In my case I gained 27HP and 23 pound ft of torque with headers. The runs were done after my Takeda intake and modified exhaust.

Lou
Old 09-23-11, 11:13 AM
ISFJames
Rookie

Thanks for reply and advices. One more question, why intake,headers and exhaust so effective for ISF? Seems gain much power. I got a friend who drives honda, he said I will be lucky if I can gain 15whp,but you can't feel it.

Comments? Thanks.
Does your friend even know that you have a v8?
Old 09-23-11, 12:17 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Comments? Thanks.
You cannot compare a honda with bolt-ons to a Lexus IS-F with bolt-ons. With just an aftermarket exhaust, you can gave 15+ whp, let alone adding the headers. The headers is where the main power comes from. If you do a search on this forum, you will find out that your friend is wrong about the IS-F.

Quick Reply: How to get in 11s easily?