IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Nates IS-F (Vossen CV3's, Think Design, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-11, 09:53 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Nate008
I live in the middle of nowhere so no way to repair it, only option is to get a new one. !!
Ouch Nate.!!! Sorry to hear the bad news...

It looks like minimal curb rash damage.. (not bent or comprimised)

Wouldn't there be a rim repair / refinishing shop in a major city near you???

I have seen worse than that.. And it was repaired and color matched with out a tire dismount.

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 10-28-11 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-28-11, 10:01 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,966 Likes on 2,402 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Ouch Nate.!!! Sorry to hear the bad news...

It looks like minimal curb rash damae.. (not bent or comprimised)

Wouldn't there be a rim repair / refinishing shop in a major city near you???

I have seen worse than that.. And it was repaired and color matched with out a tire dismount.

~ Joe Z
+1. That looks like a pretty easy fix. If you want to see ugly, I have a set of 5Zigen GN+ from my former Scion tC that went on the wife's tC. She curbed them mercilessly and bent them a couple of times. When they finally got so bent they were causing vibration at 65 - 70 mph, I replaced them with Enkei RPF-01s I got used, cheap, and in perfect condition. She's had them for 6 months now without curbing them once. Go figure...

I probably just jinxed myself by posting this...
Old 10-28-11, 04:42 PM
Nate008
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@lexuswtf- I didn't even see it. Thanks for the link to your photoshoot thread! I see your F is coming along nicely. I am digging the Ventross front lip for sure! Looks sick. Guess you need another shoot done now lol.

@Mike@Vossen- Yea I didn't want to make you cringe lol.

@js619858- Damn that sucks bro. Ahhh women...lol

@gencoupe- Thanks! It USED to look awesome! lol. jk.

@JoeZ- The damage doesn't look bad at all I must say. Just very ugly. Didn't go deep or anything. The problem for me is the closest major city is San Antonio- 3 1/2 hr drive. I would guess most places when you take a wheel in for repair you would need to leave the car/wheel that need repair for at least a day or so or can they be done in a single day? My stock rims tires are toast so the F would have to be dropped off at said repair shop. I could have my wife drive her H3 there and follow me but then I have to take in consideration her gas, us having to get a hotel room etc. This may be the only option I have as far as repair goes and if I can time it right I might even be able to get the fenders rolled the same weekend while I'm in San Antonio to make the long trip feel "worth it".

@lobuxracer- I hope you didn't just jinx yourself. If something does happen don't tell me or I'll feel guilty lol.I agree and think it would be an easy fix. I just need to get the time to be able to make that 3 1/2 hr drive to San Antonio/find somewhere reputable to work on it.

To make myself feel better I ordered some new DRL bulbs to make me get excited about something lol. Can't wait for those blue bad boys to get in. What to do about my curbed rim...decisions decisions.
Old 10-28-11, 04:45 PM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

clean Vossen wheels...i need some
Old 10-28-11, 04:48 PM
Nate008
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TheRyanGS
clean Vossen wheels...i need some
Thx boss! They def look clean and classy.
Old 10-30-11, 12:47 AM
NoirG
Driver School Candidate

CV3 looks good
Old 10-30-11, 07:28 AM
SargeISF
Lead Lap

Damn that sucks. My wife curbed all for of her new rims within a couple of months. And she is a car chick.
Old 12-22-11, 01:11 PM
Nate008
Pole Position

Christmas came early for this guy! I have been wanting a new steering wheel for a while now. Decided on the White CF/Blue stitching & Flat Bottom one from LexTuners. I decided not to since it is near Christmas and my wife would kill me if I was "selfish" and spent $500 on a steering wheel lol.

I saw my wife made a transaction but didn't know what it was. So I PM'd Gabe from LexTuners to see if it was her that got the last one and he told me no, they are sold out and they sold the last one to someone in CA (We live in TX) so I as heartbroken....until today! I can't wait to install this bad boy. Stock steering wheel will be for sale very soon lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you wifey and Gabe/LexTuners you sneaky son of uh for lying and saying they were sold out and last one went to Cali lol.

I will post more pics once I install it. I have a couple of other small mods I have done since my last update and I will post them up here too.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-22-11, 02:15 PM
lexuswtf
Lexus Test Driver

Nate!!! ur F is coming along great!!!! and merry x-mas.. jealous of the new steering wheel
Old 12-24-11, 09:13 AM
Nate008
Pole Position

@lexuswtf- Thanks man I appreciate it. You have a Merry Christmas too. Don't be jealous, only reason I got it is because it was on sale and I kept bugging my wife about me wanting it lol.

Ok so I couldn't wait to install the new steering wheel. It looks and feels awesome! Another bonus of it looking great and matching the interior very well is I personally like how it is thicker, grip wise than the OEM wheel. Don't mind the weird Hawaiian warrior thing hanging from my rear view mirror lol. Wife gave it to me a couple yrs ago and I HAVE to have it displayed at all times ha.

I also want to update all of the headlight/foglight bulb mods I have done.

I HATED the OEM DRL color. So I got the Luminics Krypton Super Blue bulbs. They are not "super blue" because being a DRL it isn't drawing as much power as say a headlight. When I use the brights and get more power to them then they have a blueish ting to them.

This pic is showing "cool blueness" color of the Garax 8K low beam w/ Putco Jet Yellow Fog Light bulbs. Personally I wanted a deeper looking blue as these are a baby blue color, but I'm not spending another $90 on new bulbs lol.

Another picture of headlight/foglight combo.

This picture shows the Vled LED parking/city lights. They aren't as blue as they appear in the picture, they are really white (equivalent color of about 6k), however, the Luminics DRL bulbs themselves are blue so the blue color from those gets reflected onto the chrome headlight housing.

I also installed some yellow fog light overlays from aerotect. I love how the yellow makes the fog lights stand out now rather than just being clear and "boring". Plus they are a little thick so they protect your foglights from rock chips/etc.

Let me know if you want to see more pics of anything, I will be happy to oblige.

I also have installed a JoeZ catback in the past month or so. OMG that by far is the best mod on my car right now. If you own an F and don't have an exhaust to hear that V8, SHAME ON YOU jk. I must say people look at my car alot more now wondering why an "IS250/350" sounds like that LMAO.

I need to update my sig again, I need to stop modding lol.

Have a safe and Merry Christmas everyone.
Old 12-27-11, 08:12 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice car, love the shift ****.
Old 12-28-11, 06:13 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

Car is looking great. Really like that flat bottom wheel.
Old 12-28-11, 07:02 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

bro, where in Texas are you? I'd love to see your ride in person!! I'm in the Austin area.
Old 12-28-11, 07:57 AM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Wow that wheel is sickkk. I never thought itd be worth it for me to get a wheel because I really like my blue bottomed stock wheel.. This blows it out of the water, I want one!
Old 12-28-11, 10:35 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

I really like the front of your car with the BP emblems and grill and blue lighting.

Quick Reply: Nates IS-F (Vossen CV3's, Think Design, etc.)