IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Nates IS-F (Vossen CV3's, Think Design, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-11, 05:10 PM
Nate008
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn...5.0 like a boss! That thing looks sick and only going to get better. Congrats on the upgrade. I don't even want to know the type of numbers it will put down with headers and a tune.

Just ordered some Putco Jet Yellow fog lights from amazon-$27 Bucks w/2 day shipping with prime!

I am going to try and take some pics of the Interior/Puddle light LED's. The kit from precisionled looks sick and came with 4 interior trim tools! I don't know what the consensus on here uses, but this kit wins in my book.
Old 09-29-11, 05:54 PM
luvmysc400
Lead Lap

Luvin the wheels nice whip.
Old 09-29-11, 06:54 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice 5.0 as well.
Old 09-29-11, 07:00 PM
Nate008
Pole Position

Thanks luvmysc400^^^

Took some pics of the Blue LED's. As you can tell...I like me some blue dont I? lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I got every light option Blue except the Vanity LED's which I got white since my wife actually uses those. I also kinda forgot our License plate lights were LED and ordered those white on accident as well. Precision was kind enough to remind me the following day the IS-F does not need them and promptly gave me a refund those that option. Awesome company to deal with for sure!

I bought the Kit here http://www.precisionled.com/Lexus/Le...ypage.tpl.html

Last edited by Nate008; 09-29-11 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-29-11, 08:21 PM
Kybball#1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lookin good bro, almost bought a ISF instead of the stang but i was ready for something totally different and I miseed the power and torque. I plan on around 550ish rwhp..... headed to a huge show this weekend in Ky, prob will come back with some goodies. Keep up the good work... Looks GREAT...
Old 09-29-11, 08:23 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

That looks.... perfect!
Old 09-30-11, 06:44 AM
Steve727
Lead Lap

Looks good bro!! I was curious to see those rims in graphite on USB!! Looks sick!!
Old 09-30-11, 09:53 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

love the ride bro, looks REALLY nice. I love Vossen rims too -
Old 09-30-11, 10:57 AM
Nate008
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kybball#1
Lookin good bro, almost bought a ISF instead of the stang but i was ready for something totally different and I miseed the power and torque. I plan on around 550ish rwhp..... headed to a huge show this weekend in Ky, prob will come back with some goodies. Keep up the good work... Looks GREAT...
550 rwhp . Dammmmnnn wow lol. Damn man. Good luck on your quest for power. You keep up the good work as well. Let me know how everything is going.

Originally Posted by djkhanvict
That looks.... perfect!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Steve727
Looks good bro!! I was curious to see those rims in graphite on USB!! Looks sick!!
No problem, that's why I posted pics on here seeing as I haven't seen a USB on the graphite version yet.

Originally Posted by meade916
love the ride bro, looks REALLY nice. I love Vossen rims too -
Thanks boss I appreciate it!! Your ride is sick!! I love how you changed the look of your wheels! What you got planned next?
Old 09-30-11, 11:12 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Nate008
550 rwhp . Dammmmnnn wow lol. Damn man. Good luck on your quest for power. You keep up the good work as well. Let me know how everything is going.

Thanks boss I appreciate it!! Your ride is sick!! I love how you changed the look of your wheels! What you got planned next?
thanks man!!! i love my rims 1000x more now they are all blacked out. I liked them before but i didnt LOVE them. Now i do!

For future plans, i want to start the system install, but im waiting on the Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3 to come out...basicly it is for tapping into the OEM system and getting a clean signal out for aftermarket amps......among being one of the most powerful processors on the market. Its not JUST for OEM, its for any system......but it really shines when needing a clean signal out of a stock deck. I love the navi setup in the F so that is not coming out. Google 3sixty.2 to get an idea what it is (if you dont know) and imagine the .3 being 100x better, when it is released finally.

but ya, im thinking 2 or 4 10's in the trunk, a couple amps and upgraded mids/highs...im going to keep it ultra clean and classy looking. I will save the massive 30,000 watt head crusher for my other ride. This one will have ***** too but it will be super clean and stealth at the same time. At least thats the plan
Old 09-30-11, 11:27 AM
Kybball#1
Racer

Joe, i know you said you come from stangs too, have you got to drive a new 5.0 yet? If not, i highly reccom'd....
Old 09-30-11, 12:33 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Kybball#1
Joe, i know you said you come from stangs too, have you got to drive a new 5.0 yet? If not, i highly reccom'd....
Back in 1995 I was rolling a 1988 5.0 LX.. for about 5 years, until I special ordered my 2001 IS300

That thing hauled *** for its time... I broke high 12's all motor in the 1/4 mile with simple bolt ons.

It was a "Wolf in Sheep's clothing" ... Kinda like the IS-F ..

~ Joe Z
Old 09-30-11, 12:48 PM
Kybball#1
Racer

If you thought they were fast back then, go test drive one now and HOLD ON ....
Old 09-30-11, 05:27 PM
Nate008
Pole Position

Originally Posted by meade916
thanks man!!! i love my rims 1000x more now they are all blacked out. I liked them before but i didnt LOVE them. Now i do!

For future plans, i want to start the system install, but im waiting on the Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3 to come out...basicly it is for tapping into the OEM system and getting a clean signal out for aftermarket amps......among being one of the most powerful processors on the market. Its not JUST for OEM, its for any system......but it really shines when needing a clean signal out of a stock deck. I love the navi setup in the F so that is not coming out. Google 3sixty.2 to get an idea what it is (if you dont know) and imagine the .3 being 100x better, when it is released finally.

but ya, im thinking 2 or 4 10's in the trunk, a couple amps and upgraded mids/highs...im going to keep it ultra clean and classy looking. I will save the massive 30,000 watt head crusher for my other ride. This one will have ***** too but it will be super clean and stealth at the same time. At least thats the plan
Nice man....sounds real nice. Can't wait to see when you start building that bad boy up. I need to do more research when it comes to audio. I just want a real strong 12 with the port to come through the hole in the backseat to the trunk. I don't think it's a bad idea. Not trying to wake up the block, just want around 1000W RMS in there. But that will have to wait as I decide what 12" to go with. I like the Alpine Type X but I had it in my STI and want something different. Probably 12W7.
Old 09-30-11, 05:28 PM
Nate008
Pole Position

Quick question ya'll....is the below thread the bread and butter for changing out fog light bulbs? Basically just says to cut the wheel one way all the way, undo a few clips on the fender liner and reach from there.

http://www.lexusfforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1719

Quick Reply: Nates IS-F (Vossen CV3's, Think Design, etc.)